Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I originally thought the apprentice thing too but I dismissed it because this would have taken place so early in Maul's training that I doubt he'd even started to think about killing Sidious yet. And I never insisted that it was a moment of compassion, rather that the pause was set up to give the moment gravitas. Not that he was hesitant to kill her, but that killing her was of particular significance to his apprenticeship.
Like the Babe calling his shot or Arnold saying hasta la vista. Do I have your attention? Good. Now watch this...

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, the 2d blu ray comes out in two weeks. Anyone have a link for the 3d/2d blu ray combo, where it can be found for purchase?

spronk

FPS noob
yeah gonna watch the 1080p rip tonight, quality seems good although no extras yet. lyrical you can buy the combo anywhere - best buy, target, amazon, walmart, etc. unfortunately each one has a unique slip cover and the bluray is the theatrical release, there is at least 12 minutes of cut scenes and i dunno if all of them are on the bluray (I assume so but none of the rips include it yet)

bluray extras are

Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey
The Story Awakens: The Table Read
Building BB-8
Crafting Creatures
Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight
The Visual Magic Of The Force
John Williams: The Seventh Symphony
Deleted Scenes
Force For Change

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit this movie is so awful the second time. I originally thought it was disappointing but I still enjoyed it well enough despite my nitpicks. This time I just can't take it. I won't bother bringing back up all the stuff that has already been beaten to death and then some in the thread, but good grief. The movie really is nothing but special effects and callbacks to the originals.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I agree. Everything was so safe and unoriginal. The only "risk" was killing Solo, which was likely only precipitated by Ford's lack of interest in the films or his huge paycheck. And even then, it didn't even feel like it had any weight.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit this movie is so awful the second time. I originally thought it was disappointing but I still enjoyed it well enough despite my nitpicks. This time I just can't take it. I won't bother bringing back up all the stuff that has already been beaten to death and then some in the thread, but good grief. The movie really is nothing but special effects and callbacks to the originals.
I saw it more than once in theaters, and thought the same, but didn't think it was awful. Just not excellent.

spronk

FPS noob
i watched the blu ray rip last night and really enjoyed it (saw movie twice in theaters). Sure it has its flaws and Phasma and a few other characters were tacked on but I guess I'm so used to big blockbuster movies being giant piles of flaming shit that it was a nice surprise that someone brought together a bunch of people and spent a ton of money and actually made something I liked.

the blu ray is theatrical release so no extra bits, the deleted scenes aren't out anywhere yet AFAIK. It was nice having subtitles though, especially in the vision sequence so you could see who was saying what. I'm looking forward to what they are going to do in the next episode and Rogue Squadron which is the exact opposite of what I felt after the Phantom Menace

Inque

FunEmployed
All they're doing with the extra bits is adding them in sub menu's, they're not going to be added back into the movie.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The last scene with Luke is just so strange, female walks up to dirty hobo guy on an island and they have a stare down.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The last scene with Luke is just so strange, female walks up to dirty hobo guy on an island and they have a stare down.
While we spin around them in a helicopter.

Going to watch the rip this weekend probably. Seeing it twice in the theater I still enjoyed it. Sure it isn't a cinematic masterpiece, but I liked it, and I probably wouldn't mind if it were playing in the background here and there. I'd even stop to watch a bunch of parts. The number of movies I'll do that with isn't small, but isn't all that large either, so while I would have loved for it to be the best movie ever, I'll take it simply being good, which puts it ahead of the vast majority of movies.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah it was good for sure, i like it better than the prequels but i admittedly liked Episode 3 even if only for its musical score and the final fight when that terrible actor got burnt. I dont even care that it wasnt real i was just happy seeing Hayden burn!

Im curious where they will take Finn in the next installment. I am more curious about him than i am Luke at this point because i hope they do something interesting with him. We already know she(Rey) will be a Jedi and Emo guy(Kylo) will be even more emo, but im curious on Snoke and Finn.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
They'll take him to various overly-hot places, where he's often out of breath? Again?

I dunno. I kinda hope they leave him in a coma.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Im curious where they will take Finn in the next installment.
Based on the plot of The Force Awakens, my guess is in the next movie he'll be helping the resistance out on a tundra world, the first order will find and attack them, and he'll end up fleeing to a mining facility orbiting a gas giant to meet an old friend for help.

Fadaar

That guy
Based on the plot of The Force Awakens, my guess is in the next movie he'll be helping the resistance out on a tundra world, the first order will find and attack them, and he'll end up fleeing to a mining facility orbiting a gas giant to meet an old friend for help.
Here's the twist -- his friend is a white guy!

spronk

FPS noob
Cando Lalrissian, you old pirate! What are you doing on this old solid rock underground mining station?

jTaQe3J.jpg