Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I would say this is a win only if Feige was pulled back to clean up the MCU from whomever was running it for Phase Four. (Taika clearly could use someone reining him in.)

Frankly, Feige properly starting up a ten year plan for Star Wars movies would have been a good thing.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would say this is a win only if Feige was pulled back to clean up the MCU from whomever was running it for Phase Four. (Taika clearly could use someone reining him in.)

Frankly, Feige properly starting up a ten year plan for Star Wars movies would have been a good thing.
This is a fucking joke right?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty sure Favreau is in that position right now.

He's in the room along with Filoni at times. But I'd never believe anyone besides KK and the Lucas Film Story Group calls the shots on the big screen narrative, along with the VP of Product and Merchandise at Disney which now has a lot of control since the position was promoted to oversee admin of all intellectual properties, filling Alan Horn's old job that Chapek decided not to replace-- rather he just promoted someone from another division and relabeled it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Boy do I have some bad news for you

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
To be fair we all wish that someone would clean up the MCU from the person running it for Phase Four. Wombat Wombat exactly who do you think is currently running the MCU?
Kevin Feige's response:
I Got News For You GIF by Paramount Network

Taking Pro Wrestling GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

stan marsh gay GIF by South Park

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
This is a fucking joke right?
Last long term schedule I saw still had Disney alternating Star Wars and Avatars until the 2030s. Everyone would much rather have Star Wars' long term plans run by Feige than Taika.

The elephant being how much of Marvel Phase Four being Feige rather than his lieutenants. That they've killed his moonlighting on Star Wars and (if rumors are to be believed) based their next crossover around Spider-Man, a character Marvel does not even own the movie rights to, suggests his superiors have told him to get his house in order.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't think anyone is in charge of anything over at Disney's movie division right now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Last long term schedule I saw still had Disney alternating Star Wars and Avatars until the 2030s. Everyone would much rather have Star Wars' long term plans run by Feige than Taika.

The elephant being how much of Marvel Phase Four being Feige rather than his lieutenants. That they've killed his moonlighting on Star Wars and (if rumors are to be believed) based their next crossover around Spider-Man, a character Marvel does not even own the movie rights to, suggests his superiors have told him to get his house in order.
What is so hard to grasp? Feige is full on woke trash who would have destroyed the MCU early on if Perlmutter hadn't been constantly telling him no. Perlmutter's focus on profitability (and unashamed racism/sexism) made him an embarrassment to a company focused so heavily on virtue signaling and child grooming which is why nobody will give him the credit he deserves. Phase 3 was already out or in production when Iger promoted Feige to CCO and took Perlmutter out of the mix but Feige now had unrestricted control over Phase 4.

The MCU started going to shit the instant Phase 4 went live. The most popular Phase 4 movie by far is the only movie that someone other than Feige had final creative control over.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
What is so hard to grasp? Feige is full on woke trash who would have destroyed the MCU early on if Perlmutter hadn't been constantly telling him no. Perlmutter's focus on profitability (and unashamed racism/sexism) made him an embarrassment to a company focused so heavily on virtue signaling and child grooming which is why nobody will give him the credit he deserves. Phase 3 was already out or in production when Iger promoted Feige to CCO and took Perlmutter out of the mix but Feige now had unrestricted control over Phase 4.

The MCU started going to shit the instant Phase 4 went live. The most popular Phase 4 movie by far is the only movie that someone other than Feige had final creative control over.

Why doesn't every forum have the true/false reactions?

I rate this post 110% truth.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy

Assuming you're talking about No Way Home.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Eh, that's the wrong read.

More likely Lindelof wasn't woke enough for the story group.

After all the trouble JJ had getting a script approved-- this is a really bad sign if Lindelof can't get something through.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider

New writer has a few pretty good credits though. wrote Peaky Blinders, Taboo, Rogue Heroes, Eastern Promises.

Expectations still low.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

New writer has a few pretty good credits though. wrote Peaky Blinders, Taboo, Rogue Heroes, Eastern Promises.

Expectations still low.

Reeks of a desperate replacement after a dustup ala what JJ went through during TFA. This says to me the Lindelof exit was more of a blow out-- not an actual mutual creative disagreement with respect.

None of those credits say to me this was their first creative choice. This will be the next in a long line of big screen mistakes Disney has made with the franchise.

Iger says they are being careful. We know from Episode 9 what careful means, because the same rules applied then.