Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This isn't a thread for arguing dumb shit; take it elsewhere or I'll start putting people into time-out.
Honestly the problem with this thread is that Disney went full retard with Star Wars. To the point where actually talking about this movie requires people to say dumb shit.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I just hope Harrison Ford doesn't phone in his performance like he has for about a decade now. It seems like he's probably going to be the main character from the original cast (at least for this film).

Thlayli

Lord Nagafen Raider
You guys are missing the real point. Seven movies in and we still haven't had a single Mon Calamari or Twi'lek lead! Human actors have taken100%of the leading roles. And don't get me started on relegating droids to comic relief side characters.

Hollywood's human-centric bias needs to end here.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
You guys are missing the real point. Seven movies in and we still haven't had a single Mon Calamari or Twi'lek lead! Human actors have taken100%of the leading roles. And don't get me started on relegating droids to comic relief side characters.

Hollywood's human-centric bias needs to end here.
Bring on the Chewbacca biopic that is 100% subtitled

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bring on the Chewbacca biopic that is 100% subtitled
rrr_img_113904.jpg

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
People here complaining about a black guy and a woman in star wars have actually made me consider that SJWs may have a valid point or two. I hope you're happy people.

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
The prequels had white leads, some of them good actors even, and the movies overall sucked. Only recently have I re-watched anything from the prequels, and even then only clips, and ugh. I don't give a shit who or what is the star of the new movie, as long as it can capture half the fun of Star Wars I think I will love it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Well to be honest this thread is also about how bad movies 4-6 were. Hollywood has deservedly lost the trust of the Star Wars fan base over those three movies. I see no reason not to take a critical view there choices in movie seven.
Anyone who mistakes the original trilogy for the prequels has no business here. Turn in your (obviously counterfeit) nerd card and GTFO of the thread.

It's not politics, it's fucking business. The 'best person for the job' is the one who brings in the most revenue while executing the role to an acceptable degree. Expanding the market is the best way to do that. They already know they have all the white boy money in North America. If they can get some homeboy and chick money don't you think they're gonna do that? It's not about being 'PC', and anyone who thinks that is fucking retarded.
If they really want to expand their market, they need more mexicans. Every mexican* in the movie will mean hundreds upon hundreds of family members who would not have seen the movie otherwise. Of course, they will all probably sneak in, but that's another issue entirely.

*note, the mexicans must not be related to maximize return.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I just hope Harrison Ford doesn't phone in his performance like he has for about a decade now. It seems like he's probably going to be the main character from the original cast (at least for this film).
His delivery on his one line in the trailer was goosebump worthy. He's not phoning this one in, count on it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Jesus tittyfucking christ, the obvious neg farming going on here is ridiculous. It makes me want to give positives just to annoy them.

I have zero problem with the choice of main characters, and never even thought about it until you faggots said something. And I'm kinda racist/sexist at times, not gonna lie. But why would I care about brand new characters and what race or gender they are? As long as they fit the role, who cares? Hell, that one freeze frame of Boyega holding the lightsaber as the other dude starts to swing at him, I'd argue that few white boys could duplicate that look of, "Oh shit, I'm about to get my ass whooped" that he had. And more importantly, all I really care about is that Daisy doesn't spend the entire movie with her hair tied back like that, because she's way hotter with it down.

That's the shit I worry about, not why they aren't all white dudes. Buncha slack-jawed faggots.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Slack-jawed faggots.

Basically completely on point.

MOTHERFUCKING STARWARS, BITCHES! Should be the primary response, because just the trailer proves it isn't prequel crap levels of tardery. I predict this thing makes several records. In books. Books of records, even.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Planet of the apes sloping neanderthal brow
giant negrosaurus lips.
What is wrong with you ppl? is your value as a sub-human so low that you just resort to possible racial facial features as your counter to why this film is bad?

Hell, i'm just like previous poster Vvoid, kinda racist many times, but you guys are just taking it to a disturbing/disgusting level.

sure, feel/think how you want, but if you're not trolling for lolz or trying to "1 up" the other ppl playing racist and these are your deep seeded thoughts, grats on being sub-human.

Again this new character being black should have zero bearing on your enjoyment of VII, it's not like they reverse Michael Jackson'd Luke. No, you have a new non established character that is black.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
All the people getting angry about Finn being a main character and main jedi in the new trilogy

He's not the jedi, the girl is. Anyone with martial training can hold a glow stick. Finn proceeds to get his ass handed to him by Kilo Ren in the saber duel, one of the most one sided duels in cannon history. Also I saw a comment earlier about Ren being the big bad guy, don't worry there either. Ren is the apprentice ala Maul. The big bad won't be shown until episode 8. Big bad = Snoke as cringe worthy as that name is =/

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Jesus tittyfucking christ, the obvious neg farming going on here is ridiculous. It makes me want to give positives just to annoy them.

I have zero problem with the choice of main characters, and never even thought about it until you faggots said something. And I'm kinda racist/sexist at times, not gonna lie. But why would I care about brand new characters and what race or gender they are? As long as they fit the role, who cares? Hell, that one freeze frame of Boyega holding the lightsaber as the other dude starts to swing at him, I'd argue that few white boys could duplicate that look of, "Oh shit, I'm about to get my ass whooped" that he had. And more importantly, all I really care about is that Daisy doesn't spend the entire movie with her hair tied back like that, because she's way hotter with it down.

That's the shit I worry about, not why they aren't all white dudes. Buncha slack-jawed faggots.
I worry about it being written to be another Hunger Games type franchise instead of it being STAR WARS. Star Wars is a trend setter. I hope it does not go the young adult hunger games rehash to oblivion. I also hope zero amount of chosen one narratives make it into this thing.

What im saying is i want it to be written/directed to be a trend setter and not a market cash in that ties itself with the current trends of Cinema. I watched the Divergent movies with my wife and those were some turds.

From what I have seen Daisy seems sufficiently skywalkery and fine. I have not seen enough of Black stormtrooper guy to see if he has enough charisma to pull off the scoundrel.

I am also already sick of the hype. I hope it gets here, I can take my 4 year old to it not be a piece of shit.