Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
^ probably the single best set of SW books
i gotta check my book stash, i bought it at a Waldenbooks or Borders or one of the million book stores they had back in 92. i guess i done goofed. i'm sure i can pick up all 3 on Amazon for almost nothing.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
i gotta check my book stash, i bought it at a Waldenbooks or Borders or one of the million book stores they had back in 92. i guess i done goofed. i'm sure i can pick up all 3 on Amazon for almost nothing.

The audiobooks on Audible are solid, narrator is good. I listen to them every couple of years.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

This is great. There is an entire galaxy of stories to tell and every movie after RoTJ has just ruined characters we love. Go make new ones and if they suck, they suck. I would say that this protects the ones we love from further damage but I stopped loving or caring about anything Star Wars related after Attack of the Clones confirmed that the prequels were a mistake.

• 2Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everyone wants to do that. The problem is that they are not George Lukas (or J.K. Rowling, George R.R. Martin, etc). They may be good film makers but there are a ton of them around. Good world builders are a rare find.

Just giving the world building to any director because he wants to do it (and Kennedy is an idiot), gave us The Last Jedi.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Everyone wants to do that. The problem is that they are not George Lukas (or J.K. Rowling, George R.R. Martin, etc). They may be good film makers but there are a ton of them around. Good world builders are a rare find.

Just giving the world building to any director because he wants to do it (and Kennedy is an idiot), gave us The Last Jedi.

You can hate on the sequels that George had planned all you want, but it would have done a lot to break Star Wars out and expand the world.

It also fitting the DCMU meta and super hero stuff would have helped it's longevity on the big screen. I think Disney should have bit down, grit their teeth, and made those George Lucas sequel movies. Expanding the concept of the force into demigods and gods themselves would have went a long way to giving them more pieces to work with capeshit wise. I don't think Star Wars fits neatly as a comic book story, but the fact is that's what appeals to people these days. Lucas's sequels would have been better than what we got.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

This is where they fucked up completely chucking the EU.

Sure, there are lots of shit books in the EU but there were also some very good, original characters that should have been given a chance to hit the big screen. They are kind of doing that with Thrawn, but it was such a petty, ridiculous move to assume that the Disney name was enough to ensure that all their potential creators were better than decades worth of existing content.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
If watch her spin on I mean a light saber
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
The X-Wing Red Leader model used in A New Hope sold for $1.9m in auction

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Disney might give certain directors creative freedom with other projects. But with Lucas Film it's a solid proven no-- especially after the movie hiatus was ordered by CEO Bob Iger.

So don't catch too big of a buzz on hopium yet. Taika Waititi is not being handed a blank sheet to go create a universe. We know that based on the firings of several directors who tried before.