Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

iannis

Musty Nester
So if I'm reading you right what you're saying is that Star Wars will haverealmidgets ridingrealpigs?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
So, has Chewie not aged at all? I haven't actually tried to look for any differences, but it certainly seems at a quick glance that Chewbacca is exactly the same as he always was.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought he looked younger in the prequels. Haven't seen enough of him in ep 7 to decide if he looks older. But like Famm said, it would be subtle because wookies live forever.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
They did make him younger in Revenge of the Sith. Essentially he was a bit bulkier with more muscle.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
But did you fap to it?
Only Padme gets my love.

rrr_img_117530.jpg
rrr_img_117531.jpg
rrr_img_117532.jpg
rrr_img_117533.jpg

Btw, I learned something new today. Palp's first name is Sheev. Interesting.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I fapped to everything in star wars that was female or suspected female. That includes chewie. Absent any solid evidence, the constant bitching led me to believe it was a girl.

I fapped to all the ewoks too. I figure they were some sort of amazonian society who kept the mens locked away.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have there been any scenes in space in any of the trailers? Specifically spaceship battles in space?
Sure does look like the ship to ship stuff is all in atmosphere on that forest/watery world and the snow world. Not the first time I've seen this brought up, I'm ok with it though. Looks kinda cool seeing a big tie/xwing battle right over water and land instead of in the void.

The only space stuff seems like the bridge big of imperial ship, Finn's tie escaping and the Falcon jumping to hyperspace. Could be some other action tied into all that I guess.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Not the first time I've seen this brought up, I'm ok with it though.
Same.

We've not had much in atmosphere dog fighting at least as far as the originals and I don't recall that much from the prequels. There was Hoth but that was fighters against ground troops. It'll be a nice change if it ends up being the case. I won't be disappointed in either event on that front.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We've not had much in atmosphere dog fighting at least as far as the originals and I don't recall that much from the prequels.
The prequels' vehicular combat scenes were overdone CGI festivals of crap anyway. This looks like the ship combat stuff is going to be much more enjoyable already, even if the story or acting ends up sucking ass.

koljec_sl

shitlord
Sure does look like the ship to ship stuff is all in atmosphere on that forest/watery world and the snow world. Not the first time I've seen this brought up, I'm ok with it though. Looks kinda cool seeing a big tie/xwing battle right over water and land instead of in the void.

The only space stuff seems like the bridge big of imperial ship, Finn's tie escaping and the Falcon jumping to hyperspace. Could be some other action tied into all that I guess.
Those scenes give me a really strong WWI dogfighting vibe, which is cool.

Jive Turkey

Karen

I'm not put off by it. I just found it curious for a Star Wars movie. I wonder if they're holding back on something awesome. I'm also curious if Abrams will be doing the 3-sequence final act style that Lucas et al would use since Empire.

Anyway, the atmosphere dogfights do look awesome. I mentioned it before, but there's a real sense of mass to the ships in the way they're animated. In particular the Falcon as it maneuvers. It's subtle, but it makes a huge difference to realism

Jive Turkey

Karen
Those scenes give me a really strong WWI dogfighting vibe, which is cool.
I remember Lucas saying he would mimic a lot of WW2 dogfight footage when blocking out the space fights in A New Hope (Vader twisting knobs to dial in his missile lock was taken right from a WW2 era bomber). The shakiness of the camera was also intentional, but against a black backdrop, it just looked like a mistake. Glad they ended up cleaning that up

Jive Turkey

Karen
The prequels' vehicular combat scenes were overdone CGI festivals of crap anyway. This looks like the ship combat stuff is going to be much more enjoyable already, even if the story or acting ends up sucking ass.
I actually thought the opening scene from Sith was amazingly well done (I think it was Sith... the space fight over Coruscant). It got dumb with all the little droids landing on the wings and stuff, but looking down onto the planet with all the different layers of destroyers and fighters gave a great sense of scale. I even got a bit of vertigo in the theatre

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mentioned it before, but there's a real sense of mass to the ships in the way they're animated. In particular the Falcon as it maneuvers. It's subtle, but it makes a huge difference to realism
Yeah its a massive (lol!) difference. The prequels ships looked like some cartoon shit flipping all over the place with no apparent physics or tangible presence. Interesting that Lucas drew inspiration from WWII dogfights, doesn't really surprise me.

I actually thought the opening scene from Sith was amazingly well done (I think it was Sith... the space fight over Coruscant). It got dumb with all the little droids landing on the wings and stuff, but looking down onto the planet with all the different layers of destroyers and fighters gave a great sense of scale. I even got a bit of vertigo in the theatre
I always thought that shit was terrible. I thought the droid command ship fight in Phantom Menace was better done than the Sith opening sequence, even with terrible child acting and hack script. Not that it was particularly good either, but just seemed a little better paced without as much density of overkill CGI swarms of crap on screen.