Star Wars: The Bad Batch

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Another solid episode but after 4 episodes I have no idea where they are going with this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Liked the scenes showing normal people and how the masses were cheering the parade as Hunter explains the war is ending.

I'm not a huge fan of almost every episode centering around Omega doing something pretty stupid and the bad batch having to save her. It's not obnoxious yet but hopefully we get to see some development out of her. I totally know its gonna happen since its similar to how Ahsoka, Grogu, and Ezra all developed in Filoni's other shows.

Apparently the final episode just is going through final stages now so season 1 is just about wrapped.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
We all think it's the kaminoans hunting for omega, right? No one else makes sense.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Yep, seems to me she's some sort of contingency plan for them at this point, especially now that Tarkin is shutting the whole Clone army down. Obviously more than meets the eye with her. Nala Se seemed to be operating on her own when she helped them all escape in ep1.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Kamino must have made serious bank for all those clones during the Clone Wars right? I figure something terrible has to happen to the Kaminoans to prevent them from going off and building a new supersoldier army for the Rebellion.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Kamino must have made serious bank for all those clones during the Clone Wars right? I figure something terrible has to happen to the Kaminoans to prevent them from going off and building a new supersoldier army for the Rebellion.

Mainly that the Rebellion doesn't have money? And the Empire probably would find out too?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Thinking more that Tarkin seems to be gunning to piss the Kaminoans off. Seems unwise to irk the people that made the army that conquered the galaxy.

spronk

FPS noob
the chick scientist kaminoan clearly has some extra plans going on, she deliberately hid stuff from Tarkin and "likes" the clones / Bad Batch / Omega, whereas the Prime Minister Kaminoan seems to have his own hidden plans. They mentioned in the previous episode that the Jango Fett DNA was "going bad" but they had a contigency plan, the implication being that Omega is the contingency that will enable better new clones. Fennec Shand went out of her way to keep Omega alive so the bounty is for her alive. While they don't explicitly say the only people who would really know Omega is "special" are the Kaminoans.

Obviously it never pays out since the clones are pretty much gone at some point, although I'm still hazy on when exactly the Empire stops using clones - the original movie trilogy doesn't really say, but Rebels I believe shows in its final season that most stormtroopers are just regular soldiers, NOT clones, and that takes place a good 5 years or so before A New Hope. Still a good 15 years in the future from A Bad Batch. By the time of TFA the First Order is using brain washing techniques to take children and turn them into storm troopers so clones are still out.

One interesting out would be Grand Admiral Thrawn using clones, he is probably going to be the Thanos type of villain that intersects multiple shows - Mandalorian, Ahsoka, Andor, Book of Boba Fett, etc.

Cybsled

The Kaminoans are gone by the time of the original trilogy due to a "clone rebellion" from what I recall, which the Empire used as justification to wipe them out.

What I suspect is Omega is an enhanced natural growth rate clone and she is important for that reason - maybe they found flaws in the accelerated growth system and Omega is a contingency plan for better clones. Bad Batch was maybe them experimenting with different attribute adjustment factors (prototypes), then they integrated all that into Omega (final product). But because she is a natural growth clone, those attributes take longer to manifest to their fullest potential. If you combined all of them (perception, strength, intelligence, accuracy) into a single clone, you'd basically have the ultimate super soldier. So if Omega is potentially the result of such a program, it would be the Kaminoan's top priority to reacquire her.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Obviously it never pays out since the clones are pretty much gone at some point, although I'm still hazy on when exactly the Empire stops using clones - the original movie trilogy doesn't really say, but Rebels I believe shows in its final season that most stormtroopers are just regular soldiers, NOT clones, and that takes place a good 5 years or so before A New Hope.
They are already showing this. Crosshairs squad was all conscripts or non clones.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They always show Omega looking at / paying close attention to specific movements of the different clones which is why I'm thinking she's not a force-user but rather someone who has a near eidetic physical memory and thus has preternatural ability to pick up new abilities as a result. Sort of a blue-mage from Final Fantasy. Having a clone that could learn anything super duper fast would be very handy.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They always show Omega looking at / paying close attention to specific movements of the different clones which is why I'm thinking she's not a force-user but rather someone who has a near eidetic physical memory and thus has preternatural ability to pick up new abilities as a result. Sort of a blue-mage from Final Fantasy. Having a clone that could learn anything super duper fast would be very handy.
Probably some adaptive training perk or Taskmaster type fighting abilities.

Cybsled

I mean, at least if Omega turned out to be a Mary Sue, it was because she was literally created to be one by scientists.

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Plot required chumping is silly. They're not chumps yet got taken out in the blink of an eye.

spronk

FPS noob
eh, the big animal throwing them all off makes sense. I really liked the episode, its fan servicey with Muchi but I don't mind, it was cool. "The rancor is Muchi!" had me cracking up.

It was really great seeing them instructions to Omega and her being really capable.

There is heavy, heavy, heavy foreshadowing to Wrecker going bad via control chip, hopefully its done well.

Fadaar

That guy
Current theory seems to be them seeking out Rex to take help care of the chip for Wrecker. Maybe Tech and Hunter as well. Either way we'll see ole Rex at some point.