Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
I assumed that was his cybernetic hand that was chopped off. Also by conjecture of the "leaked" spoilers, why not retreat to your childhood home world at sometime if your control of the force is going batshit crazy? Maybe he went back and had night time fireside chats with Obi Wan's ghost about the force?

Edit: Or that ^

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I assumed that was his cybernetic hand that was chopped off. Also by conjecture of the "leaked" spoilers, why not retreat to your childhood home world at sometime if your control of the force is going batshit crazy? Maybe he went back and had night time fireside chats with Obi Wan's ghost about the force?

Edit: Or that ^
While it is possible Luke returned to Tatooine after ROTJ, he no longer had his old LS; it was lost when his hand was chopped off. He only has his green one, which, according to the leak, he still has.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Ahhhh! Wrong hand then. Well it must have been the mitochlowhatever that prevented decomposition or fuck it. Star Wars!

moontayle

Golden Squire
There's nothing to say that Luke's blue saber wasn't found in the trash heap of Cloud City and that Sydow's character picked it up during his travels.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It would actually make more sense, if you can call it that, for Vader's hand to have been recovered floating in space. The one Luke cut off on the second Death Star.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There's nothing to say that Luke's blue saber wasn't found in the trash heap of Cloud City and that Sydow's character picked it up during his travels.
I hope that is the case. Luke's hand floating in space with a lightsaber is just too much for me to let go. I don't want the hand mentioned at fucking all, just make up something plausible on how he found the lightsaber.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm just working on the assumption that everything involving anyone's severed hand being directly relevant to the plot of the movie whose teaser trailer we just saw is complete bullshit. The Force is awakening because we found some dudes hand? NOPE! Not gonna believe it at all. The 4chan spoiler though sounds almost too good to be true. Hell if that ends up being the plot I might just keel over.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, call me skeptically optimistic about the leak. There seems to be enough call backs to the other movies without being run by them. It has its own plot that's connected, but not mandated, if that makes sense.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Max Von Sydow is the emperor.

hjVHT65.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When they say "dark and gritty" I assume that means in relation to the prequels. This shit is still going to be PG probably so don't expect The Dark Knight, much less anything truly disturbing.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Is this 4chan the same guy that leaked the J Law pics?!

Jk

Looks cool. Hey man, ever watch Star Wars? Cool movie. Hey ...you ever watch Star Wars, on weed! !!!

This will be awesommmme

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
When they say "dark and gritty" I assume that means in relation to the prequels. This shit is still going to be PG probably so don't expect The Dark Knight, much less anything truly disturbing.
My money is on pg13

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still, I just think there's some geeks who hear "dark and gritty" and get wildly unrealistic expectations for what will still be a Star Wars movie, not the force meets Event Horizon.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Still, I just think there's some geeks who hear "dark and gritty" and get wildly unrealistic expectations for what will still be a Star Wars movie, not the force meets Event Horizon.
I'd be cool with the movie being dark and gritty as empire strikes back, ect. I don't want to think main characters are invincible. Hell, they really should kill off some han solo and princess in this episode.

Mark hammil is awesome tho. Keep him around, or done. GO FULL OUT GAME OF THRONES FUCK YEAAAAAA.

I wonder if Georgie RR would write a script if they let him. I bet he would

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm calling it now, Luke dies in episode eight. Sort of like how Yoda was an elder jedi teacher in his first appearance then dies in his second movie.

Leia IDK, I'm more worried about her than the rest. I think Ford and Hamill can pull off aged versions of their characters well enough, I'm not sure how they use Leia in this thing at all and I don't have much faith in Fisher. I'm really hoping that they are all more tangents than a big part of the main plot, sounds so far like the are integral but not the primary protagonists.

I'm least worried about Luke, I think Hamill will make a great older jedi master. I just hope they use all three of them as transitional and let the focus move to a new story. Really seems like that's the case which is smart, trying to use the old cast as main characters would have sucked.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Leia has taken over the Hutt cartels and rules Nar Shaada with an iron fist and zero Jedi capability whatsoever.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It also makes sense to kill them off because its risky to assume the actors will live for all three movies. Ford especially but who knows about Fisher's health too. Hamill is still reasonably young, and Fisher even younger so they seem the safer bets to keep around for a second film. If one of the actors died between movies they would probably resort to some really awkward writing to deal with it the next time around.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm calling it now, Luke dies in episode eight. Sort of like how Yoda was an elder jedi teacher in his first appearance then dies in his second movie.

Leia IDK, I'm more worried about her than the rest. I think Ford and Hamill can pull off aged versions of their characters well enough, I'm not sure how they use Leia in this thing at all and I don't have much faith in Fisher. I'm really hoping that they are all more tangents than a big part of the main plot, sounds so far like the are integral but not the primary protagonists.

I'm least worried about Luke, I think Hamill will make a great older jedi master. I just hope they use all three of them as transitional and let the focus move to a new story. Really seems like that's the case which is smart, trying to use the old cast as main characters would have sucked.
Leia at least makes sense as being the leader of the Republic. Well, about as much sense as Star Wars politics has had in the movies.