Log Wizard
From Obi-Wan, one of the force sensitive kids that "get away":
1654037677885.png

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
View attachment 414959

They already fucked up their chance to successfully integrate the EU. Nothing they do now helps, especially since Horn was never around Obi-Wan. If it is just the same name and nothing else about him is the same then what fan of his would be fooled?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 414959
He's not one of the younglings in part 1, he's the child in part 2 that Kumail Nanjiani's character "helps" get to Corelia and is referenced as having force abilities. So far, it could totally be him without conflict. The only youngling that is going to matter from part 1 is Reva.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
He's not one of the younglings in part 1, he's the child in part 2 that Kumail Nanjiani's character "helps" get to Corelia and is referenced as having force abilities. So far, it could totally be him without conflict. The only youngling that is going to matter from part 1 is Reva.
Ahhh, that's it. I also saw that the woman credited as his mother had the same character name was Corran's mother in the books and Stackpoole himself basically confirmed it was him.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
They already fucked up their chance to successfully integrate the EU. Nothing they do now helps, especially since Horn was never around Obi-Wan. If it is just the same name and nothing else about him is the same then what fan of his would be fooled?
This is one of my biggest peeves with SW. There was some incredible lore created during the 90s and early 2000s. Some of the best fictional characters I've seen. Instead we got a turd sandwich.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is one of my biggest peeves with SW. There was some incredible lore created during the 90s and early 2000s. Some of the best fictional characters I've seen. Instead we got a turd sandwich.
i have read one star wars book, but i dont remember the name of it. some chick was one of Jabba's slaves and she wants revenge on Luke for killing Jabba and throwing her life into turmoil. what was the name of it?

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i have read one star wars book, but i dont remember the name of it. some chick was one of Jabba's slaves and she wants revenge on Luke for killing Jabba and throwing her life into turmoil. what was the name of it?
boy do I ever regret that bing search.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Tales of the bounty Hunters by Kevin j Anderson?

Edit: tales from jabba palace

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
There was tons more shit than good that came out of the EU.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
and Disney had the pick of all of it, take the gems or rewrote the decent characters into better backgrounds. Yet what we've gotten in live action so far has been incredibly disappointing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Tales of the bounty Hunters by Kevin j Anderson?

Edit: tales from jabba palace
i dont think those were it. maybe Shadows of the Empire or something similar. the book cover art for that looks familiar. pretty sure the antagonist was a female ex slave or she was avenging a dead slave. oh well. lost to time. i dont even remember when i read it or if i read all of it.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
and Disney had the pick of all of it, take the gems or rewrote the decent characters into better backgrounds. Yet what we've gotten in live action so far has been incredibly disappointing.
Well you see, when that decision was made, that would have required someone at Disney actually reading or watching a Star Wars product, and that will not do.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well you see, when that decision was made, that would have required someone at Disney actually reading or watching a Star Wars product, and that will not do.

Pretty much this. When Kathy took over she hired fresh faces. The only dude who had read anything was Pablo Hidalgo and he was sidelined for a diversity black woman hire (probably for the best, as he has a disdain for traditional Star Wars and the space opera genre).

The reason EU wasn't incorporated more is because nobody at modern Lucas Film had even heard of it. Hence KK comment that "we don't have any source material to draw from". After the studio caught heat for that comment they started to spin up more incorporation.

Shadows of the Empire is in development right now. I assume it will be recasted like George was thinking about doing-- or possibly deepfaked when necessary with the central story focusing on new characters set in the Shadows of the Empire timeline. Deepfaking with a bunch of rewrites to shift the story away from OT cast, and focus on all new characters, while keeping the bulk of the main story elements, will work just fine.

Alternatively they could write the OT cast members completely out of the movie and still keep the main story elements and setting.

1654407797555.png

• 2Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

Some of these short fan films are getting very good.... At least in terms of space battle stuff.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

This describes Mara Jade (although she wasn't a slave, she was a plant as the Emperor's Hand). She hated Luke for killing Jabba, then hated him even more for killing the Emperor and making her a ghost.

Which means it might have been one of the Zahn trilogy.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This describes Mara Jade (although she wasn't a slave, she was a plant as the Emperor's Hand). She hated Luke for killing Jabba, then hated him even more for killing the Emperor and making her a ghost.

Which means it might have been one of the Zahn trilogy.
Ok, that does sound familiar. Thought she was a slave, but 2 out of three remembering it aint bad.
i think this was the cover.
iu

maybe i never finished it because i have no memory of Thrawn and if its the second part of a trilogy maybe i put it down so i could start from the first part.
then forgot about it.

Last edited: