Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Sterling

El Presidente
The fighter jet simulator was impressive at least, dude learned how to fly a plane in like a few hours or whatever!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not trying to defend that pile of shit, but that was part of a montage where they were grabbing gold for John Travolta. Even if he were in there one day, its still more training than Mary Rei Sue got before schooling Old Man Han on how to fly his own fucking ship.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Entirely possible, it's been years. Also I feel like as bad as it is it's not as bad as Highlander 2 or Catwoman.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Entirely possible, it's been years. Also I feel like as bad as it is it's not as bad as Highlander 2 or Catwoman.

Catwoman did not crush hype and the hopes and childhood of a bunch of people, but it was objectively a worse movie.

Highlander 2 is a good comparison, because people loved the original fondly and it literally tossed out all of the world building with the whole "alien planet" retcon.... sort of like mitochlorians in the prequels or Brian Fagballs and Kennedy taking a giant shit on the entire setup JJ left for them with TFA.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Rey being able to fly the Falcon and not knowing why she could is just another plot point that that useless selfish twat Rian Johnson completely ignored so he could make a stand alone film and pretend it was part of a trilogy

gak

<Gold Donor>
Rey being able to fly the Falcon and not knowing why she could is just another plot point that that useless selfish twat Rian Johnson completely ignored

So she was an expert engineer and pilot, making Han and Chewie look like idiots, and they never explained it ?

I was cringing my way through these, so I had just assumed I missed the explanation.

star2.jpg

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
She bypassed having to train by converting her refunded SP from EVE's learning stats to the necessary pilot skills. Also likely grabbed some injectors during her corp theft escape and realized she should dump them into lightsaber combat after Kylo talked about training. All of her years on Jakku barely farming enough credits each month for PLEX paid off in the long run.

Then for the sequel they formed up to take Snoke's sov and she got backstabbed after.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
At least, we can all laugh of how absurd BE is, travolta's dialogues and performance in particular.
There is not a reedeming thing in TLJ...nothing!!!

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's amazing that the slave who learns how to pilot a jet in fucking Battlefield Earth had more training and character development than Rey.

Maybe L Ron Hubbard could write Episode 9. Starring Tom Cruise.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
Episode 8 will still be shit in 10 years regardless of where the universe goes from here. Bad writing ages worse than mediocre CGI and it's not like we suddenly stopped making fun of the prequel dialogue every time sand gets mentioned.

But it would be ironic if they reboot Back to the Future at some point and instead of Jaws 19 it's Star Wars 19.

I still think Anakin's dialogue is entirely appropriate for an angsty teen with no game, who was raised by monks who forbid intimate relationships. I mean, shit, I'm glad no one was following me around with a camera in my late teens.

It would have been completely unbelievable for him to be sauve like Han. This was literally the first girl he ever hit on. The arm chair Casanovas need to slow their roll.

• 1Salty

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I still think Anakin's dialogue is entirely appropriate for an angsty teen with no game, who was raised by monks who forbid intimate relationships. I mean, shit, I'm glad no one was following me around with a camera in my late teens.

It would have been completely unbelievable for him to be sauve like Han. This was literally the first girl he ever hit on. The arm chair Casanovas need to slow their roll.

I realize that absolutely nothing will ever penetrate the cloud of slavish fanboyism you float around in, but no. This theory might work if it wasn't for the fact that the writing was terrible all over the prequels, not just Anakin's lines. You're falling into the trap of trying to come up with complex answers when a simple one fits better. His lines weren't awkward because they specifically wrote him as an angsty teen raised by monks who forbid intimacy, his lines were awkward because the writing and direction was bad, just like it was throughout the rest of the prequel trilogy.

• 1Like

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
I realize that absolutely nothing will ever penetrate the cloud of slavish fanboyism you float around in, but no. This theory might work if it wasn't for the fact that the writing was terrible all over the prequels, not just Anakin's lines. You're falling into the trap of trying to come up with complex answers when a simple one fits better. His lines weren't awkward because they specifically wrote him as an angsty teen raised by monks who forbid intimacy, his lines were awkward because the writing and direction was bad, just like it was throughout the rest of the prequel trilogy.

And I realize that nothing will ever penetrate the cloud slavish hyperbole you float around in, where your dislike of a few moments means everything is shit. I have no problems with ANY of the dialogue. And as far as direction goes, some of the best scenes in movies, let alone Star Wars, can be found in the prequels. Guess he just got lucky, eh?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
SW threads never fail to deliver the lulz.

Stick to these threads, 'THE EDGE,' these antics are cheeky and fun. Your drivel in the politics thread is just cruel and tragic.

The Edge

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is more greatness in The Phantom Menace than in any of the Disney Star Wars movies combined.

Change my mind.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is more greatness in The Phantom Menace than in any of the Disney Star Wars movies combined.

Change my mind.

I don't particularly disagree with that statement, although that's a really low bar to get over. Even if the prequels were mostly crap at least Lucas aimed high and missed, there's some pride to be had in that. Abrams aimed low and hit his target, Johnson turned around and shot at the crowd. Saying something is better than the new trilogy is not exactly praise, The Last Airbender is a better movie than The Last Jedi.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users