Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
stupid side story...I worked pretty early today, at 5am. There's a few pretty huge Star Wars guys that I work with, including the guy who declined $10,000 to give up his spot in line for The Phantom Menace after waiting in line for like 6 weeks (he's a moron). We pretty much just talk SW, GoT, and Marvel movies all day everyday. Anyways, I mentioned to one of the guys that I had a feeling a lot of cool SW news was gonna come out today being the 4th. It was really cool to see it happen throughout the day, and to realize that its going to be like this for years now. Probably going to get into my figure collection hibernating in the garage in plastic cases this weekend just to look at them, its awesome to be so consumed with SW again everyday.

P.S. They also announced that Star Wars merch for the movie (including toys) will be going on sale September 4th somewhere today but I can't find a link right now. Shit's gonna get expensive!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm curious if at the end of this hype-train (episode 9), in an effort to keep it going due to all the vats of money Disney will now be swimming in, if they don't redo the prequels. God, I hope so. If for nothing else but to fucking rectum wreck Lucas.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Aside from the broad strokes, I think they pretty much plan to ignore those movies. 4-6 and beyond, everything else before is just "before" and they'll pretend it didn't happen exactly how the movies went. Hell, it can be retconned right out by just saying that's how the story was told, not how it actually happened. George Lucas, in this case, being an unreliable narrator (raughs) and only Obi-Wan/Yoda would remember what really happened, and they're both dead. They could even have it come up in ghost-conversation or something to really get the point across.

Boba Fett movie though... maybe Patton Oswalt is going to get his movie afterall?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm curious if at the end of this hype-train (episode 9), in an effort to keep it going due to all the vats of money Disney will now be swimming in, if they don't redo the prequels. God, I hope so. If for nothing else but to fucking rectum wreck Lucas.
I thought they were just going to keep going after 9.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea, I see 7-9 as the 'make new heroes/villains' trilogy and kill off/negate need for all the 'old people' and take the new cast out for another 37 movies.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Low expectations sir low expectations. We all know what happens when we get too excited... Gungans
Gungas

During the interview with Vanity Fair, Abrams talked about a plan he had to kill off a character many Star Wars fans feel strongly about, Jar Jar Binks.

?I have a thought about putting Jar Jar Binks?s bones in the desert there," Abrams told Vanity Fair. "I?m serious! Only three people will notice, but they?ll love it.?

That right there has to bump up the expectations.
Why not retcon all that prequel shit?

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
During the interview with Vanity Fair, Abrams talked about a plan he had to kill off a character many Star Wars fans feel strongly about, Jar Jar Binks.

?I have a thought about putting Jar Jar Binks?s bones in the desert there," Abrams told Vanity Fair. "I?m serious! Only three people will notice, but they?ll love it.?

That right there has to bump up the expectations.
Crap like this is why I've trusted Abrams to do the right thing with this all along. The man is a nerd's nerd.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If they really want to milk the fuck out of it they could title these 13-15 and then go back and do 7-12 with recast actors, while doing 16+ with the new generation.

I should probably shut up.

Column_sl

shitlord
If they do a Fett movie, I don't want to know shit about his backstory. Just let him be a badass, and hunt motherfuckers across the Galaxy.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well they sorta have to cast the guy who played Jango to play adult Boba don't they? Or his dead ringer, unless they plan to never take his helmet off which I would be fine with but I highly doubt they go that direction.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I thought Boba wasn't a clone and was an unaltered / natural offspring of Jango so there is no need for that actor to play the part.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He was an unaltered clone without the accelerated aging. Pretty sure during movie 2 you can see clones the same age as Boba and he looks identical to them.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I hope the Boba Fett movie is set in the time period of the original movies, because I don't feel like watching a 65 year old mandalorian trying to get his jet pack going in the new era.