Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Actually Sarkeesian's "thesis" would say Rey is a male character in a female's body and it's wrong. Guess her feels invalidate even her own fake science when convenient!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Gangs of New York was pretty good. Admittedly Daniel Day Lewis saved the movie but I really don't think I could categorize it something awful. I can understand some of the problems with Gangs of New York but DDL should have definitely won best actor in my opinion

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Even Sarkie likes TFA!
Did you actually watch the review? I don't think you did, except for the first minute where she said she enjoyed it while she was watching it. She then calls the storyline regressive and conservative, and says the relationships, characters and a host of other elements had huge holes that were just expected to be filled in. That the whole movie was held together by the thinnest of wires and it fell apart once someone turns their brain back on.

Literally the thing she liked, and she flat out says this, was that the heroes were a white woman and black man and that said heroes reflect the audience better (I'm guessing the bad guy being a white male made her gush.)...She actually didn't like the movie, at all; butenjoyed it while she waswatching itbecause the main characters were so diverse and Rey was so "winning" (Her words.)

Tan gonna tan, just like Sark gonna Sark--how good the movie is doesn't matter, Sark likes or dislikes based on superficial skin tones and gender of the characters, and how those things appeal to her ideology. She is every bit as bad as the people who didn't like it because the hero was a black guy and a woman. I hope you realize that, Tan. (I won't reply to you again in this thread though, make a post in the GG thread if you want a couple posts more than this.)

Cybsled

The Academy Awards have always been a joke, anyways. See: Forest Gump winning over Pulp Fiction or Shakespeare in Love over Saving Private Ryan ;o

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
There was that fucking silent film that won best picture a few years back, the one that we've all forgotten about.

A silent film??

It's like:

2016 Detroit car show: Here is the new model release from the Ford motor company . . . A model T

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I apologize for sullying this thread with "sjw gamergate shit".
I just thought it was cool that the appeal of the new Star Wars extended to people whose beliefs are polar opposites on a lot of stuff. I'm sorry, Draegan, and whoever else I offended.

More on topic, my parents recently reminded me that when I was an infant, I would listen to a read-along cassette version of Episode IV all the time and had the whole thing memorized. It kind of blows my mind that I now, just having thought of it, have easy access to the actual original recording (God bless the internet)!

Although I'll admit I don't have much memory of that, I do totally remember this read-along recording aboutcolors and shapes.As infantilized as the story is, I'm kind of impressed at what they got right. The story actually captures Han's annoyance at Threepio's obnoxious eagerness pretty well. It's a better story than any of the prequels, at least. I just think it's completely insane that I can find both the audio and the page scans for a book/cassette I was totally into over 30 years ago as a fucking child. That shit is crazy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
TFA was not high art, nor was it meant to be. it was made to re-establish the franchise after the travesty of the prequels. it succeeded in that regard, if it got any oscar nominations then its something to gush about when it comes out on video. yeah, han solo was cool to see again. could have done without the SJW shit, but thats the atmosphere of the day.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
There was no SJW shit in the movie, God damn dude, every time a woman or a black person are on screen it isn't SJW shit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its all about the context, i didnt bother to count all the black people or women in the movie. how many were there? how many had important roles?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Are you trying to say that it's only SJW shit if black people or women have important roles? Can you think of examples of the SJW shit from the movie, like when Kylo Ren checked his privilege or Lando had that cameo in the BLM protest which felt really out of place on Starkiller Base but whatever, SJW shit lolololol

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
actually i asked you a question. how many black and how many females in the film and out of those dozens or hundreds had roles important to the plot?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So it was SJW shit in the originals when there was only 1 woman and 1 black guy in the entire galaxy and they had roles important to the plot?

I sometimes forget that you're the biggest fucking retard on the forum.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So it was SJW shit in the originals when there was only 1 woman and 1 black guy in the entire galaxy and they had roles important to the plot?

I sometimes forget that you're the biggest fucking retard on the forum.
yeah, how many blacks in a new hope? i mean besides the voice of james earl jones who was uncredited originally. Lucas got a ton of shit for no blacks the original so he had to add more black people. it wasnt something he planned. so yes SJW influenced the original trilogy.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Dude, you're being a retard. According to your standard here any movie featuring any main characters other than white males is SJW shit. You have zero perspective.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dude, you're being a retard. According to your standard here any movie featuring any main characters other than white males is SJW shit. You have zero perspective.
still waiting on an answer dude. or better yet if you are too mortified at the answer. tell me how many white actors in the movie and how many played an important part in TFA?

khalid

Unelected Mod
tell me how many white actors in the movie and how many played an important part in TFA?
Han Solo and the main villain were white. So arguably the main character and the main bad guy. You are pulling exactly SJW bullshit right now, hating the movie because the characters don't match your skintone.

Just shut the fuck up for once after you are shown to be an idiot.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Han Solo and the main villain were white. So arguably the main character and the main bad guy. You are pulling exactly SJW bullshit right now, hating the movie because the characters don't match your skintone.

Just shut the fuck up for once after you are shown to be an idiot.
SJW will go and count how many of x is in a movie, whether it be women or trannies or weasels or whatever the fuck and if that minority is under represented, they then lobby for more of that while crying about the injustice of it all.

lets say for the sake of argument that there was only one black actor and 3 female actresses in TFA(i know there were hundreds, but lets pretend). lets also say that all of them played an important role in the film. thats 100% positive. lets also say there was 20 white guys in the whole movie and only 4 of them played a major role in the film. get it yet?

khalid

Unelected Mod
SJW will go and count how many of x is in a movie, whether it be women or trannies or weasels or whatever the fuck and if that minority is under represented, they then lobby for more of that while crying about the injustice of it all.
Yes, SJW sometimes do that and we mock it.

YOU ARE DOING IT FOR THIS MOVIE, which is why you are being a retard. Stop being a SJW about this fucking movie and judge it while ignoring the race and sex of the people in it when it doesn't fucking matter.