Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The whole thing with Sydow's character ... I dunno. I'm not a hardcore fan, as Star Wars fandom goes. From the prequels, Sith related, not force sensitive, something of grey character ... beats me.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
General Grievous is the best I can come up with and that doesn't make much sense on any level.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I mean there are PLENTY of characters that it could be based on those criteria. But then you add the part where hardcore fans would be excited and it goes out the window. Could be kitster... But who cares about him? Could be some random imperial, but who cares?

Now, if they are talking about clone wars characters it changes things... Though he'd apparently have to recognize Luke's saber... So... Dunno. Lando? Biggs? Wedge?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hmm... who could it be...

TarkinBattleOfYavin.png

j00t

I thought that, but if he survived he'd be with the empire

Royal

Could it be one of the Sith characters that were only mentioned in the prequels who perhaps had a clone of themselves made to test the abilities of the cloners (whatever they were called)?

j00t

Are you talking about sifo dyas? He's dead. Very dead.

Royal

Are you talking about sifo dyas? He's dead. Very dead.
Yeah I was wondering if Sydow might be a clone. A clone can't be force sensitive can they (I think I remember that having been mentioned someplace)? A clone wouldn't necessarily have the same world view as the original.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Why do they mention Sydow's character as being Sith related from the prequels and not Sith related from the originals?

j00t

It originally was, I think someone mispronounced his name in production and Lucas changed him to be his own character. Sifo dyas was experimented on by sidious and plageous in the EU; brought to the brink then nursed back health repeatedly. Plageous wanted to gain eternal life from him, but it didn't work. He put him on ice for like 10 years but then palpatine killed him. I think I have that right... Might have plageous and palpatine reversed, but either way he was a real character and died long before a new hope

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Maybe Mace Windu? He just lost an arm and was sucked out a window right? I say this half jokingly just to join in the speculation...

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
van Sydow is an old white dude. I know he'll probably look fucked up judging from the concept art, but come on, lets narrow our focus. They aren't going to CGI blackface him.

Siliconemelons

collecting sith relics sounds a lot like the emp when he was younger... according to the wiki I just spend half the day reading because of siho dias or whatever the hell that random throw away fit him somehow into the story guy is... basically he was like "bad stuff is ganna happen" jedi was like "nah" he was like "okay ima go with thids dude who gave me monies to set up clones" *before they decided to clone jango..apparently...again EU timelines suck... he was dookoos bud and the "test kill" to become a darth, but dookoo kept his body frozen and used his blood to help create gen grevious.

Caliane

It originally was, I think someone mispronounced his name in production and Lucas changed him to be his own character. Sifo dyas was experimented on by sidious and plageous in the EU; brought to the brink then nursed back health repeatedly. Plageous wanted to gain eternal life from him, but it didn't work. He put him on ice for like 10 years but then palpatine killed him. I think I have that right... Might have plageous and palpatine reversed, but either way he was a real character and died long before a new hope
oh ffs. I never even made the sifo dias=Sidiuous homophone.. I heard it as "cypher dias." ugh, that is stupid.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thought it was Cypher Diaz, fucking George Lucas and his retard names.

Royal

I didn't remember the name at all. I just remembered at the time that I never saw a person in the movie associated with it, so I just assumed it was Dooku or Palps using an alias.