Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

and you can see Leia at the end

Neki

Molten Core Raider
X-Wings and Tie Fighters...... hgggggggggggnnnnnnnn

what-are-the-lonely-island-s-funniest-lyrics-1979713539-jun-11-2013-1-600x450.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently no one believes in the force any more.
Yeah definitely the whole vibe of the force/jedi/sith being looked on as myth. Hence "The Force Awakens" obviously force users coming back into galactic prominence is a plot point.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They showed it already. It's up on YouTube already. A link is posted in the NFL thread.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Movietickets.com finally let me through. I bought tickets (non-assigned unfortunately) for the 7pm showing on Thursday night at a Regal "IMAX" which isn't a real one, but close enough. It is going to be crowded as fuck and we'll all have to sit as singles I'm sure, but hopefully I don't get wedged between two smelly fatties for 3 hours of movie, previews, and waiting time. Now to watch the fucking trailer finally.

EDIT: Nm, looks like the fucking page timed out on the payment confirmation. So I'm unsure if it actually charged me or got me tickets or what. Was happening just as the trailer showed I think, so the site probably got doubly hammered. Fuck this shit.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nothing runs those chills through my body quite like Star Wars. Holy fuck that was great.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Nice to see Abrams hasn't lost his flare.. hah.

On a positive note, I think Finn is going to be an extremely likable character, and I have a feeling hes going to die to bring out something in Rey.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing runs those chills through my body quite like Star Wars. Holy fuck that was great.
Yeah, I'm a simpleton, I keep getting the chills every time they show Finn raising his saber against Kylo's at the end.

What was Rey climbing around in at the beginning, that wrecked Star Destroyer I assume?

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure why the thought never occurred to me until now but seeing the new poster with the "New Death Star" in the background, if its a hollowed out ice planet, could this then be a shot of the surface of the new death star?

star-wars-the-force-awakens-first-order-teaser-asset-lucasfilm.jpg

Up until now I had just assumed this was just some far away First Order outpost.
I think you are right on that, look at the trenches in this pic.

rrr_img_113298.jpg

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Theaters in our area started selling tickets at 12 noon today. I got into an 8 PM showing on Thursday. It was not the first showing but I will wait 30 minutes to have perfect seats for this movie.

The new preview looked awesome. I will state the positives I felt from that trailer.

1. The older actors appear to do a good job of staying in character from what little they showed in the preview. The new actors look to be able to actually act.
2. The effects look amazing.
3. The story appears to be going with a "The force was lost through time" angle which is similar to Part 4 in how the force was introduced. I like this idea as it continues to pull on the heart strings of the original movie.
4 Just seeing the interaction between Leia and Han Solo really brought back the memories of the first three movies.

I know I might regret this but I honestly think this is the movie everyone wanted to see back when the last three came out. The more previews I see of the two new actors, the more I think that indeed they can carry on the tradition that made the first three so memorable. Hopefully I will not be disappointed. I feel pretty safe in saying it will not be as bad as the last start was.

Column_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I'm a simpleton, I keep getting the chills every time they show Finn raising his saber against Kylo's at the end.

What was Rey climbing around in at the beginning, that wrecked Star Destroyer I assume?
Pretty sure that is a wrecked ATAT from the concept art

rrr_img_113300.jpg