Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So in the last few days they've blamed the now long dead gamergate for the backlash against star war and threatened fans with punishment for the backlash? Is it that hard to admit they made a bad movie? These people are retarded. Here's a great idea that I'm sure is coming next: Make Anita Sarkesian a spokesperson for the next film. I'm sure after general audiences listen to her talk it'll win fans back.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Disney CEO was already questioning whether its worth negatively criticizing older fans-- if there is any money in that. He made that clear to Kennedy that the leadership of Lucas Film should be more like their Marvel properties.

Rian and Kennedy will be emboldened now because of the fact an attempt to replace Kennedy has recently flopped, majorly. She came out more vindicated than ever, and may present herself as untouchable now.

Expect an all out media war.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
now Rian Johnson is bellying up to the well of knowledge that is Jonathan McIntosh.
Dh2mqQ1U0AEhrnf.jpg

• 4Picard
  • 2Worf
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The Disney CEO was already questioning whether its worth negatively criticizing older fans-- if there is any money in that. He made that clear to Kennedy that the leadership of Lucas Film should be more like their Marvel properties.

Rian and Kennedy will be emboldened now because of the fact an attempt to replace Kennedy has recently flopped, majorly. She came out more vindicated than ever, and may present herself as untouchable now.

Expect an all out media war.
the Star Wars Franchise used to be the benchmark for success. HOW THE FUCK DID THEY HAND OVER THIS IP TO THESE CHUCKLEFUCKS?

• 2Like

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
How does a media war help them. Alienate all the former star wars fans and completely lose a portion of them, in hopes of what? Making that revenue up with new fans? The new fans would have come anyway, why get rid of the old ones!?

It's not like Star Wars needs help advertising. It's fucking Star Wars. A media war isn't going to "get its name out there", it's just going to get a bunch of people talking shit about Star Wars before episode 9 comes out.

I could understand if they don't want to admit they made a bad film. Fine, just don't say anything. Get your crew (ie Rian Johnson) up there to just cool it on replying to the people criticizing the movie. Tell them to only tweet promotional episode 9 related things when it comes to talking about Star Wars. Then just focus on making a good movie. Doubling down on the bullshit is just going to further separate the fans from Lucasfilm and do more damage to the franchise moving forward.

Nothing they are doing makes any sense at all. It's like they are trying to write a book on how to fuck up a once untouchable franchise.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's no 'might' about it. The prequels are masterpieces compared to Ep 8.

• 6Solidarity
  • 6Like
Reactions: 11 users

Fadaar

That guy
I don't know about masterpieces, but at least each prequel film moved the story forward in a logical way. Although we already knew how it was going to end up by the end of episode 3, at least shit made sense.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
now Rian Johnson is bellying up to the well of knowledge that is Jonathan McIntosh.
Dh2mqQ1U0AEhrnf.jpg

I'm not sure I want another glimpse into the mind of Mcintosh but what is this misreading? The Emperor tempts Luke and unlike his father Luke does not fall. When the Emperor goes to kill Luke his father sacrifices himself to save the life of his son and in doing so redeems himself. Evil is thwarted and then thwarted again.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't know about masterpieces, but at least each prequel film moved the story forward in a logical way. Although we already knew how it was going to end up by the end of episode 3, at least shit made sense.

Story-telling has become a novelty next to the almighty Message.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user