Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I don't have any problems with the silly jokes in the Star Wars movies (Jar Jar ones aside). It's just that, at that time and place, in the very opening scene it completely ruined the gravitas of the moment for me. It would be like if during the Kylo contemplating killing mom scene one of the other TIE pilots radio'd Kylo and said "haha, yo mama so fat she makes her own airlock." I get that you didn't have a problem with it, but for me it was so jarring I had a hard time getting back into it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hey man, you want to believe Hux is the same as Tarkin, I'm not stopping you. Just dont come in here all "Hux was a BADASS!" Take that baby shit outta here.

I never said Tarkin, you're quoting others there. Nor did I come in and say he was a badass. Keep up Scream. None of the comparisons you've tried to make have been apples to apples, and you're smart enough to know that.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I never said Tarkin, you're quoting others there. Nor did I come in and say he was a badass. Keep up Scream. None of the comparisons you've tried to make have been apples to apples, and you're smart enough to know that.
Sure they are. People are just blinded by Nostalgia.

Tarkin was a fuck up too (blowing up Alderaan before even checking on the Dantooine info?....cmon bro) and the only reason Vader even remotely respected the guy and didn't choke him out at meetings (you know like he did with the mouthy ADMIRAL OF THE ENTIRE FLEET) was because they served in the Clone Wars together.

The point is that Hux is no less a bumbling fuck up of an imperial officer like all the rest and so to assume he should have some kind of awesome badass quip when Poe is trolling him is just dumb.

TFA - Rey is a Mary Sue

No she is not!

Content of TFA says she is!

Wait for the next movie...

TLJ - Rey is ultra Mary Sue

NO /SHE/ IS NOT

wtfbbq?

Character /growth/ did not happen - character regression and stagnation happend - you can argue that the regression was progression - but most if not all of the characters set up to grow were flat as fuck, killed or confirmed to be nothing more than placeholders that are meaningless to tell the space SJW narrative.

LULZULZUZLUZZL U ALL DONT LIKE VAGINAS IN UR STARWARS

I do not see ANYONE shitting on Mara Jade, fuck she was in that fighting game on PlayStation and was awesome - people loved her in that silly game and then read the EU stuff to know more about her etc. no one had a problem with her. We have a problem with Rey because she is a 200% Mary Sue character and the SJWs are digging their heels in so fucking deep into NO SHE IS NOT and the only "reason" is "she is female" - like, stop changing words and meanings to suit your narratives - liberals.
Luke and Anakin are both MUCH bigger Mary Sues but for some reason no one ever talks about them....

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Tarkin was a fuck up too (blowing up Alderaan before even checking on the Dantooine info?....cmon bro) and the only reason Vader even remotely respected the guy and didn't choke him out at meetings (you know like he did with the mouthy ADMIRAL OF THE ENTIRE FLEET) was because they served in the Clone Wars together.

The point is that Hux is no less a bumbling fuck up of an imperial officer like all the rest and so to assume he should have some kind of awesome badass quip when Poe is trolling him is just dumb.

Luke and Anakin are both MUCH bigger Mary Sues but for some reason no one ever talks about them....
Didn't Tarkin outrank Vader?

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

Luke you could show some examples and stretch things to explain him fitting the common definition - but it is "explained" also via his lineage

Anakin is explained via his lineage "JESUS FORCE BABY" AND the many, many years of training that happens from Ep1 to 2 and the years he was fighting the clone wars between 2 and 3 etc.. so...no on that one.

Neither are "Bigger" Mary Sues than Rey - who has no explanation given in 2 movies other than she, randomly is the choice of "the light side" to rise up counter to the dark.

So if that single explanation vs. everything we see in Ep4 and 5 for Luke, and everything we see in Ep1 and 2 for Anakin is somehow making luke/vader MORE mary sue than rey- then I just cant even...

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So you have no idea who some of those people I named are? Copy that. Again, have you watched Star Wars or just learned it based on web comments?

Oh the irony - you're naming Imperial characters that were mostly unnamed in the films and asking me if I've watched the movies?

As we presumably both lean more to the Left than most here then I've had no reason to challenge you before, but I stand by my earlier comment that you really are as dumb as people think

• 3Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Oh the irony - you're naming Imperial characters that were mostly unnamed in the films and asking me if I've watched the movies?
So we've gone from "unnamed" to "mostly unnamed". Progress with you will be slow, but we will get there. Sorry you are butthurt by canon man.

As we presumably both lean more to the Left than most here then I've had no reason to challenge you before
What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Kinda. In the Clone Wars it's clear that Tarkin was valued by The Emperor, but if Vader just dropped him for "reasons", I don't think Palpatine is coming heavy back on Vader for it. Same with Kylo, Snoke and Hux.

Anakin is explained via his lineage "JESUS FORCE BABY" AND the many, many years of training that happens from Ep1 to 2 and the years he was fighting the clone wars between 2 and 3 etc.. so...no on that one.

No? No to an EIGHT YEAR OLD SLAVE TAKING DOWN AN ENTIRE ARMADA ON ACCIDENT?

Get the fuck out of here dude.

• 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Neither are "Bigger" Mary Sues than Rey - who has no explanation given in 2 movies other than she, randomly is the choice of "the light side" to rise up counter to the dark.
You need to view the supplemental material for Rey's storyline on why she is the most powerful force user in the galaxy.

6aw3vw8uep501.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 7 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am honestly shocked that people here keep assuming Rey's gender. The force is infinite genders you damn shitlords.

• 2Solidarity

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Hux is a General.
Tarkin was a Governor that became Grand Moff who takes orders from no one other than the Emperor.
They are not even remotely on the same level.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the Empire is military, serving under Palpy. Vader was basically the Emperor's muscle. that all went out the window though after New Hope. he was so popular he became the commander of the military from then on.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Now who didn't watch the movies? Tarkin even notes if the Rebel base was at Dantooine it was far too remote for a proper demonstration, Alderaan was toast the second she said Dantooine (cmon bro).

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Now who didn't watch the movies? Tarkin even notes if the Rebel base was at Dantooine it was far too remote for a proper demonstration, Alderaan was toast the second she said Dantooine (cmon bro).
Alderaan was toast no matter what. But blowing up Alderaan as a "ploy" against Leia... C'mon. It wasn't some stroke of genius, it was just Tarkin torturing Leia. All that did was galvanize Leia more so Tarkin could look "scary".

It was also a stupid military move that just entrenched the Rebels more.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The last few movies were shit and income reflects that, anyone defending this shit is supporting their favorite franchise being run into the ground.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
The last few movies were shit and income reflects that, anyone defending this shit is supporting their favorite franchise being run into the ground.
Lol.

1.8 Billion dollars for TLJ and Solo. Come up with a new thing to irrationally hate. You know you're watching IX in the theater bro.