Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Well, the retards have spoken, Empire is a shitty movie because rose colored glasses.

you're still misunderstanding that point. no one is claiming that the old movies were bad because they had plot holes and excessive use of deus ex machina and etc etc. they are claiming that a movie can have those problems and still be good.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
you're still misunderstanding that point. no one is claiming that the old movies were bad because they had plot holes and excessive use of deus ex machina and etc etc. they are claiming that a movie can have those problems and still be good.
Nah sorry bro, this movie is still bad.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah I think I already established that the movie by itself was bad. If it was a good movie by itself yet not a great Star Wars movie then I would say so.

The movie was objectively bad. When I get a downloaded copy I will sit through and go scene by scene and list all that is wrong with it just as a movie.

The fact that it completely fucked up transitioning to a sequel alone is worth saying it was a terribly done movie.

• 3Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Someone, somewhere, mentioned they thought the Force Awakens was like A New Hope and half of Empire, then Last Jedi was half of Empire and all of Return of the Jedi. This film had too many acts, even the people that LIKED this film question the inclusion of the Canto Bight arc. Snoke fight and resolution to me was misplaced. That felt like what should have been the end of the film.

The Battlestar Galactica plot device was just lame and it seems like there could have been so many better solutions to their flight then what we eventually got. Why didn't they fly off in different directions? Why not light jump into them earlier with a droid piloting the ship? The side plot went nowhere and didn't work, then the original plan was retarded to begin with and was kept secret for no reason.

This doesn't even get into the problems a lot of people (Mark Hamill included it seems) have with the treatment of Luke Skywalker's character.

That the film is so divisive between Star Wars fans to me means this film missed its mark. (GET IT?!! sorry :/)

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
and please spare me the bullshit about how there are tons of real Star Wars fans out there that disliked The Empire Strikes Back, I was old enough to see that at the Theater. The Vader revelation was mind blowing back then. You weren't even sure he was telling the truth until Jedi.

What exactly in this movie blew your mind? That Luke's mustache was green? Reys parents are nobody? Do you even care?

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
"Luke, I am your father" is considered by many to be the greatest plot twist of all time, tho. what's really going to live up to that?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
"Luke, I am your father" is considered by many to be the greatest plot twist of all time, tho. what's really going to live up to that?
It doesn't have to though. It just doesn't have to shit all over it in the process. Nothing in The Clone Wars or Star Wars Rebels lives up to that either but all the same there are tons of great stories, arcs, expansive uses of imagination...heart.

This doesn't have any real heart, it's all manufactured.

• 4Solidarity

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's...."no, I am your father"
Yeah, i know I'm being picky lol

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It's not ironic, it's true. You can't wipe away all the criticisms I've lobbed at this movie over a throw away line like that. The movie was not good and ALSO didn't blow my mind.

• 3Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
fine, i will restate it without using the words "plot twist"

"Luke, I am your father" is considered by many to be the greatest mind blowing moment of all time. what's really going to live up to that?

...and what do you know, the entire conversation after that would have progressed the same way, the difference is pointless.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
fine, i will restate it without using the words "plot twist"

"Luke, I am your father" is considered by many to be the greatest mind blowing moment of all time. what's really going to live up to that?

...and what do you know, the entire conversation after that would have progressed the same way, the difference is pointless.
Rogue One at the end when Vader comes in and wrecks.

ESB when Vader shows up on Cloud City. Han doesn't pause for a second but starts shooting.
ANH any scene with Tarkin (I loved his character), when Luke lets go and actually destroys the Death Star.
ROJ the entire ambiance of the battle between Vader and Luke in the throne room. The dark scenes, the back and forth banter, the swordplay.
TFA when Rey does finally get to Luke, the snow battle with her/Kylo/Finn.

All those are great scenes and didn't need a plot twist.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The movie was objectively bad. When I get a downloaded copy I will sit through and go scene by scene and list all that is wrong with it just as a movie.

I don't think I'm the only one looking forward to this.

I'm a huge Tarkin guy too. Very well casted, that character defined "imperial" and set the bar.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Sorry to be a Star Wars Snob, but the quote is actually "No, I am your father!"

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users