Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty sure Miguex is talking about how you're just now watching the Clone Wars cartoon when it came out 9 years and was cancelled 3.5 years ago.

Damnit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I mean, they have a point, if you actually liked the prequels these would blow your fucking mind.

• 1Worf

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Pretty sure Miguex is talking about how you're just now watching the Clone Wars cartoon when it came out 9 years and was cancelled 3.5 years ago.

Damnit.
Yeah I understand that. What I don't understand is why he thinks I give a fuck about how big of a Star Wars fan he perceives me to be.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yep, these and Rebels will show you why the current Star Wars movies are fucking trash in comparison and it's too god damn bad, it didn't have to be this way. These people actually believe the shit they're shoveling, "let the past die. Kill it, if you have to." Like god damn, Disney really is the fucking Empire, sorry the First Order.

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
dGJWG08.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Yep, these and Rebels will show you why the current Star Wars movies are fucking trash in comparison and it's too god damn bad, it didn't have to be this way. These people actually believe the shit they're shoveling, "let the past die. Kill it, if you have to." Like god damn, Disney really is the fucking Empire, sorry the First Order.
I heard Rebels has the Disney touch and is pretty shit compared to TCW, with less violence and shitty animation.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I heard Rebels has the Disney touch and is pretty shit compared to TCW, with less violence and shitty animation.
I dunno, it's gotten pretty good the past year. Like TCW they have lesser episodes, but overall I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The problem is the seasons have ridiculous breaks and I have to remember where the fuck I am when I start watching again.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
couldn't be bothered to watch any of its first 3 seasons too, right mega fan whose opinion we're supposed to care about more than everyone elses?

• 5Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Who cares how big a fan you are? His opinion should matter if it's right, not whether he is some certain level of fan.

• 1Solidarity

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
doesn't watch half the available Star Wars available to everyone, and touts the prequels as the good shit. Ya Daezuel Daezuel . you're probably in a good spot defending him. Keep keeping on brother.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Not sure what your point is. Why does he have to have watched all the animated shit to understand what's going on in the current movies and call it out for the trash that it is?

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
couldn't be bothered to watch any of its first 3 seasons too, right mega fan whose opinion we're supposed to care about more than everyone elses?
If you disagree with my opinions on TLJ, why not make your case against those opinions instead of questioning my credentials as a Star Wars fan like a fucking nutcase? I'd say the fact that you can't make your case is just further proof that the movie is shit.

Btw, Star Wars films are made for general audiences. They are meant to be enjoyed without any of the supplemental Star Wars universe shit, so your entire point is retarded, as per usual.

• 2Solidarity

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

Rebels is aimed at a younger demo than TCW was. It's a Y7 show while TCW was TV-PG. They have stuff in there to try and satisfy older fans who they know will be watching it but if you're not prepared to give it some leeway on that front then I wouldn't waste my time with it. Part of that is on the the violence front but also with the humor, which can run a little slapstick and nonsensical at times.

And the quality of the animation is definitely lower. The show doesn't have the open ended budget that Lucas gave TCW. He was actually producing TCW at a loss because for him it was an investment in his animators, letting them hone their craft and improve the quality of their work to eventually use on Strange Magic, which he had been trying to get into production for almost a decade. You can really see it paying off in the final seasons of the TCW. But Disney has no such motivation, which is why they pulled the plug on it with many episodes still in various stages of production.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Rebels is aimed at a younger demo than TCW was. It's a Y7 show while TCW was TV-PG. They have stuff in there to try and satisfy older fans who they know will be watching it but if you're not prepared to give it some leeway on that front then I wouldn't waste my time with it. Part of that is on the the violence front but also with the humor, which can run a little slapstick and nonsensical at times.

And the quality of the animation is definitely lower. The show doesn't have the open ended budget that Lucas gave TCW. He was actually producing TCW at a loss because for him it was an investment in his animators, letting them hone their craft and improve the quality of their work to eventually use on Strange Magic, which he had been trying to get into production for almost a decade. You can really see it paying off in the final seasons of the TCW. But Disney has no such motivation, which is why they pulled the plug on it with many episodes still in various stages of production.
Makes sense, I was a bit baffled that they were able to put this much production value into a basic cable TV show, it's damn near movie quality.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Never saw clone wars or any other series.
I'm not a true Star Wars fan :(

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Has clips to laugh at. Pretty good overview of why this movie is terrible. About half of his stuff is what I would call "nit picking"--stuff that in a good film is easily overlooked, like how stupid the strategies employed by these idiots were, or how their ships were paper in some cases. Someone in this thread tried to point out the original trilogy had a lot of shit like this in it, and its true, the originals had a lot of dumb stuff that if you thought about it, was silly. All movies do. What's important is if the characters and story were captivating enough to get the audience to buy into the characters of the universe--because once you believe in a character enough to give them the benefit of the doubt, stupid things can be explained away without being shown.

This movie though, in its zeal to "kill the past" (And I'm not convinced, after mulling on it for a week, that was their goal), took away a good portion of that empathy thanks to every foundation it could have been built on being uprooted in an endless need to subvert/deconstruct things. Then it just sloppily tossed the characters back to nearly the same position with little, if any growth. The entire movie genuinely did seem like a giant deconstruction--but done by someone without the talent or ability to actually put things back together in an interesting way...So all that happened was the guts of what was Star Wars got ripped out, and what's left is kind of a husk.

It sucks, I've genuinely tried to convince myself its not as bad as I'm thinking, but this shit is like eating tainted food--it only gets worse as time goes on and it digests.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have not watched The Clone Wars or Rebels but I have read probably 150 Star Wars books and probably that many individual comics in the universe.

I have owned an imperial royal guard helmet and a full set of sand trooper armor.

Am I a true fan?

• 5Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users