Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I hope that is not true. Ren being an emo pussy who gets his ass kicked by Rey and Finn, only makes sense if he goes full darkside and becomes a real threat. if Ren fails at kid, fails at jedi, fails at dark jedi, fails at Sith lord.. ffs. Character is just full on shit. whats the best we could get from him? "the only thing I didnt fail at, is saving you as a kid. rey"
I'm not saying it's what I personnally want the character to be, I'm just saying it's what I expect may happen. Star Wars has been very cyclical so far, and considering this is basically ANH 2.0 (as much as I enjoyed it), I would not be surprised to see Kylo Ren evolve in that direction, especially since they basically spent this whole movie showing how much he is torn between light and dark. Granted, the death of Han at the end seals the deal (complete with symbolic darkening of the sky as the sun blinks out), but I really doubt ALL his doubts have suddenly vanished and that the next movie will have a purely 100% evil Kylo Ren. He's ALWAYS going to be conflicted, because that's what Star Wars is about.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I really don't think Kylo should, or will, get a redemption story. He should succumb to the dark side completely and become even more angry and insufferable, and because he's such a whiny cunt he eventually gets killed off by Rey.

Very similar to the Joffrey storyline in GoT imo. He was a whiny bitch but that crazy attitude made him one of the worst villains on the show and everyone hated him. Kylo should go down that road imo. Killing Han deserves no redemption!

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Granted, the death of Han at the end seals the deal (complete with symbolic darkening of the sky as the sun blinks out)
I don't think killing Han was as effective at pushing out the light as he had hoped it would be and I think he realized that not long after the deed was done. On the other hand I could see getting bested by someone like Rey, which would have never happened if he had been even half as capable as his grandfather, becoming a source of seething hatred that propels him far further towards the dark. She not only knows his fear but she gives physical form to it and she left him with a permanent reminder.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
We're shown time and time again that he is not -yet- taken very seriously by his peers, especially General Hux who tells him how it is right in his face. No one did that to Vader and lived to tell the tale.
Pretty sure tarkin stood up to vader. He flat out ordered him to stop choking an officer.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I don't think killing Han was as effective at pushing out the light as he had hoped it would be and I think he realized that not long after the deed was done. On the other hand I could see getting bested by someone like Rey, which would have never happened if he had been even half as capable as his grandfather, becoming a source of seething hatred that propels him far further towards the dark. She not only knows his fear but she gives physical form to it and she left him with a permanent reminder.
That's what I got from it too. Right after he stabbed through his father, the look on his face looked like he was thinking "Why don't I feel better? I should be feeling better! I wanted to do this for so long!" but I think it didn't work out the way he thought, and it probably made him more vulnerable in the following duel (literally and figuratively, since killing Han also earned him a nice bowcaster bolt in the chest).

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Pretty sure tarkin stood up to vader. He flat out ordered him to stop choking an officer.
Correct, but Vader was Tarkin's underling at the time, not his equal. He became the Emperor's right-hand only in the sequels. General Hux is the military equivalent to Kylo Ren, Snoke uses both for what they bring him, and probably also plays them against one another. For giggles.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Commander Jir was a little lippy with him at the very beginning as well. He even looks like Hux a little.

daine-jir.jpg

Caliane

I really don't think Kylo should, or will, get a redemption story. He should succumb to the dark side completely and become even more angry and insufferable, and because he's such a whiny cunt he eventually gets killed off by Rey.

Very similar to the Joffrey storyline in GoT imo. He was a whiny bitch but that crazy attitude made him one of the worst villains on the show and everyone hated him. Kylo should go down that road imo. Killing Han deserves no redemption!
yeah. I bet Ren kills Snoke. And declares himself Emperor.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Kylo Ren was awesome in the film BECAUSE he is an unstable flawed character, him not living up the Vader is the whole point and is even said by Rey in the film. I'm excited to see what happens with him next.

Did some of you really want another Darth Maul or Count Dooku who can do the light sabre fights and would have destroyed Rey, but are utterly boring otherwise?

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree, great character. The main vibe I got was that he is not all that strong with the force, or at least not when he is not in total control. At the start, when he's leading an army killing civilians (from safely behind the front lines if I recall correctly) he can stop blaster bolts. During the saber battles at the end, he keeps punching himself in the wound in his side, presumably trying to make the pain worse and trying to draw off the dark side of the force, but he has very little force power at that point.

Not sure who Rey is going to turn out to be. I'm sure they cast someone that resembles Natalie Portman on purpose though.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lol again the "poor me, no one understands my pain. But people still love me (somehow???)."

Caliane

That article is some seriously hipster ass shit.
yeah. made me want to hit someone.
no one is going back to George. And "George is a world builder on par with Tolkein" holy fuck.
"GSenpai is a genius, who ripped of Kurasowa, Buck Rogers, etc, etc, but J.J Abrams is a follower who can't and will never make an original movie like George-sama."