Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I still say the prophecy is about Meetra Surik, and while she isn't canon anymore, afaik neither is the book where the actual text of the prophecy comes from.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I don't think you can say that he fulfilled the prophecy because if it wasn't for Luke, Vader wouldn't have turned away from the Dark side and wouldn't have destroyed the Emperor. Luke was the catalyst for that.
Right but he was also Luke's dad, and so he set in motion and was a major part of the prophecy including the one who actually kills palpatine, if it wasnt for him, luke would be dead.

Phoenix Prime_sl

shitlord
And this thread has gone so far off the rail lol. Still can't believe we only have 3 months left till the movie releases and we haven't been given a solid trailer yet. We've got 2 long teasers that show us some good stuff but no real clue as to the direction of the story.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
And this thread has gone so far off the rail lol. Still can't believe we only have 3 months left till the movie releases and we haven't been given a solid trailer yet. We've got 2 long teasers that show us some good stuff but no real clue as to the direction of the story.
Yeah they didn't show one at Comic Con or D23, This might be a movie with no actual "big" trailer just some more small teasers. I mean it's not like they need any more publicity and It would be cool to go into a movie knowing nothing.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We're 3 months away without an actual trailer and digging up any information we can from toy packaging.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I really hope they keep it this way. Is anyone really not going to see this movie because the trailer didn't show enough? Sadly I lack the willpower to ignore those long ass show you everything trailers. I would love to go to this movie opening night and not have a clue what's going on story wise.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I really hope they keep it this way. Is anyone really not going to see this movie because the trailer didn't show enough? Sadly I lack the willpower to ignore those long ass show you everything trailers. I would love to go to this movie opening night and not have a clue what's going on story wise.
I walked into The Matrix like this. Best experience ever.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I did the same with The Matrix. Was pretty fantastic, and thinking back, quite the refreshing anomaly.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I hadn't seen so much as a single trailer for The Matrix when I went to go see it. All I knew about it was that it was supposed to be really cool, according to the friend I went to see it with. The same for Pulp Fiction, now that I think about it. Both of those ended up being blow you away theater sees. Been a loooonng time since I was willing to deal with going to a theater completely blind like that, but it really is the best way to see a great movie when you happen to chance into one.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I'm not fond of trailers as I see them as spoilers. Especially that "next week on ______" shit. I always avoid that stuff. I generally only watch trailers for stuff I'm clueless about. That said, the advertising for this seems like it has got to be epic. I expect the standard assault of media exposure.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Darth Maul had the highest of high-grounds and a lightsaber and was staring right into Obi Wans eyes.

How'd that work out for him?
No shit. Seriously a simple force push would have ended that fool and taken half a damn second to pull off. Nah lemme stare dreamily into his eyes instead. Then stand there like a dork as he flies over me, lands, then slices me in half. Just thinking about it annoys me.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
After I saw episode one, first showing on opening night... I walked into the lobby where a thousand people were waiting for the next showings, and promptly yelled "Darth Maul dies"and walked out.

Have not paid a dollar for Lucas or Disney star wars shit since, and never will.

That being said, wonder how long before some one steals the reel and I can watch it in hd at home.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
No shit. Seriously a simple force push would have ended that fool and taken half a damn second to pull off. Nah lemme stare dreamily into his eyes instead. Then stand there like a dork as he flies over me, lands, then slices me in half. Just thinking about it annoys me.
Jedi and sith can both defend against force pushes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jedi and sith can both defend against force pushes.
Except they fail to defend against force pushes all the time, especially considering Obi-Wan was desperately clinging to some little outcropping trying to avoid falling into a bottomless pit.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck this thread I spent at least 10 hours on wookiepedia and I am now pretty glad they un-cannoned the EU...there was some good stuff but man there was also a ton of just pure shit that I missed. Either that or wookiepedia paints everything in a dumb light.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wookiepedia paints everything in a pretty objective light. Objectively speaking, almost the entire EU was pure shit.