Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Great, now i have to decide which of the ep8 threads to use.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
bleh just noticed that too. I'm sure they'll get merged or nuked or whatever.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
867_1000.gif

Caliane

they were real lightsabers... huh. googled, and found a bunch of articles talking about it. none gave a close up. A few suggested, were Force FX lightsabers.
A bit shocked the blade could take a hit like that. Consumer ones that good?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Consumer force fx can't but ultra sabers and other companies make ones that are combat ready and can handle a beating so I'm sure they could also make some for this that can take that hit.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Hampton's Handcrafted Lightsaber are pretty amazing. He uses an handmade LED string in his combat blades that look amazing. There is a new method out there that another guy makes that is so bright they look real, at least on camera. Ultrasabers and what not would be your more common affordable ones though. So crazy what fans have come up with.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
they were real lightsabers... huh. googled, and found a bunch of articles talking about it. none gave a close up. A few suggested, were Force FX lightsabers.
A bit shocked the blade could take a hit like that. Consumer ones that good?
look on youtube there are a ton of vids of combat ready/capable lightsabers and people doing tests. I would assume they had custom ones made for the movie.

spronk

FPS noob
blu ray box art, this could possibly be a walmart exclusive slip cover though.
coming out april 5th, will probably see torrents late march

CcewaILXEAAY8ok.jpg

Djay

Trakanon Raider
blu ray box art, this could possibly be a walmart exclusive slip cover though.
coming out april 5th, will probably see torrents late march

CcewaILXEAAY8ok.jpg
Surprises me that it's being released so soon. The movie is still being shown in theatres here.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Digital version announced today as April 1st with Blu and DVD coming out on April 5th and a 3D BluRay coming out later this year.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Apparently Target has an exclusive version with 20 minutes more of extras, not sure what they are. The Best Buy version is steelbook with Kylo Ren on the cover instead of BB-8.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
Never? How many movies have an extended edition these days? Certainly a very small percentage.

JJ has insisted that there won't be an extended edition, anyway. They are already including the deleted scenes in this release, they just won't be edited into the movie. Of course over time there will be endless extra special releases with even more deleted scenes, including raw footage of Leia's evening of rebound sex with Lando after the Solo divorce, but no new cuts of the film.

Royal

This won't come as a surprise to many here but ...

No-sith.jpg

Pablo Hidalgo is Lucasfilm's Overlord of Canon.

Royal

I'm guessing maybe these will be box art variants:

Banner-e1457102019194.jpeg

Bonus contents from legit source (Disney Australia):

- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey (69:14)

- The Story Awakens: The Table Read (4:01)

- Crafting Creatures (9:34)

- Building BB-8 (6:03)

- Blueprint Of A Battle: The Snow Fight (7:02)

- ILM: The Visual Magic Of The Force (7:54)

- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony (6:51)

- Deleted Scenes:
1. Finn And The Villager (0:31)
2. Jakku Message (0:47)
3. X-Wings Prepare For Lightspeed (0:22)
4. Kylo Searches The Falcon (0:50)
5. Snow Speeder Chase (0:48)
6. Finn Will Be Fine (0:23)

- Force For Change (3:22)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Never? How many movies have an extended edition these days? Certainly a very small percentage.

JJ has insisted that there won't be an extended edition, anyway. They are already including the deleted scenes in this release, they just won't be edited into the movie. Of course over time there will be endless extra special releases with even more deleted scenes, including raw footage of Leia's evening of rebound sex with Lando after the Solo divorce, but no new cuts of the film.
I really don't buy many because interwebs and those that do always have special/extended cuts.

Column_sl

shitlord
I don't even bother buying anything on Blue Ray anymore since 4k is pretty much here. We're almost at the threshold were we max out Film resolution so 4k is going to be around for awhile.

Blue Rays are going to be dead like DVD's in 5 years.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Ford and Fisher are photoshopped all to hell in those. His chin is all fiction. So are her cheeks.

They still look cool as hell though, Royal. But they both look 'too good'.