Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
When you get the message to "Now wear your Imax 3D glasses", and they were going through the movie trailers, all my old 3D gripes & fears were making me nervous Id hate it. Luckily though it was actually really fucking solid. Definitely better than past films. I will probably go see it again, this time in 70mm sometime this week.

Some small gripes, but all-in-all, the movie was just a lot of fun to watch. Super excited about the next few.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Much Much better than the prequels. I rate the originals a little bit differently from a lot of people.

4-9.0
5-9.5
6-8.0

The Ewoks really did mess up RotJ for me. I would give this movie an 8.0. It could have been better but, I think it did a great job of both recognizing its roots while setting up the new world. The new actors were so much better than the prequels. I did not leave the theater disappointed and will most likely go back at least one more time to watch it.
This x100. The only possible way 6 is better than 5 (and even 4) is if you are 30 years old or younger. Fuck the ewoks - the jar-jar binks' of the original trilogy. Still a great movie, mind.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Solid 8.5

My favorite part in the movie was Kylo punching his blaster wound. That was fucking great.

Troll_sl

shitlord
I would put this one just a bit behind Ep 4 and a bit ahead of Ep 6. The prequels are all behind Ep 6. (Ep 5 is obviously on top.)

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hoping to see this sun or tuesday i work all weekend.

My Star wars exposure was odd as I never watched originals until after the prequels as i was born in 1984.

I remember being kind of pumped about ep 1 because my buddies sisters boyfriend was huge star wars fanboy. At the time me n my buddy werent that disappointed because Darth Maul was pretty awesome but i do vividly remember how disappointed my buddys sisters bf was. We all still watched the next 2 with lower expectations but from what Ive heard so far most fans wont be nearly as disappointed.

I liked ep 4 quite a bit. I liked empire better as is the consensus but I thought 4 was better than 6.

The ewok complaints are tired I know but I dont see how that was less sufferable than Jar Jar. Maybe the low tech masked some of the queerness of it all, along with Endor being a pretty cool setting but I thought that hurt the installment quite a bit. If Lucas resolved that final setpiece in a more robust, less ridiculous way RotJ could have been better than them all. I think ep 9 has the chance to do that if handled correctly.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
My only complaint about the movie was all the goddamn Comic Book movie trailers beforehand. Good lord. Spiderman vs Batman, Xmen, Deadpool, Captain America. I like good comic book movies as much as the next person, but combined with all the TV series it's just getting to be a bit much. People are going to get burned out on these things.

Also, fuck my movie theater for offering a "2 large drinks + popcorn" combo for $19.99, yet all 3 items separately are only $19.97 (5.99 drink x 2, 7.99 popcorn)

Fuckers

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They never said Coruscant in the movie as far as I can remember, and considering they avoided any other planet we know from canon good chance it was some random planet. Also if you figure the First Order still had the resources to build that fucking thing, let alone that the Rebel Alliance is still referred to as "The Resistance"...I have a hard time believing that the Empire/First Order had been pushed off Coruscant. Of course that's all just guesswork, but as far as I know the planet wasn't named. They may have named the system when everyone saw the weapon fire.
Yeah the named the system and I tried to make a mental note of it, but with everything else going on it slipped out. According to Wookiepedia though Coruscant is in the subregion Coruscant of the Coruscant sector. So we probably would have realized if it was?

Oh Reddit has a thread, Hosnian System.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My only complaint about the movie was all the goddamn Comic Book movie trailers beforehand. Good lord. Spiderman vs Batman, Xmen, Deadpool, Captain America. I like good comic book movies as much as the next person, but combined with all the TV series it's just getting to be a bit much. People are going to get burned out on these things.

Also, fuck my movie theater for offering a "2 large drinks + popcorn" combo for $19.99, yet all 3 items separately are only $19.97 (5.99 drink x 2, 7.99 popcorn)

Fuckers
Haha comic book shit will thankfully run its course don't worry. Civil War looked good at least.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let's give people tonight to see the movie then you can stop using spoiler tags. Movie is out, either avoid this thread or see it already.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
that part confused me. was it just another attempted to display the angst ?
He was using the pain to "hulk" and give him something to focus on. You can tell the wound was causing him great pain (It fucking blew up storm troopers, and he took a direct hit in the abdomen) and was causing him to lose focus when Fin was starting to gain ground on him).

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Saw this while getting my cats balls cut off.
This movie seems like it was filmed under the worlds largest microscope. They wanted to play it safe and said fuck it reshoot ANH;
rebels being chased by empire looking for info
opens onto a desert world
leaves desert world on the falcon
get pulled in by a tractor beam
escape tractor beam and meetup with the rebels
roundtable discussion on how to destroy death planet 3.0
fly through canyon to destroy death planet 3.0

Little disappointed it mimiced ANH so much.

Kylo removing his helmet was a little bit of a let down. Understandable that hes a barely trained and never tested person so he shouldnt have that im a badass aura, but they really should of waited until at least the second movie.

Han dying and no one really giving a damn seemed off. Chewie should of went berserk and started destroying everyone and everything the second it happened.

Rey seems like a students of Luke's that was brainwashed and sent away after Kylo snapped lest she follow in his foot steps?
Also retards need to stop clapping at movie screens.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Movie was AWESOME. Shame this thread spoiled
Han Solo
at some point last month. Also
Jar Jar Binks is dead.

Han dying and no one really giving a damn seemed off. Chewie should of went berserk and started destroying everyone and everything the second it happened.
What the fuck? Everyone screamed and the chewbacca stuff actually happened in the film right after he died.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
He was using the pain to "hulk" and give him something to focus on. You can tell the wound was causing him great pain (It fucking blew up storm troopers, and he took a direct hit in the abdomen) and was causing him to lose focus when Fin was starting to gain ground on him).
there is no explanation that can justify the black kid being able to mount an offense on Kylo. it's just fucking retarded on every level. the Disney Princess bullshit with Rey was just as bad. they've complete cut the balls off of their villain.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Noticed on Reddit a bunch of people complaining about
Rey doing so well in her first fight against a Sith, and how stupid it was. My take on it is that Kylo is still a sith apprentice, and a wannabe Vader. He CAN become powerful, but he is nowhere near his potential yet. Killing that person important to him could theoretically be the last straw that pushes whatever light was twinkling inside him away...but he is still a padawan turned apprentice, hence Ghoul_Emperor_002 calling for him to finish his training. Also, they deliberately leave Rey's past vague as fuck in this movie. I think she was already trained in the jedi arts when she was a child. It causes her pain, because that is the reason her parents left her on Jakka. (Also the reason for the vision, she acted like she has experienced something like that before when she states to Maz that she wants nothing to do with it) She could be the other child of the Solo family, OR she could be Luke's own daughter. He feels like a failure when Kylo Ren turned to the dark side, so instead of taking Rey with him in search of the first jedi temple, he leaves her on a desert planet...like he was left on Tattooine. Just my theorycrafting.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Movie was AWESOME. Shame this thread spoiled
Han Solo
at some point last month. Also
Jar Jar Binks is dead
whatever you read last month was in spoiler tags you fucking pussy. stop crying like a bitch you have only yourself to blame.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
there is no explanation that can justify the black kid being able to mount an offense on Kylo. it's just fucking retarded on every level. the Disney Princess bullshit with Rey was just as bad. they've complete cut the balls off of their villain.
You're looking at it like this is a one-and-done movie dude. Read what I just posted.