Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I liked TLJ (not as much as TFA, or the OG trilogy) and the ending of LOST.

• 2Picard
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Anyone that has kids or enjoys a star wars from time to time will watch one of the originals and forever be triggered by this abomination.

Even the film considered the weakest, RotJ, has some great dialogue and pacing leading to Luke’s confrontation with Vader/Palpatine. You take stuff like “if you don’t join then maybe she will” with the music and the setup vs. kill the hate with love suicide plane and it’s just rape of our past.

If your past wasn’t raped by this, then you’ve been dead for too long already. That’s why we’re still talking about this shit. We are survivors

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy
My ultimate callback and fuck you to Rian Johnson all in one go is beginning episode 9 with Snoke doing a voiceover: "Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Montage of Ep 8 scenes (Mary Poppins, Crylo's mutant chest, the alien tits, and maybe Holdo saying anything at all) segue to Rey waking up from a nightmare on Luke's island. "Well that was dreadful". Ignore everything that happened.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Montage of Ep 8 scenes (Mary Poppins, Crylo's mutant chest, the alien tits, and maybe Holdo saying anything at all) segue to Rey waking up from a nightmare on Luke's island. "Well that was dreadful". Ignore everything that happened.

Or stop caring about the series altogether as it was never going to work as a unified mythology anyways. It was a trilogy of decent movies decades ago, and that's all it needed to be.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My ultimate callback and fuck you to Rian Johnson all in one go is beginning episode 9 with Snoke doing a voiceover: "Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?"

He might throw it in there just to change the dialogue right now on Star Wars. He needs to make some waves.

This would be the single best way to change the tone of discussion. We'll see, as superbowl weekend draws ever closer.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think Solo proved that there are enough “principled” fans that the opening weekend for Ep IX is going to be humiliatingly low in sales. If it happens to be redeeming (somehow), then word of mouth will get around from the less principled fans (and dads with older kids that drag them along). I have no idea how JJ could pull that off while still under the thumb of The Force is Female, but I wouldn’t say it’s impossible... just extremely unlikely.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider

If they did that, but it was Rey and Luke meditating during training and having a vision of what could go wrong based on their choices, I’d be okay with it.

Then they just do the real movie that was intended.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think Solo proved that there are enough “principled” fans that the opening weekend for Ep IX is going to be humiliatingly low in sales. If it happens to be redeeming (somehow), then word of mouth will get around from the less principled fans (and dads with older kids that drag them along). I have no idea how JJ could pull that off while still under the thumb of The Force is Female, but I wouldn’t say it’s impossible... just extremely unlikely.

He did fight Kennedy to get TFA made.

They had some very serious blowouts regarding the TFA storyline. He actually fought the entire Force is Female story board room. So its likely he has additional freedoms since he already asserted and established dominance over them during the production of TFA.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Whatever it takes to get the story someplace serviceable.
they did a timejump for RotJ and it worked because it gave Luke the time to grind some levels and explain away his maturing between films. in this, who is training Ray? did they develop new rebel contacts? will need to see. still it feels gimicky.

Fadaar

That guy
retcon Ackbar dying and somehow bribe Denis Lawson into reprising his role as Wedge Antilles

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They can try any trick in the book and it won't matter if they don't get rid of the primary faults (Kennedy/Rian etc...) first.

• 7Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Tfa was kind of a prequels reset.

it's not a good place if they're resetting every second movie. Heh.

there are netflix miniseries that are the same quality as the OT, which is what makes the troubles with story and tone hard to understand. You know it's not a lack of competence. Pixar can make a wide appeal 90 to 120 feature every year or two. People just making some terrible choices. Stop a second and take the temperature of the room. He excited about the story and the money might follow.

Or just let star wars di e and admit it was a cultural phenomenon that no one can explain. A competent space opera that appealed to young adults and sold a lot of toys to their kids.

• 3Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
they did a timejump for RotJ and it worked because it gave Luke the time to grind some levels and explain away his maturing between films. in this, who is training Ray? did they develop new rebel contacts? will need to see. still it feels gimicky.
You missed the self improvement book she read while on the island. She also picked up the legendary texts, so that's obviously a +100 to Jedi'ing. She's a strong independent woman who don't need no man. /s

• 5Worf
  • 2Like