Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It makes perfect theatrical sense (because this is a trilogy) to only have Luke in the ending. It also makes it way more epic. I want to see Jedi Master Luke Skywalker kick some ass as well, but it'll be better if we have to wait a little bit. Same deal with Han dying (plus Harrison always wanted it) and it forces the focus onto the younger stars for the upcoming movies, which is what they want to do. I feel positive we won't get much Han and Leia in the 2nd and third films and it'll mostly be the youngins and Luke. The original cast is just being used as a springboard to get us invested in the new stars.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
For those of you who loved the epic score on the trailer, this would just have to do until the official soundtrack is released

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Managed to snag two sets of tickets for the 17th. I can either go to a 10:30pm showing in 3d at a lesser theatre with seats kinda too close and off the the side, or wait it out for the 2:00am Imax 3d theatre without assigned seating and roll the dice on sitting between chubby nerds in stormtrooper garb. These are the tough decisions in life.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Managed to snag two sets of tickets for the 17th. I can either go to a 10:30pm showing in 3d at a lesser theatre with seats kinda too close and off the the side, or wait it out for the 2:00am Imax 3d theatre without assigned seating and roll the dice on sitting between chubby nerds in stormtrooper garb. These are the tough decisions in life.
First world problems indeed

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Most of the theaters I checked had plenty of 3D tickets, but were mostly sold out on 2D. I personally hate 3D so was glad I got to snag 2D. 3D is a dumb fucking gimmick and I hope it dies a miserable death.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I have assigned tickets for Imax 3d on the 17th at 7pm and also the 20th in the afternoon. Life is good.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Was able to get assigned seating tickets for a normal 2d showing at 8:30 on the 17th. Took 2 hours of trying on Archlight Cinema's website. When I finally got through with payment it appeared to crash again but got the confirmation email. Didn't even attempt IMAX, will wait a few weeks when it dies down.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Most of the theaters I checked had plenty of 3D tickets, but were mostly sold out on 2D. I personally hate 3D so was glad I got to snag 2D. 3D is a dumb fucking gimmick and I hope it dies a miserable death.
3D won't die at this point, sorry bro. Theaters need that extra couple bucks up-charge to stay afloat these days. 6 years ago when Avatar came out I secretly hoped the 3D version would flop, it didn't. 3D will only become more prevalent.

Fadaar

That guy
Welp got my 8 PM showing for Thursday the 17th. Wanted to wait until the 21st when I fly out to visit my parents for Christmas, but there's no way I can avoid spoilers that entire weekend without completely removing myself from the internet which is not going to happen.

Edit: Wrong date

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Saw a news article where people with tickets to the 17th opening shows are trying to resell them for as high as $10,000 a ticket. I've got 8 tickets thanks to a friend who works at the theater giving me some intel on when they would become available on the website. Seems crazy that anyone would fork out that much money for a ticket but if someone was willing to pay that much it sure would go a long ways to paying for my kids college tuition.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Had the same decision - got 2 tix for 7pm IMAX here with unassigned seats. Debating whether to show up at 6:00 or even earlier so I can at least sit next to the two normal sized Asians in the theater

Jait

Molten Core Raider
One thing I haven't seen mentioned or maybe just not mentioned enough...

Harrison Ford looks and acts happy. Not acting like the director has photos of him banging an 8 year old in his pocket. I think we all missed the guy. Last Indy movie wasn't the way I wanted to see him go out.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
uh huh, sounds retarded.
It's not a limited resoure. If you wait a few days or a week it's the same movie for a lot less.

I could see people spending lots of money for odd stuff because it's one of a kind or you can only get so many of them.

I'm not a big star wars fan/nerd but I enjoy reading all the stuff people think will happen or should happen.

Column_sl

shitlord
Movie houses will open up additional screens anyway...

In all honesty, I wish I didn't have to see it opening night with all the fucking disruptive ass nerds.

Even tho I have a VIP lounge, I still have to listen to every asshole scream when a new character comes on the screen, or those dumb ass lightsaber everywhere. Fucking mongrels.

Respect the theater experience you casuals,

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Will be in interesting when this is going to get a high rez rip on torrents. Demand is going to be huge.

Column_sl

shitlord
Will be in interesting when this is going to get a high rez rip on torrents. Demand is going to be huge.
Probly not for awhile. They get high rez off of Chiwanese VODS which happen pretty quickly for them, but I doubt they will allow this movie to be released that quickly.

Best you are looking at is a cam for a couple monthes imo.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Episode 1 was out on CD, yes CD the day it released in theaters in LA. Saw people selling them, and went on my Warez FTP and watched it that very night. Decent cam copy too even by today standards.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Huge sci-fi films like this and Gravity, I like to watch in a cinema to get the full experience. Even if a Blu-ray rip comes out at the same time as the theatrical release, I would probably only download it after I've seen it on the big screen.