Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If we keep adding super weapons, are we gonna get a movie where the super weapons fight each other?

Maybe a post-planetary galaxy where only massive super weapons roam, fighting over the last fuel and resources. Could have peter jackson direct.
This is what it's like when worldssuper weapons collide!

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I thought the Riddick movies were good space operas.

The Riddick movies were fun, but Valerian, John Carter, and Jupiter Ascending has likely killed any chance of seeing more of these types of movies in the near future outside of the Avatar sequels and whatever shit Disney craps out for SW.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
As far as leaks out of Pinewood studios editing room, 9 will be focus on Kylo Ren, Vader, and Anakin's relationship. The Kylo arc will continue. Redemption, maybe. Its looking like he's spending a portion of 9 conflicted perhaps building up to a climax of redemption. Either way we have lots of Luke, Hayden/Vader screentime confirmed if you trust the Pinewood studios source.

Nothing hard on Thrawn yet, just Mike Zeroh's anonymous source and the tweet, along with the casting of a IRL duplicate of Thrawn. Its enough for me that if the Pinewood source says anything about Thrawn I will take it as a 100% confirmation. Just too much surmounting evidence in favor of Thrawn being casted in 9, including some of JJ Abrams allusions to fan fare.

The first trailer drops during Superbowl weekend and is expected to reveal Lando Calrissian, and potentially hint at either Darth Plagueis or another big bad.

To me this just goes to show you how simple the formula is when developing the heart of the story. There's no doubt an entire project/movie is far more complicated and extensive but adding Vader/Anakin, Thrawn, Lando, and Plagueis are all the right ingredients. They add validity and help generate a payoff to the more original decisions they're making to establish a long term story and carry on the franchise.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm rather surprised they haven't just cannibalized willy nilly the juicier fruit from the otherwise dismissed EU content. There is a ton of really good stuff in there that makes sense on the grand scale, and even if it needed some tweaking or spin to fit with Disney's vision, for the most part would just immediately mesh and slot in where they need it. I haven't come close to reading a quarter of the EU stuff, maybe not even a tenth, but even just as a baseline or if it was just used as inspiration, what I have read is definitely better than TLJ.

I think my favorite set of EU Star Wars books were the X-Wing Novels that started with Rogue Squadron. not necessarily because they were the best, but they scratched every itch I didn't even know I had when I read them. The bit I think Luke finds about one of Corran Horn's Jedi ancestors getting ambushed by Sith was so good. Corran Horn was from the Halcyon force user lineage, a lineage that had a surprising aptitude force absorption, but no talent or ability with telekinesis, we are talking struggle to move small objects if at all. His great great something or other and some Jedi friends, get their ass's whipped by these Sith, until his great great grandsire gets impaled on a lightsaber and slrrrrrrrrrrrrrp! extinguishes the blade via Force Absorb on crack, and proceeds to use that overload of energy to bolster his telekinesis to the point that he just Force Crush's the rest of the Sith that had been attacking them. 16 year old me had a nerdrection that could have impregnated the entire internet.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
I want the scene of the Lusankya coming out from underneath Coruscant and blasting it's way into space to happen

Caliane

If we keep adding super weapons, are we gonna get a movie where the super weapons fight each other?

Maybe a post-planetary galaxy where only massive super weapons roam, fighting over the last fuel and resources. Could have peter jackson direct.
Isn't that the plot of Transformers?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Plot of Transformers is that X years ago the Transformers first came to earth and left Y mcguffin behind, now an evil Decepticon seeks to use that power to turn Earth into a new Cybertron. Roll a dice and choose a historical era, Ancient Egypt? King Arthur? Dinosaurs? Who cares!

• 2Like

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I swear JJ has got a huge obstacle ahead of him to unfuck everything from Ruin Johnson's Last Jedi debacle, I saw a few articles on the return of Snoke though how's that gonna happen is anyone's guess. Is Ruin still involved in the franchise? I heard Disney scrapped his new trilogy but nothing on giving him to boot.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Remember when the North Koreans bricked all of Sony Picture's computers but they still had the employees show up for work and do nothing all day? I *hope* that is what is happening to Johnson, but given the example and the fact he is also the North Koreans I don't know why ninja mice don't just assassinate him.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I swear JJ has got a huge obstacle ahead of him to unfuck everything from Ruin Johnson's Last Jedi debacle, I saw a few articles on the return of Snoke though how's that gonna happen is anyone's guess. Is Ruin still involved in the franchise? I heard Disney scrapped his new trilogy but nothing on giving him to boot.
its entirely possible, for Snoke to come back, as i mentioned earlier. Snoke and Luke are the true poles of The Force. we know nothing about Snoke, he might be some kind of Immortal creature and Luke has no reason to be dead.
"i used too much Force" is fucking bullshit he must thought up in a a random moment on the shitter. you dont have a Force supply. fucking Yoda even said, "A Jedi's strength flows from the Force.". a Jedi or a Sith Lord can tap into the Force, but he cant take too much of it or run out, he can only use the amount he is able to tap into. fucking Yoda was 800 years old, he could have gone hundreds of years without the need for the force and he kept on trucking.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

When a libtard speaks truth to the rian-slopknobbers that can't see hamill trolling...

Screenshot_20181106-064150.png

• 4Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Kinda strange that there hasn't been already a teaser released for the next shitfest by Cunt Kennedy.