Star Wars : Rogue One

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Both are too manly.
You guys are fucked, Felicity Jones is a babe. She is just manned up in that photo.

rrr_img_136096.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So Forest Whitaker tweeted that his character's name in R1 is Saw Gerrera which was a character that appeared in a season of Clone Wars.

latest

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He was also mentioned by name in a Rebels episode and is expected to make an appearance in the next season.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Good lord, feed Whitaker some Fried Chicken, what happened!
MV5BMTQzMDI3NTg2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTgwMzg5Mg@@._V1_UY317_CR13,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
He took a piece of shrapnel to the dome, it gave him a wonky eye which led to depression which lead to over eating in every spacediner from Alderaan to Tattooine.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
The news today was not gigantic, the biggest being they are leaning toward not having an opening crawl for the standalone movies. Makes sense to me. I'd certainly like to see them break some of the rules with this movie especially.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How can they consider not having an opening crawl? That would be like bond without an opening action sequence followed by the title song over credits and graphics. Fucking video games have had crawls, its not some sacrosanct tradition to only be reserved for main story episodes.

Royal

How can they consider not having an opening crawl? That would be like bond without an opening action sequence followed by the title song over credits and graphics. Fucking video games have had crawls, its not some sacrosanct tradition to only be reserved for main story episodes.
Well it does give a small, very small, amount of creative freedom in how the movie will open. It lets them use different opening music as well which really dials in the immediate emotional tone of a movie that has a really talented composer fashioning it's score. And even though by the time they go to see it most people will know these movies aren't a part of the core films it would reinforce the sense that you're about to watch something set apart from the Skywalker Saga.

I'd be fine with them omitting it from the side films were it not for the fact that now that they no longer have the 20th Century Fox searchlight opening, just that dead silent Lucasfilm logo fade in, the beginning of the movies already feel quite different from what we've become so accustomed to over the years. Getting rid of the crawl and SW theme would be too much of a change at this point. Granted it's a small thing that you'd totally forget about 3 minutes into the movie but it's one of those things you're reminded of every time you watch it (the way it does with TFA now). It just highlights that Disney needs to come up with a unique opening for the franchise.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
You can't make troopers look this cool and not able to shoot worth a damn. I just hope they realize this.
Considering none of the characters from Rogue One appear in A New Hope, it's fair to say none of them have plot armor. So I expect the troopers will finally be able to shoot people in this one.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you're cast as a Bothan in any star wars movie, you might as well wear a red shirt around the set.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well it does give a small, very small, amount of creative freedom in how the movie will open. It lets them use different opening music as well which really dials in the immediate emotional tone of a movie that has a really talented composer fashioning it's score. And even though by the time they go to see it most people will know these movies aren't a part of the core films it would reinforce the sense that you're about to watch something set apart from the Skywalker Saga.

I'd be fine with them omitting it from the side films were it not for the fact that now that they no longer have the 20th Century Fox searchlight opening, just that dead silent Lucasfilm logo fade in, the beginning of the movies already feel quite different from what we've become so accustomed to over the years. Getting rid of the crawl and SW theme would be too much of a change at this point. Granted it's a small thing that you'd totally forget about 3 minutes into the movie but it's one of those things you're reminded of every time you watch it (the way it does with TFA now). It just highlights that Disney needs to come up with a unique opening for the franchise.
I'd be more accepting of not playing the theme over the crawl than getting rid of the crawl. I imagine most fans might rage even more about that though.

Royal

EW wrapped up their week of coverage with a few bonus pics. It's definitely got a war movie vibe going just now.

Rogue-One-03.jpg

Rogue-One-04.jpg

Rogue-One-02.jpg

Rogue-One-05.jpg

Rogue-One-01.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah they confirmed that they went for a large amount of "WWII south pacific" vibe with this.