Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

moontayle

Golden Squire
If the main knock is that it's too much like IV then that's like a 1 out of 10 on my concern scale. Bring us back to familiar ground, expand from there.

Now, if VIII is too much like V then we've got a problem.

khorum

Murder Apologist
LOL that's been going around too... people now saying it took a few Iron Mans and Thors before Disney got it right with the first Avengers.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
Kylo should have wrecked them both with ease, so fucking stupid(Girl Jedi power out of nowhere). Just picture Luke wrecking Vader at the end of ANH because fuck it, he has the force
Again, it's pretty clear to me that Rey is a former student of Luke's. For whatever reason her memories were blocked, which I'm sure will be explained in the next movies. It only seemed out of nowhere if you weren't paying attention.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Is that implied at all in the film or just your feeling tho?
That would make more sense, but I saw nothing to back that up.

There's some negative evidence as well - Rey dreams about being dumped on Jakku as what looked like an 8 year old. If there were any training it wouldn't be particularly relevant 10+ years later.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

There's some negative evidence as well - Rey dreams about being dumped on Jakku as what looked like an 8 year old. If there were any training it wouldn't be particularly relevant 10+ years later.
I talked about this in one of my posts. But yeah. I still have confidence it'll be explained. Luke could have even been partially controlling her.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord

Easily explained by having fabricated memories put in place to fill in any gaps. With all of the mind-reading stuff going on, it certainly doesn't seem far-fetched to me. If it truly turns out that she simply "downloaded" the Force Matrix-style, then yeah, that will be really stupid.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Just got back. While vastly superior to the prequels, it still falls into the realm of mediocrity. Without giving anything away, I think what kept this movie from being great was the pacing. It just seemed that the movie was hurried from one action scene location to another. Had they just slowed the movie down a little bit and developed the characters and the plot a little more, it could've been so much better. Give it a 6/10.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Neither of those are terribly promising lol. At least midi-chlorians had some internal consistency even if it shit on the mythology.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Have fun tonight my American peeps. Hopefully you don't sit next to a mouthbreather with major b.o. like I did. Oh, and he laughed obnoxiously loud nonstop at the drop of a hat. An explosion? HAHAHAHAHA! I almost elbowed his stupid face.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just got back. While vastly superior to the prequels, it still falls into the realm of mediocrity. Without giving anything away, I think what kept this movie from being great was the pacing. It just seemed that the movie was hurried from one action scene location to another. Had they just slowed the movie down a little bit and developed the characters and the plot a little more, it could've been so much better. Give it a 6/10.
This is exactly what I expected from the movie. A 2 hour modern tent pole action/sci-fi flick with multi chapter comic book story arc shoehorned incredulously into a 2 hour time span. I kind of made a point about this in an old post on here and was hoping for a slower pace. Will still watch it for the practical effects. Hoping they are at least do good there. Will be refreshing to not see a bunch of obvious CGI mare a film.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Going to a 10pm showing solo. Considered buying 3 seats just so I can avoid sitting next to someone like Morrow described. I already watched possibly the biggest spoiler scene of the movie via Reddit Spoilers just so I could come to this thread and not have it ruined by some asshat. Watching a shitty phone recorded version of a spoiler is way better than reading one IMO.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Going to a 10pm showing solo. Considered buying 3 seats just so I can avoid sitting next to someone like Morrow described. I already watched possibly the biggest spoiler scene of the movie via Reddit Spoilers just so I could come to this thread and not have it ruined by some asshat. Watching a shitty phone recorded version of a spoiler is way better than reading one IMO.
giphy.gif

Why the fuck would you spoil it for yourself when you are going tonight? Like stay away from the Board for 1 day.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well....

It was pretty good. I know many say it's poetry, so they rhyme thing but i think it's well done.
First thing....i thought cgi snoke is pretty dull. I know i know it was an hologram but still.....captain phasma was a waste. I really hope she does something in the second movie.
Great air battles, you really could feel the intensity.
Finally a villain that i truly appreciate and didn't die in the first movie. I think he should have only removed his mask when he faced han, before didn't make any sense. But fuck me....the guy is so overpowered. And i told here that kylo ren would worship a false god, he really thinks vader was this evil dude but doesn't he know, vader redeemed himself at end (of course only Luke knows this)
I just think the pacing must be slower, so that people can breathe and learn about the characters.

Really appreciate rey's character. Yeah the "starting to believe" stuff was kinda forced (badum tsss) but hey...she had to show somehow.

And of course Han would die.we all know Harrison Ford wanted this since ESB.

Till now.....8/10.it can get higher or lower, with time.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
giphy.gif

Why the fuck would you spoil it for yourself when you are going tonight? Like stay away from the Board for 1 day.
I watched the spoiler yesterday because I did not plan on going tonight. Life is really busy and I planned on waiting until after Christmas, the wife insisted I go tonight.