Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Kidding aside, I am sadly forced to agree that E3 (the only moderately watchable prequel because Pappa Palpatine rocks it) is definitively better than TLJ. I won't be watching E1-2 or TLJ ever again to decide which shitshow is worse. I leave that to the true starwars masochists.
Palpatine was definitely the best parts of the prequels and better than any character in the disney star wars. a classic villain you could love and hate at the same time. anyone give a shit about padme, jar jar or quigon? he was better than Snoke, though Snoke had potential in a Thanos sort of way. how many people would have lost their shit if it turned out that Thanos WAS really Snoke? the nerd rage and boners over this crossover between franchises would have been epic.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I saw this on Netflix this past weekend and figured it was time to give it a watch. I will admit that I went in completely biased from all the bashing this movie has received from various internet shitlords. I only made it about 20 minutes in. That very early scene where Poe is pretending he can't hear The First Order commander guy was so out of place, I had a feeling that I knew we were off to a bad start.

Yeah. Imagine if we had a snarky, rogue-like character giving shit to someone over a radio in the OT. The nerd rage would have been pretty insufferable...

• 4Picard
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Big difference between Han trying and failing and it becoming comic relief and yo mama joke between Poe and hux which was fucking cringe worthy.

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Big difference between Han trying and failing and it becoming comic relief and yo mama joke between Poe and hux which was fucking cringe worthy.
Yeah.

You're not a kid anymore and now a bitter, cynical old man that cant just enjoy Star Wars people doing Star Wars shit. There was no yo mamma joke, you just need to bandwagon hate. It's cool man.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah. Imagine if we had a snarky, rogue-like character giving shit to someone over a radio in the OT. The nerd rage would have been pretty insufferable...

Giving a well-done example makes my case even better. Thanks.

Also, you are being a faggot and leaving out where I clearly said: " Star Wars has always had comedic moments, but this was like some bad sitcom shit with the bumbling bad guy looking completely retarded. "

• 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I wish there were star wars people doing star wars things in this movie.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Giving a well-done example makes my case even better. Thanks.
Dude you're the one saying cheeky guy doing cheeky shit over a radio was just SO "out of place" it made you turn it off.

Let the hate flow through you buddy.

• 2Dislike
  • 2EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Going to have to disagree with you on this one Scream. As others noted, it's one thing for Han to fail trying to act nonchalant to some random peon button pusher, it's quite another when it's Poe and the head hancho of the First Order military running a Bart Simpson prank call gag.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Going to have to disagree with you on this one Scream. As others noted, it's one thing for Han to fail trying to act nonchalant to some random peon button pusher, it's quite another when it's Poe and the head hancho of the First Order military running a Bart Simpson prank call gag.
So Soy turned the movie off because Hux wasn't cool enough while getting trolled?

Whew lad.

If he hadn't turned it off he would have a few more scenes of this Ultimate Badass Hux getting his shit pushed in by Kylo which gave you a clearer picture of Hux the Cuck.

Too bad for him.

• 3Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

So Soy turned the movie off because Hux wasn't cool enough while getting trolled?

Whew lad.

If he hadn't turned it off he would have a few more scenes of this Ultimate Badass Hux getting his shit pushed in by Kylo which gave you a clearer picture of Hux the Cuck.

Too bad for him.

I didn't read to see he had turned it off. Obviously I watched the whole movie, wasn't like the joke itself was a movie killer for me. There was all the bad plot decisions and pointless side quests with bad character development (all my opinion of course) that helped kill it for me. That joke didn't help though. Certainly not right at the start. Made it hard to take a lot of it seriously.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I didn't read to see he had turned it off. Obviously I watched the whole movie, wasn't like the joke itself was a movie killer for me. There was all the bad plot decisions and pointless side quests with bad character development (all my opinion of course) that helped kill it for me. That joke didn't help though. Certainly not right at the start. Made it hard to take a lot of it seriously.
Yeah the gay gold robot doing robot talk with a trashcan on wheels in the first scene in ANH had a lot more gravitas. How dare I.

• 2Dislike
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF

Merrith

Yeah the gay gold robot doing robot talk with a trashcan on wheels in the first scene in ANH had a lot more gravitas. How dare I.

That's who 3PO is, and is supposed to be throughout all the movies. Quite different than General Hux getting turned into Moe from the Simpsons. Sorry man, it just came off different and bad to myself and many others. Again wasn't like that was the worst part of the movie by any stretch. It just was a warning sign that was quickly followed up on with actual bad.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
That's who 3PO is, and is supposed to be throughout all the movies. Quite different than General Hux getting turned into Moe from the Simpsons. Sorry man, it just came off different and bad to myself and many others. Again wasn't like that was the worst part of the movie by any stretch. It just was a warning sign that was quickly followed up on with actual bad.
Uhh...

At no point in TFA are we shown that Hux is some witty badass. Hes a dope that Kylo walks all over. He got one complimentary remark from Snoke and still fucked up his orders.

I mean, unless you REALLY liked that red banner speech he gave or something.

Hux is an idiot, Poe is a smart ass. That scene reflected exactly that. Did you guys watch these movies?

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Uhh...

At no point in TFA are we shown that Hux is some witty badass. Hes a dope that Kylo walks all over. He got one complimentary remark from Snoke and still fucked up his orders.

Hux is an idiot, Poe is a smart ass. That scene reflected exactly that. Did you guys watch these movies?
While I feel like people are shitting on this movie more than it probably deserves, the movie just feels much different than the OT did and it's not just nostalgia. Those old movies hold up and I'd have a hard time believing there will be anywhere near as large a group of people that hold this Disney trilogy in such esteem 20 years from now.

As an aside they're doing more Clone Wars and it looks great.

• 1Like

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Uhh...

Hux is:
wikipedia said:
a ruthless commander in a power struggle with Kylo Ren for the First Order leadership, and being exceeded only by Supreme Leader Snoke

The only thing missing from Hux's scenes in TLJ was a laugh track.

I saw TFA. I saw Rogue One. I went into TLJ with very low expectations. The "your momma" joke right at the beginning of TLJ was all I needed to know that the movie was garbage. Period.

Do you have more than one brain cell? If you do, you need to use both of them to come up with some better troll bait, cause your current bullshit is weak af.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Salty

spronk

FPS noob
2a0SZpj.gif

• 13Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Do you have more than one brain cell? If you do, you need to use both of them to come up with some better troll bait, cause your current bullshit is weak af.

If you're going to use wikipedia as your super dope Macguffin, maybe see what it says about Rey, Rose and Holdo. You know, all those characters you love to shit on. It makes them sound pretty cool. So, good source homie.

It's ok man. You hate. I don't. When the next one comes out and you totally dont see it (or turn it off in the first 5 minutes, [you and i both know you're doing neither]) that has literally zero effect on the fact that I enjoy Star Wars.

You know I enjoyed the pod racing too. Try to keep the red mist at bay.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
  • 1Dislike

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
1-2 more movies and this will be a netflix franchise or straight to dvd.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you're going to use wikipedia as your super dope Macguffin, maybe see what it says about Rey, Rose and Holdo. You know, all those characters you love to shit on. It makes them sound pretty cool. So, good source homie.

So like, the entire rest of the move was lame as fucking fuck too? Whoa. Mind blown.

There needs to be a /yawn reaction.

• 1Like