Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They had to hurry to be into position for the random lightsaber duel.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Why were Qui-Gonn and Anakin running at the start of the scene anyway? Was there some pressing reason they were rushing off the planet?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not even attempting to defend this piece of shit movie, but yes there was a reason why they were running, but it was left on the cutting room floor.

Originally, they had a scene where the two other probe droids (there were three, we only see one reporting to Maul before he gets on his Sith Lord moped) catch up to Qui-Gon and company while they are walking back to the ship, and Qui-Gon slices them up then realizes they've been found and tells them to start running.

I guess they had to cut that to make room for that scene where Jar Jar steps in bantha poop.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Until Ancient asked, it never occurred to me to wonder why they were already running at the start of that scene.

The more you analyze the prequels, the shittier they get.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I actually remember liking that scene, how Maul just comes out of fucking nowhere and starts immediately beating ass. No big dramatic play up, no talk talk talking. Just Maul.

Yeah it doesn't live up to how I remembered it, I think.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So I re watched the entire series last weekend using the machete cut. Basically you watch it in the order of 4,5,2,3,6 cutting out one completely. It actually was really enjoyable since you watch four and five and when the republic is all down and out with Han in carbonite and Luke finding out vader is his father you go into a four hour flash back showing vaders turn to the dark side making his ultimate redemption in six even more satisfying.

Skipping one actually makes the prequels watchable because they add NOTHING to the series every character added is either reintroduced in the second move or dead. You skip pod racing jar jar midocloreans little kid anakin random padme body double story line shitty gungen fights virgin birth trade negotiations and more. None of this shit is mentioned in 2-3 and the opening scroll establishes the current plot perfectly. Also it gives obi won a beard and anakin is already a cocky feisty Jedi doing Jedi stuff during the war.
It also hides the reveal that the chancellor is the sith until 3 and makes dooku his only apprentice.

I truly think that 4,5,2,3,6 is the proper way to watch the series.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Doing Ep.II this weekend with my son. I honestly thought about not showing the prequels, but he knew they were on the shelf. I did enjoy most of the Clone Wars, but I can't remember anything after those few episodes where they had a brother and sister who represented the dark and light side... that lost me. So I see where keeping Ep.II and III in the line up makes some sense.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I re watched the entire series last weekend using the machete cut. Basically you watch it in the order of 4,5,2,3,6 cutting out one completely. It actually was really enjoyable since you watch four and five and when the republic is all down and out with Han in carbonite and Luke finding out vader is his father you go into a four hour flash back showing vaders turn to the dark side making his ultimate redemption in six even more satisfying.

Skipping one actually makes the prequels watchable because they add NOTHING to the series every character added is either reintroduced in the second move or dead. You skip pod racing jar jar midocloreans little kid anakin random padme body double story line shitty gungen fights virgin birth trade negotiations and more. None of this shit is mentioned in 2-3 and the opening scroll establishes the current plot perfectly. Also it gives obi won a beard and anakin is already a cocky feisty Jedi doing Jedi stuff during the war.
It also hides the reveal that the chancellor is the sith until 3 and makes dooku his only apprentice.

I truly think that 4,5,2,3,6 is the proper way to watch the series.
This is stupid as fuck. As if watching the teen heartthrob Canadian soap opera guy do angsty Anakin is somehow better than the little kid stuff in EP1. That shit is all horrible, just don't watch. I don't know how anyone can even stand to watch EP2 a second time ever. Three isn't much better, there's more terrible boring CGI thrown around but its still a steaming pile.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, Hayden Christensen seemed like a good enough actor to me when I saw him in other stuff. The writing for the prequels was just shit flavored shit coated in shit with a shit filling.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the cast is all great actually. MacGregor, Christiansen, Portman, Neeson are all great actors. It's not a surprise or secret where the fault lies.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the cast is all great actually. MacGregor, Christiansen, Portman, Neeson are all great actors. It's not a surprise or secret where the fault lies.
Maybe but Neeson and McGregor were the only two who came out of it looking capable. I'll assign all due blame to the script and Lucas' shitting greenscreening and lack of directing prowess. Christensen was annoying to me though, more than the young Anakin from EP1 even, but I know everyone has big hate levels for the kid.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Eh, Hayden Christensen seemed like a good enough actor to me when I saw him in other stuff. The writing for the prequels was just shit flavored shit coated in shit with a shit filling.
Samuel L Jackson couldnt save that dreck. The only guy who could save his lines is Liam Neeson, however the idea of a "grey" jedi was never explored cause dude died really stunk. Kotor 2 made that shit work great. Too bad Lucas hates tweeners.

Hell Ewan Macgregor only did as well because that dude channeled Alec Guinness and had a great template to go on.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Maybe but Neeson and McGregor were the only two who came out of it looking capable. I'll assign all due blame to the script and Lucas' shitting greenscreening and lack of directing prowess. Christensen was annoying to me though, more than the young Anakin from EP1 even, but I know everyone has big hate levels for the kid.
Yeah see I don't even agree with that, I didn't think either Neeson or MacGregor looked good in those movies. I'll give you that Christiansen probably looked the worst by far, though.