Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Scream, put in yo application now!
You should see the amount of 3 ring binders full of now-gone EU crap I wrote for 15 years. I have a fully realized Thrawn script sitting in a box in my garage that I just can't go back to or I'll be crying on the floor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gak

<Gold Donor>
did they exaggerate her plumpness?

star 400 4.jpg

s2.jpg

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I feel bad for the Rose actress, she literally did nothing wrong. All her bad lines and character are bad for the same reason Oscar winner Natalie Portman's were in the prequels.

It's not like the Ghostbusters actresses who played an active role in ruining the franchise and antagonising the fans.

However it's probably just exaggerated to discredit the Fandom Menace.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haven't seen Solo yet and I enjoyed the Last Jedi. It was entertaining fluff. But I can definitely see why so many old time fans have bailed on Star Wars.

Like it or not the vast majority of Star Wars fans were young white american males. I think it's smart of Disney to try and expand their fan base, but it's not smart to piss on the old fans while doing it. The old fans are were invested in the Star Wars universe and they spent money on all the merch in vast quantities, along with going to the movies multiple times each.

The new owners are morons and deserve the flop of Solo and the pushback from the fans who invested a lot of their lives into Star Wars.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
The old fans are were invested in the Star Wars universe and they spent money on all the merch in vast quantities, along with going to the movies multiple times each.
Some of us still are. It's just cooler to hate on stuff.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Last Jedi was garbage. I refuse to believe you are a writer if you don't agree.
That's cool man. I didn't think it was garbage at all. I think garbage should be reserved for films like Battlefield Earth, Gigli, Showgirls, Superman IV, and Glitter. But if you want to put TLJ into that category that's ok.

I think TLJ wasn't one of the best Star Wars movies and could be one of the worst, but it was a fun, entertaining movie that had stuff I like to see in it (Star Wars Stuff).

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hey now, Scream. Watch it with the sensible, thoughtful responses. They don't take kindly to that sort of thing on the internet.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That's cool man. I didn't think it was garbage at all. I think garbage should be reserved for films like Battlefield Earth, Gigli, Showgirls, Superman IV, and Glitter. But if you want to put TLJ into that category that's ok.

I think TLJ wasn't one of the best Star Wars movies and could be one of the worst, but it was a fun, entertaining movie that had stuff I like to see in it (Star Wars Stuff).

Fair enough. It wasn't as bad as Battlefield Earth but it was not much better. The writing was about the same, the lipstick on that pig was just a lot prettier.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Fair enough. It wasn't as bad as Battlefield Earth but it was not much better. The writing was about the same, the lipstick on that pig was just a lot prettier.
Naw.
The writing was much better from a conceptual and a creative narration standpoint. Dialog was better written. Human emotions were conveyed better and the beats of each "act" were actually in the right order in TLJ. You would be hard pressed to find a major motion picture that had fucked up narrative storytelling as bad as Battlefield Earth did in the original script.

I understand you dislike TLJ for "reasons" and since we are on the internet you need to be at one extreme or the other and that's cool, but I think if I linked you both scripts you would have a hard time making that argument make any real sense. If you really want to break out your red pen I guess you could break down Battlefield Earth and TLJ scene by scene and get back to me. I don't think either of us really care enough though. But I am just going to respect your opinion and walk down to the store and get some ice cream instead.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, I'd say that I'm more disappointed in the movie than thinking it's objectively bad in a Highlander 2 or Catwoman sort of way. It's a mediocre movie with some sort of interesting things in it, but it was also pretty heavy handed with things that have been written about plenty already and that definitely made for a much less enjoyable experience.The OT is a pretty high bar for a lot of people, particularly people in the demographic that this board largely represents and this movie falls short for most of these people, myself included.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Yeah, I'd say that I'm more disappointed in the movie than thinking it's objectively bad in a Highlander 2 or Catwoman sort of way. It's a mediocre movie with some sort of interesting things in it, but it was also pretty heavy handed with things that have been written about plenty already and that definitely made for a much less enjoyable experience.The OT is a pretty high bar for a lot of people, particularly people in the demographic that this board largely represents and this movie falls short for most of these people, myself included.
I think in 5-10 years when people are meming Episode 7, 8 and 9 and the canon has moved on to other shit (I want a fucking Bothan Spy hero on Coruscant doing Cyberpunk shit movie), you are going to find a lot of these "THIS MOVIE IS AIDS" comments are walked back by a mile.

The OT is a fucking mess. It's clunky, obviously made on the fly in certain scenes and just downright cheesy in others and we love it, but it has major flaws. Except for Empire which is the Greatest Movie Ever Made and I will literally fight anyone that disagrees.

I watched kids at a smaller theater here in LA going APESHIT over Solo (I was at a fancy private premier of TLJ so no kids around). Dressing up as him but with a lightsaber and asking if he was a Jedi and shit and just being kids in a fucking SpaceOpera world full of cool shit. Those kids are going to grow up thinking Episodes 14, 15 and 16 are "THE WORST THING EVER"!

• 2Picard

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Episode 8 will still be shit in 10 years regardless of where the universe goes from here. Bad writing ages worse than mediocre CGI and it's not like we suddenly stopped making fun of the prequel dialogue every time sand gets mentioned.

But it would be ironic if they reboot Back to the Future at some point and instead of Jaws 19 it's Star Wars 19.

• 3Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Battlefield earth had less plot holes and better pacing. It also had character arcs that resolved in ways other than to point out how bad characters failed. Battlefield Earth is objectively a better written and crafted movie than The Last Jedi. Let that sink in for a bit.

• 3Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd sit through an all day Battlefield Earth marathon before I'd watch TLJ even once.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Battlefield earth had less plot holes and better pacing. It also had character arcs that resolved in ways other than to point out how bad characters failed. Battlefield Earth is objectively a better written and crafted movie than The Last Jedi. Let that sink in for a bit.
I'm going to ahead and say you have read neither of their shooting scripts.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user