Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just pre-ordered these. Kinda sucks that Rey and Finn are like 6 months away from release though, Kylo Ren should be first quarter so hopefully sooner than later.
smile.png

rrr_img_121945.jpg

rrr_img_121946.jpg

rrr_img_121947.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Boyega/Finn must have a thick neck. He looks like he's starting to overinflate himself like Thunder from Big Trouble In Little China.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Does it matter? He can just make a new one like he did after he lost the blue one. Is there some EU shit that means that he needs the right fucking rare crystal or something and he did that in a novel?
Yes, in the EU there were special crystals you needed, but they weren't exactly rare. If you knew where to get one, then there'd be tons of them there.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Kyber crystals are canon, not really EU shit. But yeah they are fairly rare and only grow on certain planets.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So the last celebration scene, right before Rey takes off to go find Luke, I could have sworn I saw in the background Donald Sutherland high fiving someone who looked a whole hell of a lot like a blonde Maisie Williams (Arya from GoT) but might have been Carrie Fisher's daughter. I can't find any confirmation on it; if someone is going for a re-view, keep an eye out. Sutherland or someone who looked a whole hell of a lot like him stood out in the background because of his height and big beard.

edit: and wow -- NBC News

The thirst for good Star Wars is real.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It looks like the 1B mark for domestic is within the realm of possibility. That's just crazy.

It looks like worldwide should hit 2B easily when China opens.

It starting to look like 4B to buy Lucasfilm is going be a bargain...Star Wars, Indiana Jones, ILM, etc...

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It looks like the 1B mark for domestic is within the realm of possibility. That's just crazy.

It looks like worldwide should hit 2B easily when China opens.

It starting to look like 4B to buy Lucasfilm is going be a bargain...Star Wars, Indiana Jones, ILM, etc...
Shit, they are going to make most of their money back with this one movie alone. I wonder what the merchandising profit numbers look like.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shit, they are going to make most of their money back with this one movie alone. I wonder what the merchandising profit numbers look like.
Estimated 6 billion in 2016 sales alone.

The Star Wars franchise as a whole is estimated to be worth north of 40 billion $. Lucas sold it for 4.04 billion but he was also given the right to buy a ton of Disney stock, where he now holds the second most stocks in that company, only behind the Steve Jobs estate.

So his sell might have seemed dumb, but he is actually invested in Disney, so the better Star Wars does the better his shares.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Wish we saw more of the vehicles the First Order was using on Starkiller Base. I kinda get not wanting to show these as I'm sure they would generate more 'rehash' talk. I think there was a scene when they first get off the Falcon where you can see them walking in the distance

first_order_s_walker_by_jesse220-d95uh0j.png

Not sure I like the design of these as much as the original, but the wider gait seems to make them impervious to speeder cables, which is kinda cool

Siliconemelons

Estimated 6 billion in 2016 sales alone.

The Star Wars franchise as a whole is estimated to be worth north of 40 billion $. Lucas sold it for 4.04 billion but he was also given the right to buy a ton of Disney stock, where he now holds the second most stocks in that company, only behind the Steve Jobs estate.

So his sell might have seemed dumb, but he is actually invested in Disney, so the better Star Wars does the better his shares.
I am sure he is glad to be 2nd highest owner of "White Slavers"

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I could have sworn I saw in the background Donald Sutherland high fiving someone who looked a whole hell of a lot like a blonde Maisie Williams (Arya from GoT) but might have been Carrie Fisher's daughter. [/url]
Here's a pic of Billie Lourd in the movie; she might indeed be the one you saw in a later scene.
star-wars-billie-lourd-la-fille-de-carrie-fisher-va-apparaitre-dans-le-reveil-de-la-force.jpg

You're not the only one who think they saw Sutherland there, although he's not mentioned anywhere on the mainstream movie sites so it might be a lookalike.