Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah. made me want to hit someone.
no one is going back to George. And "George is a world builder on par with Tolkein" holy fuck.
"GSenpai is a genius, who ripped of Kurasowa, Buck Rogers, etc, etc, but J.J Abrams is a follower who can't and will never make an original movie like George-sama."
Worse. Doesn't show that Star Wars was great thanks to many people who challenged him. When no one did that.....

They really think he is still praised as a God and the fans don't know how thing were done and by whom.
And that fucker from Vice. Lol

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
On the article, people just don't understand the OT was George and Team, and ESB and Jedi were even different directors. Prequels were George and yes men with shit scripts. I don't think anyone anywhere that likes or loves Star Wars wouldn't say Thank You to George for giving us a Galaxy Far Far Away, but he failed in the 2000s.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
"It took a forgery to get him called an artist."

I fucking love that last line, cause that's all this movie is: a forgery. It's a remake of the original trilogy that most people are just too stupid to notice.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Kylo Ren was awesome in the film BECAUSE he is an unstable flawed character, him not living up the Vader is the whole point and is even said by Rey in the film. I'm excited to see what happens with him next.
I agree. I mentioned it a while back, but I really enjoyed the reversal of morality that his character goes through.

The Light Side is seductive...it causes pain, etc...

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

I fucking love that last line, cause that's all this movie is: a forgery. It's a remake of the original trilogy that most people are just too stupid to notice.
Yeah. Literally no one who claims to like or have enjoyed it has pointed the long list of similarities, recurring themes, repeated plot points, or duplicated roles. No one.

Jive Turkey

Karen

What other movies do you hate that you keep going back into the threads to post the exact same shit over and over?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hmmm...

rrr_img_122183.jpg

Seems like a big conspiracy theory, but it would explain how Kylo Ren knew that Vader betrayed the Emperor.

Royal

They should have gotten Bill Nighy instead of Andy Serkis for Snoke. Nighy has experience with motion capture plus the basic lines of his face have a faint resemblance to what Snoke ended up looking like.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Simpler answer is that its just more callbacks but this one is very subtle. I wouldn't put it past them to find out he's a clone though.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Oh please.....just don't this
would be kinda cool if the flames of Luke burning the body awoken something dark within him and a burned corpse rose up once Luke walked away from the fire. I think that's pretty far fetched and wouldn't be well received. I think people would be ok with it being Plagueis but I think Snoke is someone knew that has been sitting back and watching for a long time and probably has some tie-in but is a new character.

Royal

Yeah I don't think they're gonna undo Vader's redemption like that. It would also make Luke's victory pretty hollow in an overly obvious way.

Siliconemelons

If it aint plagues its Tarkin ;-)

I like the article on "Snoke true ID revealed" on Yahoo, it was basically Andy got direction of "become the character and make it yours" so he was like "they didn't tell me to be 'someone else' they told me to be snoke, so it CANT BE ANYONE ELSE because of this" mmmkay..

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It would be nice to see Snoke and by extension Kylo Ren be something other than Sith. The Nightsisters of Dathomir, by virtue of inclusion in the Clone Wars series, are canonical users of the force who are not Sith, so there is precedent. From the time of the first teaser I had always assumed this was about the dawning of a new age that wasn't specifically Sith / Jedi but rather Dark / Light lacking the strict dogma of either entity that came before.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
You're all missing the obvious, Maz Kanata is Darth Plagueis. She has lived thousands of years, and is force sensitive.

And so many things are set in motion at her place.

Rey awakens.

Han sees Kylo, and then Leia which leads to him confronting Kylo on the bridge and to his death.

Maz gives Finn the lightsaber, who ends up in Rey's hand...and to the defeat of Kylo.

Kylo killing Han and being defeated by Rey leads to the announcement that his training needs to be completed...like those were events that Snokes was waiting for to do so.

Rey finds Luke...offers him his old Lightsaber. That will bring Luke out of hiding which is the entire point of the movie.

Like Palpatine before, she works in the shadows through lackeys to advance her own plans while pretending to be on the side of the heroes.

It's so obvious. ;D

Seriously though, I'm not sure who Maz is, but she is far more than she seems to be...too many events are set in motions at her place to just be a coincidence.