Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I still haven't even seen Solo, fuck these tools.
i havent seen it either, i had no intention of seeing it, i saw the RLM review and thats where i learned about DM. they actually made Solo sound like it was ok. i'll probably check it out when it comes to video.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Solo was night and day better than TLJ. Sure you can pull parts out of it to fit anyone's agenda (feminist droid rights, etc...), but overall it was a fun movie.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Solo was actually decent. Yes there was dumb shit in it but they explored something that had not been explored int he movies which is the seedy underbelly of the SW Universe and it was actually interesting. Ironically the boring shit was Solo himself but there was a lot of neat shit in the film. If they managed to make the film 25 years ago when Harrison Ford maybe could have pulled off the look but it would probably have ended up being pretty awesome, as my main complaint was the actor playing Han.

As for TLJ, the director used to follow RLM on twitter and responded he feared for his own Plinkett review. He since stopped following them awhile back but I imagine he watched it. I cant imagine he will ever respond about it though

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't recall hearing from anyone that Solo was "Last Jedi bad" it simply fell into the 5-7 range where some think it is okay and others think it is bad. But that is the whole point it takes real dedicated effort to take an expected 7+ and have it fall all the way down to "Last Jedi bad" on the scale. One or two people alone can't do it you need enablers and studio execs to look the other way as you roll in to shitsville.

Bottom line is people these days don't want to pay to see 5-7 flicks.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
I finished watching TLJ on Netflix. What a turd. My single question is this: Did Rian Johnson know there is supposed to be another movie in this trilogy? Even dismissing all the really lame dialogue and subplots, what is even left to give a fuck about at this point? Rey and Kylo? CGI Leia?

It's because he's a selfish cunt and only cared about his movie and not the movie before or the movie after his

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
This is still the most foul movie I've ever seen. An absolute disgrace.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I finished watching TLJ on Netflix. What a turd. My single question is this: Did Rian Johnson know there is supposed to be another movie in this trilogy? Even dismissing all the really lame dialogue and subplots, what is even left to give a fuck about at this point? Rey and Kylo? CGI Leia?

Rian had wrote another script just prior to becoming director of TLJ, it was a sci-fi movie...

The ideas and some of the scenes from that movie (as well as the themes) were borrowed from this stand-alone movie that he had already developed. He retrofitted "Star Wars" skin on his movie script. Very minor changes were done to this piece of shit generic sci-fi movie script to make it "fit" into the 2nd film in a trilogy of a fucking blockbuster franchise.

It was part of the reason why the TLJ script was completed and turned in "READY TO GO" to KK so quickly..

Hes a little man monster. He wanted to make HIS movie, fuck Star Wars. That's really all it comes down to as Jive Turkey said.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
nobody has reprised a role they took as a much younger person and made it work. cept Sly. i heard Patrick Stewart is coming back to Star Trek on TV after 20+ years, will be interesting to see if he could pull it off.

Apropos of nothing star wars related, but I do agree with this little tangent. However, there is a big advantage Sly had over anyone else trying to bring a decades old franchise into the modern day and that is that he created and wrote the character originally. Then after he revived the series, he handed it off and helped produce a new generation for it (and is now back writing for Creed 2). Sylvester Stallone is a treasure.

• 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As for TLJ, the director used to follow RLM on twitter and responded he feared for his own Plinkett review. He since stopped following them awhile back but I imagine he watched it. I cant imagine he will ever respond about it though
Holy shit!! Ahahahah

spronk

FPS noob
‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Is the Best-Selling Blu-ray of 2018

1. Star Wars: The Last Jedi – 3.01 million units sold
  2. Black Panther – 2.62 million
  3. Thor: Ragnarok – 2.34 million
  4. Coco – 2.25 million
  5. The Greatest Showman – 1.75 million
  6. Justice League – 1.54 million
  7. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle – 1.38 million
  8. It – 921,473
  9. Blade Runner 2049 – 827,421
  10. Ferdinand – 688,996
a bit misleading though, only until July 8th - 9 weeks of sale as opposed to 17 weeks from TLJ.

TLJ's BR sales to TFA and RO during the same time:

Week 17 TFA - 5,085,842
Week 17 TLJ - 3,019,432
Week 17 RO - 2,866,907

Infinity War and Black Panther should easily surpass TLJ once the timelines match up.

also kind of means DVD/UHD sales don't matter much anymore, 3m units sold is ~$60m which is ok but I imagine dwarfed by purchases/rents on iTunes, Vudu, amazon, etc for digital stream

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I haven't purchased TLJ, but I do own RO. It will likely remain un-owned, and don't think I'd even accept it as a gift. I'd probably be offended if someone were to buy me a copy.

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande

Rockeyeroll4.gif
Rockeyeroll4.gif
Rockeyeroll4.gif
Rockeyeroll4.gif
Rockeyeroll4.gif

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I really can't stand people defending this shit.
Just the Leia poppins crap, completely and utterly destroyed the movie.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users