Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
If you had to rate TFA, TLJ and TRS from best to worst, how you rate them?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
TLJ was so bad I didnt watch TRS so from bad to less bad its likely TLJ > TRS > TFA.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
TLJ was so bad I didnt watch TRS so from bad to less bad its likely TLJ > TRS > TFA.

I thought the same thing as I just finished watching TLJ 10 minutes ago, but then the opening scroll for TRS started with "The dead awake, mysterious broadcast from Emperor Palpatine alerts the galaxy!" and then I was like, "oh yeah i forgot about this stupid fucking shit where they painted themselves into a plot corner and had to resurrect Palpatine"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought the same thing as I just finished watching TLJ 10 minutes ago, but then the opening scroll for TRS started with "The dead awake, mysterious broadcast from Emperor Palpatine alerts the galaxy!" and then I was like, "oh yeah i forgot about this stupid fucking shit where they painted themselves into a plot corner and had to resurrect Palpatine"
As much as I hate Abrams and love reminding people that I hate Abrams, the only way Ep 9 ever would have worked is if it started with Ep 8 having all been a dream.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
As much as I hate Abrams and love reminding people that I hate Abrams, the only way Ep 9 ever would have worked is if it started with Ep 8 having all been a dream.

Apparently there was another version of Episode 9 that didnt sound too horrible. I guess script for it was leaked in 2020?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Apparently there was another version of Episode 9 that didnt sound too horrible. I guess script for it was leaked in 2020?

Hard to say. One of the few things Abrams got right was cutting Rose almost entirely out of the movie, but her increased screentime in the Trevorrow script would have included her being tortured and dying.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Hard to say. One of the few things Abrams got right was cutting Rose almost entirely out of the movie, but her increased screentime in the Trevorrow script would have included her being tortured and dying.

Yeah she sucked

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Lightspeed skipping, horses on star destroyers. 9 was awful but it was stupid awful. 8 was willfully trying to destroy Star Wars.

• 1Spotlight
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
I had to google TRS because I don't know the name of the last movie. TLJ was such a "fuck you" i never saw the next one.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have the same problem so I just call it Ep9, everyone knows what you mean and you don't have to bother at all

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
74zsre.jpg

spronk

FPS noob

not quite a win if taika is gonna star in his own star wars movie (written and directed by him), dude is a total fuckwad when he has nobody reigning him in (thor love & thunder vs Ragnarok)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
if it was a mandalorian prequel about IG-11's assassination missions, I'd be down for that.

ig-11-databank_0f4bb5cc.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users