Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Eh, Hayden Christensen seemed like a good enough actor to me when I saw him in other stuff.
Really? The only other movie I remember seeing him in was jumper, and he was garbage in that too.

2 is worth watching just for the massive jedi fights on geonosis, including the yoda fight.

Oh and thanks column, just started my 2015 christmas list.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Disney has become the House Lannister of movie studios.

Gold will be shat.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really? The only other movie I remember seeing him in was jumper, and he was garbage in that too.

2 is worth watching just for the massive jedi fights on geonosis, including the yoda fight.

Oh and thanks column, just started my 2015 christmas list.
Actually I guess I had him confused with someone else.

Although you thinking the Yoda fight was good makes me question your judgement so intensely that maybe Jumper was actually a good movie and I didn't realize it or something.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yoda fight was basically the shock factor of seeing him fight. Then you got caught up invth excitemebtvof the whole thing. Then afterwards you thought about and realize it was retarded and didn't make any sense for the movie or the character.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Actually I guess I had him confused with someone else.

Although you thinking the Yoda fight was good makes me question your judgement so intensely that maybe Jumper was actually a good movie and I didn't realize it or something.
You misunderstood me. I didn't say Jumper was bad, I actually liked it. But Hayden was garbage as an actor. It made me realize his performance in star wars wasn't entirely Lucas's fault. I am able to enjoy a movie despite a bad actor or 2.

Besides, I've always liked Nightcrawler's ability, so any movie that explores teleportation is an almost gauranteed win for me.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This is going to be sold out as soon as it comes out

I want that but my Bulldog would probably eat it.

Regarding, Hayden I thought he was decent enough in the "Broken Glass"(?) movie about the reporter that fabricated everything.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Shattered glass. I hadn't heard of it until I looked it up. Did he play an angsty teenager? Maybe that's just not his wheelhouse. I don't know, Jumper is the only other thing I've seen him in. I hope for his sake he gets better as he matures.

Looks like shattered glass released between episodes 2 and 3. If it was filmed before Episode 2, and he really was a decent actor, a case could be made that lucas didn't just screw him over with his writing, but ruined him with his direction.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You misunderstood me. I didn't say Jumper was bad, I actually liked it. But Hayden was garbage as an actor. It made me realize his performance in star wars wasn't entirely Lucas's fault. I am able to enjoy a movie despite a bad actor or 2.

Besides, I've always liked Nightcrawler's ability, so any movie that explores teleportation is an almost gauranteed win for me.
Jumper was awful.

I wonder if The Edge is a Cowboys fan too.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I thought he was a bears fan. At least he's not a 30 team faggot like you. I look forward to you telling us more about what things hipsters hate.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I thought he was at least solid in Takers. He's maybe not fantastic, but he's not as trashy as everyone comes off looking in the prequels.

Sterling

El Presidente
In fairness to Hayden, the actual dialogue he had was fucking awful and that's not really his fault. Also he could be one of those guys that just needs to do a few takes to nail something, and the whole we'll do 1 or 2 takes and fix shit in post production thing can't help.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah the Yoda fights in all the prequels were terrible. At his height he should be chopping ankles for easy decapitation once they are on the ground, not hoping around like a frog doing nothing. I'd say the Windu vs. Emperor is the only one that makes at least a little bit of sense. The rest of them were just utter garbage.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yet for some reason I don't mind the few times Yoda does the gummy bear routine in Clone Wars. I guess because it just looks smoother in animation.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yet for some reason I don't mind the few times Yoda does the gummy bear routine in Clone Wars. I guess because it just looks smoother in animation.
It just seems less out of place. Especially when everything else is a big over the top also.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They just HAD to get a lightsaber in Yoda's hands, no matter how stupid it was. They should have made him use the force in other ways, like when he was hurling shit around in the senate chambers against Palpatine. Made more sense for Yoda's character. Sorta like how Palp himself is more force lightning and shit, not a saber fighter. But they hyped that shit up ad nauseam "oh yeah shit dawg in this move Yoda gon' FIGHT! GET READY!" Then we were all supposed to shit ourselves when he started flipping around at high speeds. Fuck Lucas.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So I'm off tomorrow and I figure I should head over to the local Target/Walmart/Toys R us for the "Force Friday" event where they release all the new Star wars toys.

I'm trying to figure out what's going to increase in price I need some help speculating the price of something.

They are releasing a Kylo Ren FX lightsaber for $200, This is the adult line of lightsabers made with metal and glass and come with a display mount and shit.

Example

rrr_img_108508.jpg

Some of these go down in price after they are released but some of them go for like $700 plus. Part of me thinks it will not go up in price since it's the "Darth Vader" of the series and the Darth Vader is the most common FX produced but, another part of me knows that the "Unique" lightsabers always cost more (Dookus is the most expensive and $500+ for an opened one)

On ebay they are going for $400+ but they are ones that have broke street date so can't use that as a good indicator.

rrr_img_108509.jpg

I think I'm going to buy any I see and hold onto them using the 90 day return policy I have on my credit card just to ride it out. I do that with Lego sets and it works out fine.\

If anyone else is thinking of scouting out some stores tomorrow this is what you should look out for.

Duds.
12 inch figures.
Cheap plastic Lightsabers
Masks/Costumes
3.75 inch figures
3.75 Toysets/Platsets (Fold outs)
Micromachines
Books,printed material etc

Pick ups
Star Wars Black Series(not all figures are the same they come in cases of eight to the store and are usual 4-2-1-1 per case, so avoid Kylo Ren and pick up bullshit stormtroopers or Jakku they will go up in price. Also some of them are "swaps" meaning that half way through the release cycle they change the character. Expect Chewbacca and the Stormtrooper to be swapped halfway through making them rarer)

Star Wars Black Series Vehicles (They come with unique pilot or stormtrooper figures, and the vehicle usually does not go up in price but people will pay for the unique figure to "army build" usually paying more for the figure then it costs to buy the set leaving you to sell the vehicle for a little extra)

FX Lightsabers (See above)

Any Star Wars Lego sets that are $60+

These are all short term holds as well anything I buy will be sold mid november when the price peaks prechristmas. After Christmas they re-release a lot of the toys and the price goes back down.

Also Almost any figure that is a "Disney Store exclusive" is a good pick up so if you have any nearby check them.

They are releasing a $150 and $200 cellphone controlled robot and flying drone I'm almost positive these will not be worth shit so I won't touch them but I have never seen them released before so I can't be certain

tldr i'm a nerd.