Star Wars Rebels

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well from the context of what Radditsu posted, it sounds like she's dead. It's a shame, I always thought it would have been nice for her to meet Luke some time between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, and the stuff she told him being the reason Luke was convinced his father could be turned away from the Dark Side, rather than it just being blind stupid optimism.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The amount of plot from an entire season still only fit in a ketchup packet. Oh great, some named characters we recognize finally showed up, tune in next season when something of consequence might happen!

Caliane

really complaining?

A kids adventure show. Character based, because you KNOW whats going to happen. Like complaining about the plot moving forward in Titanic.
Also that finale was awesome.

All season. "what do you know about the other rebels?"
"I won't betray my friends".
What did you think you were the ONLY ones?
Welcome to the Rebellion.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah the season was very slow, almost glacial in fact. The entirety of the plot focused on a single planet whereas we were used to lots of face paced switches from front to front during the Clone Wars. I will say that they spent their time on character development and seem to have done a pretty good job of fleshing them out.

Hopefully the "OH FUCK!!" moments at the very end of the season finale are a sign that things will escalate in season 2, especially since season 2 will be airing immediately before and during the Episode VII madness and presumably Disney/Lucasfilm will be wanting to magnify their overall oomph factor.

Massive spoiler
Having Fulcrum be Ahsoka not only makes a lot of sense it was a great payoff both for the series to date, for Clone Wars, and for placing her at the forefront of the Rebel Alliance during its formative period along with Bail Organa. Plus seeing an Adult Ahsoka was just damn nice. From interviews showing up this morning it looks like she will be a significant presence in season 2

Also I want one of Sabine's Tie Fighters

Malakriss

I experienced cartoons in the 90s so I expect that if they're going to ditch the precursor show they should make a little bit of effort in the followup. The unofficial word is that Disney came down with limiting instructions and a schedule in relation to the movie (and the toys). Reveals were set for the finale so they couldn't be touched prior and weeks were intentionally skipped for their time table. 2nd season will be 20+ episodes.

On December 11, 2014, it was announced that the premiere episode of season two will debut at Celebration Anaheim in April 2015

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I find it hard to wrap my mind around nearly everything happening on one planet - lothal. I mean seriously, they can just drive off and dissappear where the empire can't find them on the same planet? What manner of fuckry is that? It doesn't even look like the ship's parking spot is covered in any way.

More on qhue's massive spoiler

I couldn't tell for sure, but it didn't look like she had a lightsaber dangling from her belt. Is it supposed to be known that she's a jedi too?. Also, for anyone who watched the clone wars, what was the last we saw of ahsoka? Never watched the series, but I think I read a book where she had been made a full jedi. Was that true? I was thinking that maybe she survived order 66 because she left the order before it happened, or something like that.

Caliane

I find it hard to wrap my mind around nearly everything happening on one planet - lothal. I mean seriously, they can just drive off and dissappear where the empire can't find them on the same planet? What manner of fuckry is that? It doesn't even look like the ship's parking spot is covered in any way.

More on qhue's massive spoiler

I couldn't tell for sure, but it didn't look like she had a lightsaber dangling from her belt. Is it supposed to be known that she's a jedi too?. Also, for anyone who watched the clone wars, what was the last we saw of ahsoka? Never watched the series, but I think I read a book where she had been made a full jedi. Was that true? I was thinking that maybe she survived order 66 because she left the order before it happened, or something like that.
HUUUUUGE spoilers if you haven't seen the series. seriously its like the cumulation of the entire show.
(theres an edit I can't find, where she flips them the bird as she leaves.)

She had 2 lightsabers. one "normal", and one "curved" for her normal backhand grip. Leaving the order does not make you forget force powers. they do not take away your sabre. or anything. even Dark Jedi are called Dark Jedi, or grey Jedi, grey Jedi, when neither are part of the Jedi order. So, she would still be called a Jedi. Having left the order is a sound reason for her to have lived, and not been hunted down and killed. but at the same time, could also just go with the excuse the small good part of Vader left, refused to hunt her down. Could be a plot point. Emperor sending assassins after her, Vader protecting her.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
HUUUUUGE spoilers if you haven't seen the series. seriously its like the cumulation of the entire show.
(theres an edit I can't find, where she flips them the bird as she leaves.)

She had 2 lightsabers. one "normal", and one "curved" for her normal backhand grip. Leaving the order does not make you forget force powers. they do not take away your sabre. or anything. even Dark Jedi are called Dark Jedi, or grey Jedi, grey Jedi, when neither are part of the Jedi order. So, she would still be called a Jedi. Having left the order is a sound reason for her to have lived, and not been hunted down and killed. but at the same time, could also just go with the excuse the small good part of Vader left, refused to hunt her down. Could be a plot point. Emperor sending assassins after her, Vader protecting her.
She's still got her lightsabers, you can see one on her left hip as shes descending the ladder before her face reveal. Also read something yesterday that they are going to have the blades be white (when they finally show them in upcoming seasons) to signify that she has no jedi/sith affiliation. kind of a cool idea if so.

Malakriss

She's still got her lightsabers, you can see one on her left hip as shes descending the ladder before her face reveal. Also read something yesterday that they are going to have the blades be white (when they finally show them in upcoming seasons) to signify that she has no jedi/sith affiliation. kind of a cool idea if so.
Concept pic for that
OfGFwx7.png

B_MEMrGUQAAhGq3.jpg

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I hate the whole "holding a lightsaber backwards". Starkiller did it too and it was bleh.

radditsu

Wouldn't it make it easier to fight with two lightsabers without them getting crossed up on each other?
Blocking laser bolts seems much harder. Forward facing with a smaller saber in the offhand maximizes defense in a magic sword fight.

But its make believe so whatever.

Caliane

Dual wielding swords in general is kindof stupid.
a parrying knife in offhand is only reasonable method. Stabbing with short blade, while long blade is locked, or deflected by oppositions long blade.

Backhand is even more silly, as there is only two ways to strike with a sword held backwards. A slash, while spinning, or turning away. or, a downward stab/coup de grace on an already defenseless target.

radditsu

Her hubby already does the voice for Kanan.

rrr_img_92289.jpg
Freddy is busy. He did a much better job with the Iron Bull than kaanan.

It sucks because that avenue will be closed in the future If they ever decide to reboot the EU or even use it.