Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
More evidence that Rian Johnson may have been following the unedited OT/ prequel formula. Like sort of knock-off Star Wars featuring a fan director in place of Lucas.

As you read the specifics of the OT and Prequel cuts and edits, you realize Rian may have had access to rough cuts and its not entirely impossible that he drew his creative from the raw versions of the OT and Prequels. If you were a director in Rian's position, you would be probably trying to learn from the master in much the same way. Except the knock-off is never as good as the original authentic article.

George Lucas admits he 'may have gone too far' with 'Star Wars: The Phantom Menace'

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I think Korriban actually sounds better myself. I still call it that to.

Takes a particular kind of runaway ego to rename something that you didn't name in the first place and that has been used extensively under the original name for years in the Star Wars EU.

• 1Solidarity

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Takes a particular kind of runaway ego to rename something that you didn't name in the first place and that has been used extensively under the original name for years in the Star Wars EU.

Yeah I don't doubt at all that Lucas thinking something like the Sith homeworld was too important to the overall lore of Star Wars to let a third party come up with a name for it was a factor.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Saw this tonight. The humor was mostly weak and forced, overall it was pretty boring. Leia flying through space was dumb as fuck. Light speed ramming the ship and everyone dies except the two heroes and Phasma who magically moves across the ship from each other so they can stomp into the scene was dumb as fuck. The red and white planet scenes looked cool.

5/10

Edit: Oh yeah, the entire "there's only one cryptologist who can do whatever dumb shit you need is on Vegas planet and wears a red brooch was stupid. Then to make it even more fucking stupid they get randomly thrown in the same jail cell with someone else who can do the job that only one guy in the universe is good enough to do. HOW FUCKING LUCKY OF THEM!!! dumb

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I dunno. How far was alderan from tatooine? And the falcon made the trip fairly quickly. Let's not nitpick every aspect because it ends up shitting on the OT, which has it's own flaws. yet its still a classic trilogy.

The Falcon is supposed to be the fastest ship in the galaxy, and they even noted in TLJ, and I quote Finn while traveling back to the fleet, "this ship really moves!" Lighter ships can apparently hyperspace faster than huge ships. For whatever reason.

Leia and Rey are together on the bridge having just escaped the events on Crait.

"It was very brave of your brother to do what he did. To teleconference into the engagement, then die for no reason other than Disney not wanting to pay his fee for this movie. We all owe him a debt.

"Yeah whatever bitch. Bring me some coffee."

Just then, a large, malicious looking figure with four arms bursts into the room. The guards present turn their guns on it, but are swiftly dealt lethal blows by the creature.

"Hello there," Leia warmly welcomes her guest.

"General Organa! You are an old one!"

Rey is looking upon the intruder with complete bewilderment. Then it hits her.

"You... you're General Grievous! The Jedi hunting cyborg! I've heard legends of you. But... you were slain in battle by Obi Wan Kenobi! How can you be alive!?"

Grievous laughs heartily then coughs sickeningly.

"Another fine plothole in Disney's collection!"

Rey, sensing the danger she is in, surveys her surroundings. Letting the force speak to her, she realizes Grievous is carrying an arsenal of lightsabers in his cloak. Using the force, Rey calls a lightsaber and ignites it. Grievous responds by arming himself with a lightsaber in each of his four hands. Rey looks on in astonishment as the sabers begin spinning at such a speed that Grievous becomes a wall of death closing in on her.

"You must now realize that Disney plot armor doesn't work in low quality fan faction. You. Are. Doomed."

"I will not be intimidated byaughhhh..."

Rey's retort is interrupted by a lightsaber severing her head from her body. Grievous calmly retracts his weapons, then moves to Rey's decapitated head. He grabs the head off of the floor and holds it at eye level, giving a menacing stare. Suddenly, he turns his attention to Leia.

"This will make a fine addition to the Disney Christmas catalog."

Grievous and Leia both guffaw heartily.

"Well, that'll shut that bitch up. Say, I'm pretty over this resistance bullshit I've been doing the last 40 years. There's some pod races on Tatooine tonight. I know a guy there who's got the hookup on death sticks. You in?"

"Time to abandon ship."

Roll credits

This is fucking gold.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Saw this tonight. The humor was mostly weak and forced, overall it was pretty boring. Leia flying through space was dumb as fuck. Light speed ramming the ship and everyone dies except the two heroes and Phasma who magically moves across the ship from each other so they can stomp into the scene was dumb as fuck. The red and white planet scenes looked cool.

5/10

Edit: Oh yeah, the entire "there's only one cryptologist who can do whatever dumb shit you need is on Vegas planet and wears a red brooch was stupid. Then to make it even more fucking stupid they get randomly thrown in the same jail cell with someone else who can do the job that only one guy in the universe is good enough to do. HOW FUCKING LUCKY OF THEM!!! dumb
to be fair. its Starwars. Luck and Coincidences has a built in explanation.
When you have an all encompassing Force, that compels action, influences events, and creates fate, and destiny...outrageous coincidences are not outrageous at all.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
to be fair. its Starwars. Luck and Coincidences has a built in explanation.
When you have an all encompassing Force, that compels action, influences events, and creates fate, and destiny...outrageous coincidences are not outrageous at all.

Yeah that’s lazy.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh come on. Rogue One was a good Star Wars story. It has some cheesy dialogue and some problems but it was miles ahead of everything we've gotten since RoTJ. It had pacing, it had story, it had character and plot development and it had some badass Star Wars action.

And it didn't have any emo, angsty, crybaby protagonists.

EDIT: Maybe that's their evil plan. Make the main storyline so bad they can abandon it without anyone getting upset and make off shoot stories that people appreciate but don't cost them nearly as much to make.

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 3Picard
Reactions: 10 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Oh come on. Rogue One was a good Star Wars story. It has some cheesy dialogue and some problems but it was miles ahead of everything we've gotten since RoTJ. It had pacing, it had story, it had character and plot development and it had some badass Star Wars action.

And it didn't have any emo, angsty, crybaby protagonists.

EDIT: Maybe that's their evil plan. Make the main storyline so bad they can abandon it without anyone getting upset and make off shoot stories that people appreciate but don't cost them nearly as much to make.
It was better than the other 2 Disney abortions, but that's it. Characters have zero charisma, nothing interesting about any of them. Basically a series of inconsequential action scenes strung together starring people you don't give a fuck about, plus you know they all die in the end. Only highlight was the 20 second Vader scene. Story also contradicts the OT, though that's to be expected from Disney.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Rogue One was the best Star Wars Movie in 33 years.

it's amazing how any rere can even say TFA or TLJ can hold a candle up to Rogue One's cohesive story.

Rogue One served a purpose, it was Star Wars 3.5, that we didn't care for, but in retrospect makes sense, it filled in the gaps nicely.

Sure i'll admit even tho R1 had it's share of SJW'ism at least it wasn't in your face... WOW two asians on screen combined they still had less dialogue than the indian or the half dindu, lazy eye.

the bad guy was really white and really british, whatever, he was better than Hux

OK, another bitch as the main hero, at least she was pretty good at being a scoundrel while Rey has been flopping around being horrible at her new internship.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Khane

Ip Man as a blind monk that uses a laser crossbow was pretty fucking stupid though.

Jive Turkey

Karen

The one thing it DIDN'T have was character development. It was a bunch of nobodies that nobody cares about by the end of the movie. Poor writing and poor casting. Except K2-S0, who was pretty cool

• 1Like

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The one thing it DIDN'T have was character development. It was a bunch of nobodies that nobody cares about by the end of the movie. Poor writing and poor casting. Except K2-S0, who was pretty cool

I agree with everything you said here, except for the part about K2-S0. He was a watered down version of Marvin from HHG2G. He was pretty bland too.

Khane

You didn't care about them because you're cold-hearted pricks and already knew how it would end! There absolutely was character development.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users