Star Wars Rebels

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I get the feeling Thrawn now knows exactly were the base is. He seems like he would have memorized all those planets.

I was thinking the same thing. Delete 1 planet, and as soon as he figures out it was messed with, he has you. What they should have done is deleted a wrong planet.

Outside of her brief appearance in the Kanan comic and her being a major character in the Aftermath novels I don't know anything about Rae Sloan.

Wasn't rae sloane in the pre-rebels book where kanaan and hera met?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I guess maybe so. I know in the Kanan comic they (Kanan and Sloane) already knew one another.

Royal

Individual shots from that commercial linked earlier:

C5sBdw3XMAAf7w1.jpg

ezra-tatooine-1-234971.jpg

darth-maul-tatooine-1-234974.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fairly certain Thrawn knows where the rebel base is at this point. He has been shown to have his keen observation in the series and in the books he was known for having eidedic memory, so when they deleted a planet and replaced it, they more or less told him exactly where it was. Thrawn is a patient master tactician and has always (in the EU books at least) had a tendency to let small fish go to win the long game. I am a huge fan of the character and I feel the show is doing him justice.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Well, if the Battle of Scarif and the opening crawl of ANH tell us anything, Thrawn should be getting a lot more credit in a few weeks.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I do loves me some Mon Mothma. I'm very glad that the animated series and Rogue One have allowed the character to be fleshed out a bit more.-

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Woohooo! very happy about that announcement.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

It was nice seeing Mon Mothma make an appearance ...

... but on the whole I thought this was kind of a meh episode. It felt mostly like another Rogue One tie in. EU Thrawn fans will probably enjoy seeing his prototype TIE in action wrecking shit. The Gold Squadron "you guys are screwing things up for the rest of us/you can be my wingman anytime" turn is one of those things that reminds you of the allowances you have to make for this being a kids show.

• 1Like

Tual

Molten Core Raider
I was thinking the same thing. Delete 1 planet, and as soon as he figures out it was messed with, he has you. What they should have done is deleted a wrong planet.

Wasn't rae sloane in the pre-rebels book where kanaan and hera met?

Yeah, I think they met in A New Dawn

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
It was nice seeing Mon Mothma make an appearance ...

... but on the whole I thought this was kind of a meh episode. It felt mostly like another Rogue One tie in. EU Thrawn fans will probably enjoy seeing his prototype TIE in action wrecking shit. The Gold Squadron "you guys are screwing things up for the rest of us/you can be my wingman anytime" turn is one of those things that reminds you of the allowances you have to make for this being a kids show.
I agree with your spoiler.
guess I was hoping for a landing on Dantooine and walking through some doors to see everyone there instead of the ships arriving. Hopefully the final meeting for the Battle of Lothal will take place on planet.
I'll be happy with the last season getting the Rebels to Yavin, some x wings, and something to book end Kanan and Ezra.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Hah, watched a second time with the wife last night and realized they did the instant transmission hyperdrive at the end. I could care less, but thought it was funny.

Royal

Yeah the ending was very much a "don't think too hard about it we just wanna show the Rebel fleet warping in like they did in Rogue One" moment.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I assumed all the ships were waiting close by and just did a microjump in when they got the signal. That seemed more likely than any other explanation I oculd think of.

Royal

There isn't a good explanation because it was done purely for visual impact. These are supposed to be the various rebel cells scattered across the galaxy and Mothma's speech was a call to unity. If they've already massed nearby then there isn't much need such a call, especially one that outs her to the Empire. You could say that it was done more to draw and inspire others who had so far sat on the sidelines to action but why risk massing your forces and giving the Empire a chance to gut your rebellion in it's infancy?

It's another example of it being primarily a kid's show that isn't necessarily meant to stand up to heavy scrutiny in many instances. It occasionally sets that mandate aside and in those moments it typically delivers some quality storytelling for it's older audience.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Again I just thought it was funny with the discussion we had in the Ep.7 thread.

I mean look at Empire, Han and Leia are walking around with masks on while being exposed to a vacuum inside a space worm with its mouth open, and there is gravity. Not low gravity, actual gravity.
Silly to get upset about a universe with space whales. Just have fun.

• 1Like

Royal

Silly to get upset about a universe with space whales. Just have fun.

Yeah.

I've said it another way before about modern Star Wars in general; appreciate it for what it is.

Older viewers have to give the series certain allowances. That doesn't mean it's above criticism either. Good storytelling has certain things it must do to be considered good, regardless of the target demo.

I think I'm in the minority that actually liked the space whales. They reminded me of the Brood Saga in 80's X-Men comics.

• 1Like