Star Wars Resistance

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Star Wars Resistance

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2018-10-07

Creator: Dave Filoni

Cast: Oscar Isaac, Gwendoline Christie

Overview: Star Wars Resistance is an upcoming new animated adventure series about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. It will premiere this fall on Disney Channel in the U.S. and thereafter, on Disney XD and around the world.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So does this mean it's only one season? Thanks to TLJ we know everybody dies within a year.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Someone watch them and tell us how horrible they are.

Not it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
First 4 eps are out, got them but haven't watched them yet. Trying to decide which is going to be more of a kick in the nuts, this or TWD.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here's the thing that doesn't make sense, how in the hell are you suppose to make a cartoon version of the Cold War? Because that is what happened between the First Order and the New Republic/Resistence. I mean sure there's the spying element but this ain't no 007, also there's politics involved in these situations, I'm pretty sure kids don't want to watch a cartoon about politics.

My guess is that this show will probably have an identity crisis, does it want to be a racer show? Does it want to be a spy thriller or a political thriller? Compare to the Clone Wars where that had both war and politics and Rebels was about the early stages of the rebellion.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Its even more kid oriented than Rebels was at the start. It was enjoyable but there's a lot of room for growth and development.

edit : I don't see where this is going, where with Rebels I had a pretty okay idea from the first 2 or 3 episodes. I'm finding the animation style hard to get used to. But having said all that, I like the potential of this to fill in some good First Order and Resistance backstory.

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Hardcore Star Wars fans already know a good bit of the Resistance / First Order backstory, but this is clearly going to expose more people to it as well as flesh out the details.

If you have followed along carefully you already know that the Resistance are seen as extremist nut jobs who refuse to let go of the war, but this brings that plot point front in center with a hero whose father is a member of the New Republic Senate.

Certainly has more kid-friendly humor elements especially with the all-too-literal misunderstanding comedy relief, but we also get a nice view into the broader Star Wars culture post-war which was sorely needed.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So this show is a slow burn... like REALLY slow. They are starting to sort of get to a bigger plot involving the First Order but its taking ages. I keep thinking they didn't hire a story editor as each week seems to be the same basic plot of Kaz failing to fix something and having to go get a part that leads to wacky adventures.

More than anythiing I want someone to create a version of this with subtitles for BB8. He has to be constantly saying things like 'Why did Poe leave me with this moron..."

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They've been posting shorts during the winter break which are pretty decent:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So does this mean it's only one season? Thanks to TLJ we know everybody dies within a year.

What do you mean? Who from this cartoon dies in TLJ?

Overall, it's reminding me of the beginning of rebels but I like the animation style better for this show. Stupid premise, but I like that there are no jedi. It's not that I dislike jedi, I've just always enjoyed the star wars stories without jedi more. I hope they don't make kaz a force sensitive.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So part one of the season finale just aired and it's clear that this has been a slow burn all along as a setup for season 2+

It takes a lot of inspiration from DS9 in that we spend the whole season really getting to know the various odd ball characters that inhabit the station while also acting as a prequel to TFA.

However in the finale (which takes place during TFA as seen by witnessing Hux's broadcast) we find out that

the Collosus has a hyperdrive. Much like Stargate Atlantis it's not just a station, it's actually a very large ship. Seems clear that it's setting up the Collosus to be a Resistance base after the events of TLJ with the Aces making up the fighter wing.

Now the burn was perhaps a bit too slow as they could easily had gotten here without quite so many goody Kaz episodes, but the show is still aimed at younger kids and getting a new generation interested in Star Wars so I'm sure that changed the dramatic calculus a bit .

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Speaking of younger kids they continue to do stuff like this to drum up interest in the grandchildren of the original fans :

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Two year run is over. One of the main SW apologists reporting in. That show brought absolutely nothing to the table that mattered one bit. Absolutely worthless story wise and lore wise. Looking forward to the Rebels sequel coming Winter 2020 though, majorly.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Two year run is over. One of the main SW apologists reporting in. That show brought absolutely nothing to the table that mattered one bit. Absolutely worthless story wise and lore wise. Looking forward to the Rebels sequel coming Winter 2020 though, majorly.

Shit don't even have to wait that long, Clone Wars is next month

Qhue

Trump's Staff
You could tell they had to push the abort button on a lot of stuff they wanted to do. There are hints of things all over the place but they tried to summer too long and the fire just went out.

Ultimately the show is just a weird little offshoot that has no relevance to anything other than some digital models of the Aces ships appearing in Rise of Skywalker.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database