Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Rey asking BB-8 where it was from and saying "Me to" when it answered "Classified" made me go hrmmmm ...
yep, last couple tv spots and this trailer have all had the "classified? me too." part. looks like its gonna be something big. or, if the Harrison Ford article I read yesterday is any indication, it could be brilliant misdirection on all fronts by JJ.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
This trailer definitely had the most good old fashioned Star Wars feel to it. That shot of the Falcon leading the X-Wings past the asteroids really got me.

Which reminds me, this goddam movie better have a goddam space battle in it.

lordvanduu_sl

shitlord
I've loved all of the trailers, but that is the first one since the first trailer to literally give me goosebumps.
smile.png

Caliane

I've been trying to cut myself off at this point. No more trailers. they are just going to get more and more spoilery.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure how much more any trailers are really going to show until the release has past. What I'd really try and avoid is spoiler stuff online in general. Right now my plans involve going to see it onSaturdaywhich is a brutal wait but its the most convenient window to see it with my son. Plus I dragged my feet with tickets and don't want to sit in the front row or up against the wall on Thursday or Friday, I could get decent seats for 3D but fuck that.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
I got tickets for 9am Saturday morning. I don't want to deal with the crowds after work on a Friday night and worrying that we'll get shitty seats. The 9am theater has the best IMAX screen around and never seems to be crowded if you're there for an early show. We'll see what happens with this movie...

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
They're showing it Thursday night, the 17th, at the cinema closest to my house, so I snagged tickets for then.

I'm sure it'll be crowded as shit as a result.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm not gonna go until after Christmas. Maybe Boxing Day. Don't feel like dealing with grognards clapping and shit whenever Han Solo delivers a one-liner. I'll literally punch someone.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's another thing, my son didn't want to deal with a bunch of turbo SW freaks clapping and cheering. Which I get, but its also a fun experience as well, it can just ruin parts of the movie. Since I have no idea if it will be worth seeing twice, it makes sense. I think Saturday night will be crowded too but probably not as many diehards jizzing their pants.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I wouldn't typically post a react video in here (and there's nothing remarkable about the reaction itself in this one) but some people have brought up the lack of space combat being shown in the trailers and tv spots up to now and this one has a snippet of that right before the poster begins his commentary (about 20 seconds in) that I don't recall having seen in anything so far. I dunno where it came from originally but it shows a star destroyer, a TIE, and an X-Wing.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't typically post a react video in here (and there's nothing remarkable about the reaction itself in this one) but some people have brought up the lack of space combat being shown in the trailers and tv spots up to now and this one has a snippet of that right before the poster begins his commentary (about 20 seconds in) that I don't recall having seen in anything so far. I dunno where it came from originally but it shows a star destroyer, a TIE, and an X-Wing.

That looked like a cut scene from a video game or something. It's way too CG to be part of the actual film, but maybe it's based on a real scene. Who knows?

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider

That's from the car commercial from Thanksgiving iirc. It had a space battle and folks seeing it on the ground saying some nonsense about how pretty it was.

Edit found it. It was for Jeep.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens | Shooting Star | Jeep Renegade - YouTube

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This trailer definitely had the most good old fashioned Star Wars feel to it. That shot of the Falcon leading the X-Wings past the asteroids really got me.

Which reminds me, this goddam movie better have a goddam space battle in it.
As long as it's better than the space battle from Phantom, yeah sure.

My buddy just won tickets to a private theater screening Thursday and invited me to go, so stoked, don't have to wait and don't have to deal with a horribly crowded first night seat finding hell.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I think the movie will be "ok" but meh when compared to all the hype surrounding it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Most likely he says that because it's better to have your low expectations exceeded than to not have your high expectations met.

Personally, I'm pretty well convinced that this movie will be on the same level as Ice Pirates, only not as funny. And don't get me wrong, I loved Ice Pirates. If it meets my expectations, it'll still be a good movie.