Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

iannis

Musty Nester
It was like watching a slow motion car wreck.

In many ways even worse than the prequels. At least all the prequels did was ruin darth vader and the concept of Jedi. This one managed to ruin Leia and Luke at the same time while further ruining Jedi.

It's fucked up too. Because that scene right in the middle is where the movie -really- became unsalvagable. If they'd taken the Rey/Darth Emo scene and twisted it the other way it could have easily been the BEST star wars installment since Empire.

If they'd had the balls to change the formula.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was like watching a slow motion car wreck.

In many ways even worse than the prequels. At least all the prequels did was ruin darth vader and the concept of Jedi. This one managed to ruin Leia and Luke at the same time while further ruining Jedi.

It's fucked up too. Because that scene right in the middle is where the movie -really- became unsalvagable. If they'd taken the Rey/Darth Emo scene and twisted it the other way it could have easily been the BEST star wars installment since Empire.

If they'd had the balls to change the formula.
if had killed off rey and kylo, then they really would have subverted expectations and actually made Luke get off his ass to have a showdown with Snoke as it was supposed to go down.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Goonsquad Officer
on a podcast last night i learned that (some how?) Disney doesn't own streaming rights on the starwars movies. So when their platform comes out they're making new starwars serieses without that weird caveat so they can stream them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
on a podcast last night i learned that (some how?) Disney doesn't own streaming rights on the starwars movies. So when their platform comes out they're making new starwars serieses without that weird caveat so they can stream them.
Last I heard Fox had the Theater/DVD/Bluray distribution rights and Spike/TNT had the TV rights. Disney was/is in negotiations to get all those rights back. That was a few months ago, no idea where it stands now.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
if had killed off rey and kylo, then they really would have subverted expectations and actually made Luke get off his ass to have a showdown with Snoke as it was supposed to go down.
WTF response not out of disapproval, but mindblowing- I never thought of that potentially and it would have been awesome.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
WTF response not out of disapproval, but mindblowing- I never thought of that potentially and it would have been awesome.
Luke v Snoke was the obvious showdown we were meant to see this movie or be set up for the next one. i was just being obnoxious about killing off Mary Sue and Mary Jew, those two muppets are the "future" of this franchise. Still, Luke needed to slap on his lightsaber one last time to stop Snoke from doing something something mcguffin whatever.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Star wars just keeps getting worse and worse. Shut up Hamill.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Honestly I feel like Hamill's retarded ideas can't be any worse than George's retarded ideas and are unquestionably better than Rian's retarded ideas.

• 8Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

This is a troll and a very obvious shot at TLJ. Over the last year everyone has become accustomed to his politically correct passive-aggressive undertones, and at this point stuff like this just comes across at flagrant.

Mark's a comedic genius-- but he's pushing it now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah... Mark probably just needs to chill as he's risking going from witty, comedic jabs too annoying. I've enjoyed some of his quips but it's getting old and not funny. Mark is a guy I want on our side because the fans need an advocate of sorts with a little name power but some of this is just stupid. I hope Mark tones it down some.

spronk

FPS noob
i'll take anything he says cuz he has no real power and its obvious kennedy hates him so anything he does that pisses her off is cool with me

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I know it's been beat to death, but I had a realization yesterday. Movies like the Matrix sequels, or the Star Wars prequels or Alien movies after Aliens... They're not good. But I'll own them on bluray at $5 each, or not change the channel if there's nothing else on. I saw the 4K copy of TLJ and realized I probably won't even buy it from the discount bin. There's not a whole lot of visual content to appreciate to warrant the purchase, like Ready Player One (which is also not a good movie imo). The light speed attack, or the salt planet were decent visually, sure, but I don't need to see Marry Poppins the Jedi or big whale titties in UltraHD with HDR. It's no longer just a shitty movie, but one I am actively repulsed by.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I know it's been beat to death, but I had a realization yesterday. Movies like the Matrix sequels, or the Star Wars prequels or Alien movies after Aliens... They're not good. But I'll own them on bluray at $5 each, or not change the channel if there's nothing else on. I saw the 4K copy of TLJ and realized I probably won't even buy it from the discount bin. There's not a whole lot of visual content to appreciate to warrant the purchase, like Ready Player One (which is also not a good movie imo). The light speed attack, or the salt planet were decent visually, sure, but I don't need to see Marry Poppins the Jedi or big whale titties in UltraHD with HDR. It's no longer just a shitty movie, but one I am actively repulsed by.

Watched about 1/3 to 1/2 of the movie when it first came out on Netflix and still haven't seen the whole thing.

Not out of protest or anything, just honestly got bored and haven't cared enough to finish it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Strange it’s fully in stock but nerf guns and avengers are sold out.

1542661044824.jpeg

1542661384245.jpeg

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It's LEGO, so I'm actually kinda curious to see how it mocks the movie like they've done with most of their other variants.