Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If the next movie is disappointing Bob Iger might get heat from investors for not doing something about Kennedy. They cant be happy with their 4 billion investment being crapped on.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Who, in his/her normal state of mind, will by a BR of TLJ???

Easy. What you gonna get for your kid?

Its the Star Wars brand. Its an easy grab. Are you going to get the Bladerunner 2049 or the Star Wars? Its a no-brainer.

I had at least 2 TFA related gifts when Star Wars came back out, them not knowing my stance on the current movies. I actually had to speak up a little bit after that and felt bad about having to do it, but I really didn't want any more post-TFA era stuff. It had to be done.

This year I got an original A Hope Awakens limited edition 1977 full cinema length and sized promotional poster instead. Original print run, framed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Easy. What you gonna get for your kid?

Its the Star Wars brand. Its an easy grab. Are you going to get the Bladerunner 2049 or the Star Wars? Its a no-brainer.

I had at least 2 TFA related gifts when Star Wars came back out, them not knowing my stance on the current movies. I actually had to speak up a little bit after that and felt bad about having to do it, but I really didn't want any more post-TFA era stuff. It had to be done.

This year I got an original A Hope Awakens limited edition 1977 full cinema length and sized promotional poster instead. Original print run, framed.
Its not 1977, its 2018; There are dozens of things I am going to buy for my kids before I buy TLJ. Incredibles 2, How to Train Your Dragon whatever, Pokemon whatever, The list goes on and on. If I had to choose between BR2049 and TLJ, I will choose: Neither.
BR2049- A movie that tries to be a serious movie that asks a similar question to the original but goes in new directions, attempts to surprise its audience but also respects its original audience, and combines that with some amazing visuals.
TLJ- A movie that takes what was set up in the previous movie, provides the slightest bit of fan service but then attempts to undercut its audiences' expectations in the most hostile fashion possible and essentially breaks most of the continuity from the previous 7 films while also injection social justice and current-day politics into a 4-decade old franchise.

EDIT: I am actually a big fan of Denis Villeneuve, and own BR2049. I just won't show it to my kids and expect them to enjoy it.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Prediction: Her acceptance speech will be a 15 minute rant about the importance of women in Hollywood.

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Taking bets on whether or not she wears a t-shirt to the Oscars thats says "Oscar is female."

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
What what whaaaat.

Parallels between Spaceballs and The Last Jedi. (8 images)

VMJPf6U.png

72LYTo8.png

tmdAUSY.png

I37SdF0.png

E4kxsx5.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its not so much a ripoff of Spaceballs, but is the same spoof Spaceballs did of Star Wars. so yeah they made mel brooks tell Lone Star that his ring of the schwartz was just a prop, much like Luke's Jedi training of Rey was pointless or Dark Helmet telling Lone Star,

Dark Helmet: I am your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate.
Lone Star: So what does that make us?
Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing.

to Ren,

Kylo Ren: Do you know the truth about your parents? Or have you always known? You've just hidden it away. Say it.
Rey: [in tears] They were nobody.
Kylo Ren: They were filthy junk traders. Sold you off for drinking money. They're dead in a pauper's grave in the Jakku desert. You come from nothing. You're nothing. But not to me.

the real point, is this movie didnt take an original twist on the franchise, all of it was recycled bullshit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
As RLM said, TLJ is pretty much a comedy flick. It's not so far fetched that Johnson would have drawn from a Star Wars parody for ideas.

spronk

FPS noob
Bob Iger Talks Disney's Streaming Service, 'Roseanne,' James Gunn and a Coming 'Star Wars' "Slowdown"
Many believe Disney should pump the breaks and not put out a Star Wars movie each year.

I made the timing decision, and as I look back, I think the mistake that I made — I take the blame — was a little too much, too fast. You can expect some slowdown, but that doesn't mean we're not going to make films. J.J. [Abrams] is busy making [Episode] IX. We have creative entities, including [Game of Thrones creators David] Benioff and [D.B.] Weiss, who are developing sagas of their own, which we haven't been specific about. And we are just at the point where we're going to start making decisions about what comes next after J.J.'s. But I think we're going to be a little bit more careful about volume and timing. And the buck stops here on that.

Interesting that they mention the GoT movies but don't mention at all the Rian Johnson trilogy, wonder if its still going ahead or dead

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Bob Iger Talks Disney's Streaming Service, 'Roseanne,' James Gunn and a Coming 'Star Wars' "Slowdown"
Many believe Disney should pump the breaks and not put out a Star Wars movie each year.

I made the timing decision, and as I look back, I think the mistake that I made — I take the blame — was a little too much, too fast. You can expect some slowdown, but that doesn't mean we're not going to make films. J.J. [Abrams] is busy making [Episode] IX. We have creative entities, including [Game of Thrones creators David] Benioff and [D.B.] Weiss, who are developing sagas of their own, which we haven't been specific about. And we are just at the point where we're going to start making decisions about what comes next after J.J.'s. But I think we're going to be a little bit more careful about volume and timing. And the buck stops here on that.

Interesting that they mention the GoT movies but don't mention at all the Rian Johnson trilogy, wonder if its still going ahead or dead
We pray the latter.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Fucking shitshow. Total denial. You could put out a SW movie every month and they would do fine if they were GOOD movies. Take some fucking responsibility.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There is some sense in letting the rebirth of the franchise settle in before pumping out too much based on it. It's like they started off midway into the MU levels of production, without the earlier movies proving that there's a stable foothold. I agree that TLJ being garbage and Solo not being that great is the bigger issue, but it doesn't change the impact of flooding the consumer interest levels.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
There is some sense in letting the rebirth of the franchise settle in before pumping out too much based on it. It's like they started off midway into the MU levels of production, without the earlier movies proving that there's a stable foothold. I agree that TLJ being garbage and Solo not being that great is the bigger issue, but it doesn't change the impact of flooding the consumer interest levels.

TLJ and Solo being shit are fact, based on evidence. "Too much SW" is bullshit smokescreen with nothing to back it up. Nothing.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Kind of interesting how poorly Solo did when it's miles better than TLJ ever could hope to be. Not that it was great, but it was at least a passable movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user