Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don't think Lucas had an overly complex story to tell in the prequels. I don't think he really had a story to tell in the first place with them. I think his motivation in making them was to hit the reset button on special effects in movie making again like he did in the 70's. The industry had passed so far beyond the things they did in the originals that no one in Hollywood really thought of them as great or even good anymore, just great for their time. The prequels were just an exclamation of "Don't you know who I am !?". So he cobbled together a crappy story to glom all of those visuals onto.

He didn't get someone with actual skill at storytelling to write it for him because he wanted zero constraints of any kind filtering out any of his ideas for visuals. He didn't even let the originals constrain him. The inconsistencies he created within the originals because of this are one of those minor things that really annoyed me more than it should have. Things like Ben telling Luke he hadn't gone by the name Obi-Wan since before he was born.
Is that because you imagined more of a time lapse than negative a few days between Luke being born and him hiding in the desert or what?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So yea thought I saw it when it was posted yesterday, but it looks like Han shoots the dude with the mace in the chest as mace-man is going for a killing blow. So I'm guessing Finn is really, really shitty with that lightsaber...

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Made me laugh..
rrr_img_117308.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
What red blooded American male doesn't know what a gun holster looks like from having seen at least a dozen westerns by the time they're twenty? Clint is displeased.

file_php_2_file_91542_filename_gran_torino_eastw.jpg

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's also an attachment for the grenade bag, which when empty can also double as a throwing weapon to knock an imperial officer over a balcony and kill him before being captured.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
You should check out Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi before watching this new movie. Clearly by your comment you have never viewed these films.
I feel like half the people in this thread haven't seen the movies.

khalid

Unelected Mod
It kind of reminds me when GoT came out and we had all these people with astrochuk levels of reading comprehension complaining about shit that was also in the books.