Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Realize the truth: that in order to get the helmet they likely slaughtered the village full of Ewoks. Cut through them like younglings.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Immediately reminded of a dude from 4chan who stole a skull from Paris underground, and posted with his dick innit. Suddenly, Ren took becoming Sith too literally.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The impressive part of that story was he managed to get on a plane and clear customs with a skull in his luggage.

Siliconemelons

Work vendor is having an event at an imax dome, they feed us breakfast, try and sell us crap then show us the new starwars on the imax dome.

wife cant come, who will be my +1 :p

Siliconemelons

Does Kylo Ren and his fap helmet count as 1 or 2?
Dunno... but that scene really relates 2 me, so I may have a blackout and go to my safe place during that scene... who knows what may happen.

But seriously, spoiler that pic, the media considers it a "major spoiler" because you know, the person seeking vader relics is the one that...has...a...vader relic? WELL ITS A BIG DEAL!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
With all the merchandise for the new movie (including but not limited to freaking make-up from Revlon) I am saddened to see a lack of that badass trench coat that General Hux is wearing. It looks like a nice update on the Gestapo-style black leather trench from WW2 and pretty darn spiffy.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
With all the merchandise for the new movie (including but not limited to freaking make-up from Revlon) I am saddened to see a lack of that badass trench coat that General Hux is wearing. It looks like a nice update on the Gestapo-style black leather trench from WW2 and pretty darn spiffy.
I was in Rite Aid yesterday and saw a whole giant Star Wars make-up display. It was a very strong WTF moment, I couldn't believe it; a definite merchandising shark jump. I mean, I get it, extending the appeal to women/girls, etc, but at the end of the day the Star Wars fanbase has a bedrock of middle aged nerdy dudes.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The first time I saw them do the shameless Makeup merchandising plug was with one of the Hunger Games. They literally played an intro commercial before the movie with a tag line akin to, "DO YOU! want to glam out like the citizens of Hunger Games!" Who would want to look like that seriously. Rupaul doesn't even go that overboard for fucks sake. The only way they could have positioned make up sales in relation to Star Wars that would have made it even remotely interesting, is if they were selling make up kits and prosthetics so you could create your own alien species or dress up as a Togruta or some shit. If they did that imagine all the ultra fat nerdboys at the next Con with lekku, one Omega nerd could be Jabba for realsy.

spronk

FPS noob
I was in Rite Aid yesterday and saw a whole giant Star Wars make-up display. It was a very strong WTF moment, I couldn't believe it; a definite merchandising shark jump. I mean, I get it, extending the appeal to women/girls, etc, but at the end of the day the Star Wars fanbase has a bedrock of middle aged nerdy dudes.
yeah seriously the amount of star wars merchandise everywhere is just insane. Every aisle of the grocery store now seems to be just full of star wars shit

but as a middle age nerdy dude i just couldn't help take advantage of some of the sales right now on thinkgeek, this robe just looks too warm not to wear
Exclusive Star Wars Jedi Robe Sleeved Blanket | ThinkGeek

normal.jpg

I just wish it could come sooner, I'm going to rewatch the Despecialized trilogy this weekend

Caliane

Starwars has not been a nerdy or exclusive thing in 30 years.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of you guys obviously aren't old asses like me who saw the originals as a kid in theaters back in the 80's. The merchandising blitz with SW has been strong from the beginning.

Sulrn

Deuces
Yeah..., no. My mom had more Star Wars merch than my dad ever did. Old but relevant:

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of you guys obviously aren't old asses like me who saw the originals as a kid in theaters back in the 80's. The merchandising blitz with SW has been strong from the beginning.
My neighbor and I between the two of us had a huge SW collection. Like 5 AT-AT walkers iirc, and when it snowed we would recreate the entire Hoth battle. Then fistfight over which action figures were whose when we would inevitably mix them up.

Our moms got smart and put different colors nail polish on the bottoms of their feet so we wouldnt beat each others ass anymore. Those were the days...days when kids went outside and shit, good times. Dad decapitated Greedo with the lawnmower and I found him like 10 years later doing yardwork.

Fucker had the GI Joe Aircraft carrier too, my parents wouldnt buy it for me since it was like the size of a dining table

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucker had the GI Joe Aircraft carrier too, my parents wouldnt buy it for me since it was like the size of a dining table
That thing was fucking ridiculous. One of those items you lusted over in the Sears catalog around Christmas time.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah that thing was like 6 feet long or whatever. Insane. Always wished they had made a big Deathstar or Star Destroyer thing like that but instead the Deathstar thing was this kind of crappy thing with a single laser and a foam pit for the trash compactor.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, with cardboard front on it as I recall. The DS was one of the earliest SW playsets though. GI Joe toys raised the bar overall. As great as all the SW toys were they didn't really hold a candle to Joe or Transformers stuff. Even Masters of the Universe, Castle Greyskull blew the Death Star away.