Star Wars general purpose movie stuff

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
a movie? do these guys get promised these things thinking anyone would go see a Jabba movie or they just dont want to admit they were trying to get a D+ TV show made and it got canned?
You act like you wouldnt watch a Jabba movie/show that was made by GDT. But we all know you would.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have said this a million times, give me a rated R Jabba movie or a rated R Vader movie right after Order 66.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You act like you wouldnt watch a Jabba movie/show that was made by GDT. But we all know you would.
i know there is a lore with the Hutts. i just dont care and i dont think anyone else does either. the Yoda movie/TV show was way more likely to get interest and that was shitcanned too. anyone hired by Lucasfilm after 2019 and thinks their movie is still happening is delusional, or one of KK's cronies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
The Hutts are the Star Wars version of the Mafia. They controll a big portion of territory and hustle chumps for money if they want safe passage.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i know there is a lore with the Hutts. i just dont care and i dont think anyone else does either. the Yoda movie/TV show was way more likely to get interest and that was shitcanned too. anyone hired by Lucasfilm after 2019 and thinks their movie is still happening is delusional, or one of KK's cronies.

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop on Taika Waititi.

His movie can't get cancelled fast enough.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Still waiting for the other shoe to drop on Taika Waititi.

His movie can't get cancelled fast enough.
the rule of thumb is nothing is rock solid. especially something greenlit by KK. she hasnt put out a movie in 4 years and even if they started now. it would be 2025-2026 before you would see it. i doubt even the Filoni movie is a given at this point.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the rule of thumb is nothing is rock solid. especially something greenlit by KK. she hasnt put out a movie in 4 years and even if they started now. it would be 2025-2026 before you would see it. i doubt even the Filoni movie is a given at this point.

I can't see Iger authorizing a budget for a Filoni movie given everything going on with Disney right now.

• 1Solidarity

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At this point we are all regretting bashing Lucas's second trilogy (ep 1-3). That backlash is why he sold the IP.

I don't care how bad his third trilogy would have been, it still would be infinitely better than what we got.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
At this point we are all regretting bashing Lucas's second trilogy (ep 1-3). That backlash is why he sold the IP.

I don't care how bad his third trilogy would have been, it still would be infinitely better than what we got.
he got mad because nobody liked his Red Tails movie. that was the last straw. he sold the studio a few months after it flopped

• 3Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
he got mad because nobody liked his Red Tails movie. that was the last straw. he sold the studio a few months after it flopped

That and HBO rejected his pitch for a TV show, and then used the exact same storytelling method from the pitch to greenlight Rome using the exact same character outlines less than a year later.

He got stabbed in the back too many times.

Selling to Disney was payback. As a creator he knew Disney was bereft of any creative vision for Star Wars. The Disney sale was done to spite the masses.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll

Fucker

Log Wizard

Hassa yousa seens thems ins the lasta ten yearsa? Meesa has, messa hassa no regretsa hatsin Lucas abouts them.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That and HBO rejected his pitch for a TV show, and then used the exact same storytelling method from the pitch to greenlight Rome using the exact same character outlines less than a year later.

What’s the story there? Have not heard of this.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Probably jayrebb taking tidbits of facts and making up a story about it, like he often does.

Didn't sound bitter in that second quote, more like a fan sad over the cancellation.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

It took him ten years after rots to sell? Disney was always the logical choice for him to sell to, they worked together on Star Tours