Star Wars: The Bad Batch

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Right, not sure where this Kathleen Kennedy rumor started and caused the knee jerk dorks on the forum to review bomb it already lol

Some people are miserable fucks incapable of joy. Worst part is, they want as much company as possible at their fail festival.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The blond kid (captions have the name as Omega) is supposedly a female clone or the daughter of a clone or some such handwaving so it isn't a total trooper sausage fest.

Also may be a character that shows up in the Boba Fett series.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The blond kid (captions have the name as Omega) is supposedly a female clone or the daughter of a clone or some such handwaving so it isn't a total trooper sausage fest.

Also may be a character that shows up in the Boba Fett series.
There was a clone that left and had a family in the Clone Wars series.

spronk

FPS noob
first episode is gonna be 70 minutes, crazy

looks good though, i'm pretty much all caught up with Clone Wars and Rebels so ready for more

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
first episode is gonna be 70 minutes, crazy

looks good though, i'm pretty much all caught up with Clone Wars and Rebels so ready for more
I have a feeling the first night is going to be 2 episodes that they will bookend together like they did with Clone Wars to kick it off. I'm really hoping this is a good sized run, so far all the series on Disney+ that are Marvel and Star Wars haven't had any overlap and Loki starts 5 weeks after this one.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Kevin Kiner who is scoring the Bad Batch said on a podcast today that he has finished the scoring for 14 episodes so far. Fuck yes.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched rebels last month or so and it kind of sucked me back in star wars. Eventually I will get into clone wars. Still want my Kotor live action.

Will be watching this but want to see more rebels

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Confirmed 16 episodes. And apparently confirmed multiple seasons. Should be live in the next hour and half. Hearing very good things.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Love the Rebels tie-in to start things off. Also 75 minute first episode.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah the start was a surprise for certain, but a welcome one.

Omega should be a fun puzzle to figure out. I have several ideas already:

Clearly has some sort of empathy / ability to learn exceptionally fast just by watching something. Note at the end where the POV focused on exactly what was done to activate the hyperdrive and the times she exactly mirrors the others movements.

Is a clone of a Jedi?

Is a normal clone of Jango Fett but with an added mutation to be female? Or is maybe trans?

Is an experimental clone of Hunter (heightened senses dialed up another notch) intended to be female in the hopes of allowing the clones to reproduce.

Something else?

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
first episode dropped today, second episode will drop friday and then 1 episode a week until all 16 episodes of season 1 air, ending Aug 13th. I think D+ has already penciled in multiple seasons but not sure

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The core plot element of Tarkin being concerned that the clones aren't good enough soldiers to support the needs of the Empire made me laugh.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The core plot element of Tarkin being concerned that the clones aren't good enough soldiers to support the needs of the Empire made me laugh.
The core plot point of "the war is over now we want to cut costs" made perfect sense. As is the traditional tactic of "hey our company changed names the old contract is void"

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy

I mean you see how old Rex is in Rebels and that's only like 15? or so years after Order 66. Can't imagine their lifespans being good for more than 25-30 years after TCW ended. Plus if you consider how modern militaries are made up here on Earth, you generally want your ground forces to be in the 20-35 range. Clones age past that rather quickly.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
These are good points... The obvious counterpoint being that the clones could at least shoot and hit things.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Fantastic start to the series. The bit of retcon at the beginning with Order 66 on Kaller is actually infinitely better than it was in the comics anyways. I'm probably in the minority but I love Omega already, there is a lot going on under the surface with her, most clearly shown with her interaction with Crosshair in the brig. As huge a fan as I was of Clone Wars, I wasn't super hyped on this until this week with the final trailers but this could be a pretty incredible series with all the possibilities they have ahead of them. I rewatched the Bad Batch arc in S7 Clone Wars this week to set it up and felt like all the members were pretty bland except for Tech (and Echo who wasn't a member yet) but every single one of them is markedly better right from the get go in this episode. One of my favorite parts is seeing events we saw in ROTS, or the flip side of them, in animated form, however briefly they were. Things are feeling very interconnected more than they ever have. Very excited to see where this goes.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Lot of seasons of Clone Wars. Do they all need to be watched?