Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It would have been better on some levels but problematic on others, given what they were trying to show in that fight scene. Finn kills one trooper that he took completely by surprise with the lightsaber. The one with the riot baton fucking owned him and he only lived because of a timely shot by Han. You can't really show Finn's lack of ability with the lightsaber the way they did in that fight then create a moment where you think that he might actually be killed only to have both he and Phasma live.
Phasma should have been the one fighting Finn with the riot baton, at least that would be something she would do.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Probably not. The only reason she looked so badass is because her shiny armor was originally supposed to be Ren's. They later decided to go with a different costume but it just looked so good they decided to create her character to be able to put it to use. That's also why she was so underdeveloped as a character. They also didn't know they would eventually cast someone with such a high profile in the role.
I had no idea. I'm glad they changed the costume for Ren though.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That armor just screams marketing to me, IDK. I guess that's even more true if it was originally going to be for the iconic villain.

Jive Turkey

Karen
I really hope they make her into a much cooler character in the next instalment. I'm actually excited that Rian Johnson is writing and directing. I think we'll get a grittier film in the same way Empire Strikes Back feels compared the A New Hope

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They definitely gave her a reason to go after Finn in the next one.
smile.png

Caliane

She comes back in the second. Captures Finn, and then gets eaten by a Krayt dragon 2 seconds later, when she trips on a rock.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
She was very prominent for a non speaking role and has Alderaan style hair. Would be interesting if she is another Leia/Han child and is Kylo Ren's brother, maybe having a role in later films. They just didn't introduce her properly here because it's irrelevant to the story.
People keep doing this. Referring to female characters as possible brothers to kylo ren (so far I've seen it with this girl and rey). Is that a mistake, or am I missing some inside joke about all the girls in SW really being transgendered dudes?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bobba Fett did shit all too, so Phasma gets a pass for the next movie.
Other than tracking and capturing Solo for Jabba? He did way less in Jedi but that wasn't his introduction or arguably where he gained his popularity.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
So which group will be coming after Chewie for the missing shipments? He shares the debt with Solo.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finn and Chewie will be going on a hair raising adventure through an asteroid field involving the First Order as well as the bounty hunters looking to collect due to Chewies smuggling debts. Meanwhile Rey is training with Luke on water island planet. The Falcon gets captured and Rey leaves to go help against Luke's wishes. Converted bounty hunter Phasma places Chewie in a stasis chamber of some sort while Kylo uses Finn as bait to draw out Rey. Rey shows up and gets ambushed by Kylo resulting in an epic saber fight. Finn and Rey eventually escape but Chewie has been taken already, setting up an Episode 9 rescue.

Jive Turkey

Karen
They kind of made it seem like Chewie and R2 stuck around while Rey poked around the island. That doesn't mean they can't split up afterward, but it seemed like they made a point of showing it. Or maybe it's that the idea of them dropping Rey off on an uncharted planet and saying "see ya!" would've been dumb

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
R2 probably stayed. He was with Luke previously when Ren dismissed class permanently.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
They kind of made it seem like Chewie and R2 stuck around while Rey poked around the island. That doesn't mean they can't split up afterward, but it seemed like they made a point of showing it. Or maybe it's that the idea of them dropping Rey off on an uncharted planet and saying "see ya!" would've been dumb
Not sure why. With stairs like that where they dropped off Rey, I figured r2 would have had some major anxiety or ptsd triggered if he had to try to climb any.