Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Nah Lithose. Nah.
L3IlgvC.gif

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
To go with the new cross hilt saber, I think they should just introduce laser shields too. Big fucking tower shields. Then we can have proper blocking. And then laser suits of armor and just go full medieval knight with it. Then they can introduce a mysterious sect of Jedi that use curved sabers with only one edge on the blade and the light is folded over 1000 times so its super strong.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Well their force jumps pretty much are a limited form of that so we know its at least somewhat possible. Its probably more psychological than practical limitation. Do you believe you can fly if so then you likely can use the force to do so. If you don't 100% believe it chances are it won't work or you wind up with force jumps and force leaps of limited mobility but not sustained duration flight.
Isn't this how we saved Tinkerbell?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
The Jedi style of fighting is an amalgamation of all the great swordfighting styles. Melding them together is the difficult part--to move from a Kendo style to, say, Rapier requires a complete change in body and feet movement, and this must look effortless. The style moves seamlessly between the different disciplines, but remains technically correct throughout.
#rapierculture

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
To go with the new cross hilt saber, I think they should just introduce laser shields too. Big fucking tower shields. Then we can have proper blocking. And then laser suits of armor and just go full medieval knight with it. Then they can introduce a mysterious sect of Jedi that use curved sabers with only one edge on the blade and the light is folded over 1000 times so its super strong.
With a dragon on the blade!

YTMND - Dragon Painted RIGHT ON THE BLADE.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
so I checked the behind the scenes shit from the filming of the prequels and originally Dooku was supposed to be a women Sith and she had a curved lightsaber in her artwork. The light saber was supposed to be based off a raiper design.

I don't know what side of this really dumb argument that helps but that's what it says.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
If he had ended up even half as cool as Ventress was, the prequels would be much more enjoyable.
It most likely was supposed to be ventress; they had art and all worked up for her. But they trashed it the moment Lucas got Lee; because Lee was an idol of his forever (From the old Hammer films). He even tried to get him for the original trilogy. Lee was originally supposed to play Grand Moff Tarkin, but he couldn't commit and so it went to Cushing.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Lithose, what if blade contact generates enormous friction or magnetic attraction so blocks work very well with lightsabers?

Also why are you comparing them to rapier when showing a video of saber fight, they are very different. Rapier more stab stab, saber more slash slash stab drag.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I remember the "female sith" artwork from the prequel trilogy as well and thinking that would have been pretty badass. It ended up being used for Ventress and more directly in the appearance of the clanmother of the Nightsisters.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I always assumed lightsabers had little weight but did have resistance due to whatever magic makes a blade of light solid in the first place. Like swinging a spinning gyroscope around, or whatever.

A star destroyer would totally wreck the enterprise.