Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Hypothetical on Episode 8/9 based on prior movies.. 8 will feature ground based action with walkers, troops, and another stalemate lightsaber fight while 9 will have the big space battle swapping back and forth to Jedi vs Sith going all-in.
Based on this movie, VIII will have ultra mega Death Star, and IX will have super mega ultra Death Star. People will rave that they're every bit as good as the originals, for another three or four years, then realize that they're not that good at all and never admit to anyone how much they originally loved them.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Based on this movie, VIII will have ultra mega Death Star, and IX will have super mega ultra Death Star. People will rave that they're every bit as good as the originals, for another three or four years, then realize that they're not that good at all and never admit to anyone how much they originally loved them.
And you will continue to hate everything.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Outside of some pacing issues+copypasta, my biggest complaint about the movie was Finn. I kinda wonder if you could cut Finn out of the movie entirely and insert Poe into his roll. How different would the movie have been if Poe hadn't been caught at the beginning of the movie, and instead of Finn getting him off the ship, Poe escapes into the desert and eventually runs into Rey on his own? Seems as simple as torturing Max Von Sydow's character for the information instead of Poe.

Throughout the movie, everything about Finn didn't make a lot of sense to me. Why was someone who had been a Stormtrooper all his life start cracking wise the second he talked to someone who wasn't an Imperial? Essentially none of his entire life of being a Storm Trooper shines through in any of his actions the entire movie. I also thought there were some clear over acting moments. He had known Rey for about 45 minutes and he's suddenly REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYing at the ship as Ren flies away with her? C'mon.

My 2c

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
They never said Coruscant in the movie as far as I can remember, and considering they avoided any other planet we know from canon good chance it was some random planet. Also if you figure the First Order still had the resources to build that fucking thing, let alone that the Rebel Alliance is still referred to as "The Resistance"...I have a hard time believing that the Empire/First Order had been pushed off Coruscant. Of course that's all just guesswork, but as far as I know the planet wasn't named. They may have named the system when everyone saw the weapon fire.
Apparently, according to new canon. As soon as they topple the Emperor's statue at the end of ROTJ, riot police/stormtroopers storm the area and disperse the crowds and reinstate order. So it's probably still under Imperial control.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Saw it, loved it. Best one since Empire. I put it probably on par or above ANH, not really sure, will have to watch again.

I am fucking HYPE about that ending.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Coming from an avid EU reader, I give it a 7/10.

Overall I though the movie was great, besides the end light saber battle. It's absolutely stupid that you can give someone a light saber with minutes worth of training on it and put him toe to toe against someone who has years of training on it and come out as the victor. DUMB DUMB DUMB, simple as that. Forget the fact that the girl is probably going to be some Jedi bad ass Skywalker daughter, even dumb ass Fin held his own for a few minutes. Then on top of all that, you just made the villain look like a total bitch. You can't take him seriously anymore, and they essentially killed him as anything meaningful. He's like Anakin 2.0, whining bitch who can't handle himself and throws temper tantrums, and now he even looks like a bitch.

I also felt like there was a bit forced comedy that we could do without.

Then finally, the trailers made this movie so predictable.

Perhaps Snoke is an ancient sith lord, he reminds me a lot of Naga Sadow. He was a master of illusion, projecting himself in different places, much like this guy does, and he also used a weapon that sucked the energy from star and used it as a weapon.

Hopefully some good novels will fill in a lot of information until VIII is released.
You're a god damn retard.
1. we have no fucking clue how much training he has.
2. the repressed memories and force sensitivity to the lightsaber plus allusions to prior training, does not say she just picked up a lightsaber.
3. he took a god damn bowcaster blast to the side that blew normal troopers 15 feet backwards.

get rekt homo

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
You're a god damn retard.
2. the repressed memories and force sensitivity to the lightsaber plus allusions to prior training, does not say she just picked up a lightsaber.
3. he took a god damn bowcaster blast to the side that blew normal troopers 15 feet backwards.

get rekt homo
maidens.png

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
ou're a god damn retard.

get rekt homo
also, avid EU reader? lol darksaber must be your favorite book

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Coruscant isn't the capital anymore, its Chandrila I believe. And the senate moves every 2 years to a new seat on a new planet. At any rate, the senate apparently got toasted.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The movie was good. I would place it higher than RotJ simply because I think the Ewoks ruined that movie.
Really seemed they like made Kylo weaker just to make Rey seem stronger. Kylo was able to stop an energy beam in midair..yet while injured he decides to have a couple swordfights...just force hold and stab, end of story. =/

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Coruscant isn't the capital anymore, its Chandrila I believe. And the senate moves every 2 years to a new seat on a new planet. At any rate, the senate apparently got toasted.
That's one way to ensure no boring politics scenes happen.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
like, the black kid got his ass beat by a storm trooper the first time he tried to use the lightsaber. then he holds his own against Kylo Ren. fucking stupid on so many levels. the more i think about it, this is just a Disney princess movie disguised as Star Wars.

Fadaar

That guy
They mention the Republic numerous times, I just want to know how large it is and more importantly why the fuck they aren't doing ANYTHING about the First Order. I'm guessing with how things played out in this movie they'll get off their ass in episode 8.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Kylo Ren Power Shitz:

He feeds off peoples fear and anger. That's why he's awesome when his troopers take down a village and a village is about to be burned to the fucking ground and everyone is fearing for his life. That's why he eventually could break Poe. That is why he couldn't own them in the lightsaber battle. They weren't scared. Finn and Rey both had "Bring it, fggt" face on and Ren was already hurt and couldn't focus. If he could have he would've zoomed that fucking lightsaber into his hands in 0.5 seconds. He harnesses the dark side to empower himself, Rey uses it to defend herself. That is why he fails. Classic sword vs shield shit.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
maxresdefault.jpg

Well, that sucked. No white male protagonist and the smart ass icon from the OT dies. What a jib.