Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Well it's not really, the video is basically a pre-rendered flyby that runs in a browser, and the app/window merely allows you too look around as it runs

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
Really the only thing I liked about the special edition episode IV is the small conversation with Biggs before the battle of Yavin when they are in the hanger and the launching of the fighters from the base. That was about it. Didn't need the Han shot second, or the Jabba scene or anything else.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Really the only thing I liked about the special edition episode IV is the small conversation with Biggs before the battle of Yavin when they are in the hanger and the launching of the fighters from the base. That was about it. Didn't need the Han shot second, or the Jabba scene or anything else.
I'll admit, the ONLY change i like is the final song in ROTJ.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The only thing I liked was during the promotionals for the SE's seeing the original Jabba footage that was changed and taking comfort in that shit having ended up on the cutting room floor.

That and remastered original footage.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'll admit, the ONLY change i like is the final song in ROTJ.
Blasphemy! The original song is by far the better, and actually makes more logical sense. It's more primitive, whereas the SE song is way too complex and advanced for Ewoks.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Blasphemy! The original song is by far the better, and actually makes more logical sense. It's more primitive, whereas the SE song is way too complex and advanced for Ewoks.
Well the primitive tone makes sense and fits the ewoks' characters but a "happier" song fits better the end of a saga....the best saga
kanye_of_all_time_taylor_swift_let_you_finish.jpg

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
You don't think the original song was "happy?" Not sure how you can make that statement. I just re-watched both to make sure I wasn't having early-onset alzheimer's, but to me, both of them clearly express a happy vibe.

Anyhoo, enough derail. SE's sucked, patiently awaiting release of the theatrical cuts if the rumors are true!

Sterling

El Presidente
Don't think they were planning on retconning anything in the prequels. They'll just largely ignore them unless specifically relevant. Which seems like a reasonable path to take to me.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
You don't think the original song was "happy?" Not sure how you can make that statement. I just re-watched both to make sure I wasn't having early-onset alzheimer's, but to me, both of them clearly express a happy vibe.

Anyhoo, enough derail. SE's sucked, patiently awaiting release of the theatrical cuts if the rumors are true!
I was going to say the same thing you were, but I realized listening to them both again, that the second was just better and what was driving my love of the original song was just nostalgia.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I was going to say the same thing you were, but I realized listening to them both again, that the second was just better and what was driving my love of the original song was just nostalgia.
This is the way I feel about it as well. I was 4 when RotJ came out and I spent many a day singing Yub yub. I had the damn song on a 45 record. But I prefer the newer song. (Just the song mind you, not going back to Naboo, etc...) I feel that it gives a more epic end to the trilogy. And thus starts my dilemma with the SEs. Some of the changes were good like color corrections and rendered skies. But then the garbage that he put in to fill the scenes is overboard. I also hate the new Jabba's palace song and I want original Anakin back.