Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Aca-scuse me?!

rrr_img_127353.jpg
From google search, discovered she was on Pitch perfect 2.
She's hot, great actress and making her a bad "guy" in Star Wars, is fucking awesome.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Not really Ep 8 related but just a heads up for those who might be interested.Bottleneck Galleryis taking orders this weekend for a limited edition run of original trilogy posters by Matt Ferguson. It's 3 posters sold as a set.

ANH_print_final4dots_1024x1024.jpg

Empire_Print_final4dotsnoreflection_1024x1024.jpg
ROTJ_print_final4dots_1024x1024.jpg

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
On Oscar night, Daisy seems to have confirmed that VIII will start immediately after VII, no time jump like between all the other movies. Kind of like it!

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Well, that and the teaser of them filming on the island with her still holding the saber.

With Finn being KO'ed at the end when she left, him waking up will give a sense of the time her and Chewie spent in hyperspace.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Well, that and the teaser of them filming on the island with her still holding the saber.

With Finn being KO'ed at the end when she left, him waking up will give a sense of the time her and Chewie spent in hyperspace.
Finn's cliffhanger is the same as any Sci-Fi show in their first ep/season. D'Argo didn't end up dying after all, but we never really fucking saw Sinclair and Pike ever again. Poor Pike, poor, poor Pike.

Depending on reaction and notes Finn could have died if everyone hated him, came back as a cyborg, etc..etc.. There were way too many forks in this movie, most of which will end up as red herrings. They could still even go the route they setup with Finn being an uber-Jedi too, explaining the Stormtrooper who turned him into Wilson at the beginning of the movie.

But that's a red herring too. Just sayin' a lot of open ended shit for all characters in this film. They took no risks.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I agree, but I was addressing the loobies who said Rey's trip to Luke was 5 minutes.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I agree, but I was addressing the loobies who said Rey's trip to Luke was 5 minutes.
Just for the record I'm not saying it took 5 minutes, simply that once they know where to go there isn't much of a pretense for side adventures en route. Hyperspace travel does take time in the Star Wars universe.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hyperspace travel does take time in the Star Wars universe.
Except when (JarJar Abrams shitting on SW with StarTrek Vulcan explosion retardness v2.0) you fire a giant laser through hyperspace that destroys a system on the other side of the galaxy a few seconds later, while you are observing the explosion real-time in a completely different part of the galaxy.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Them seeing it was retarded, but don't pretend it was "on the other side of the galaxy." Probably a few solar systems over as it needs to move and consume stars to refuel.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Except when (JarJar Abrams shitting on SW with StarTrek Vulcan explosion retardness v2.0) you fire a giant laser through hyperspace that destroys a system on the other side of the galaxy a few seconds later, while you are observing the explosion real-time in a completely different part of the galaxy.
Ya, they totally should've just included a scene at the end of Episode 9 where they finally notice the star system being destroyed...

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Laser blasts going slow enough to see and block are stupid, too.

Speed of light doesn't work the same in the Star Wars Universe.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Laser blasts going slow enough to see and block are stupid, too.

Speed of light doesn't work the same in the Star Wars Universe.
Pretty sure blaster bolts are projectiles encased in superheated plasma bolts in the Star Wars universe, and not actually "laser blasts". That explains why they're much slower than the speed of light.

But really, in a movie where star systems are close enough to be seen by human eyes when a planet gets blown up by another through a tear in hyperspace caused by a superweapon that drains dark energy from stars to fire at entire star systems, your pet peeve is with the lasers being too slow?

Get it right people, this is space fantasy, not science fiction. There are people in robes using swords in these movies, Star Trek this is not.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Them seeing it was retarded, but don't pretend it was "on the other side of the galaxy." Probably a few solar systems over as it needs to move and consume stars to refuel.
Uh, no, by a canon map of the galaxy that thing fired somewhere between a third to one half the way across the galaxy, not a few solar systems over, which is why I said in the other thread that it's one of the most ridiculously powerful superweapons in all of sci-fi.

I'm sure it can all be attributed to Abrams giving absolutely no fucks about the ramifications of shit like a superweapon that can destroy an entire solar system from across the galaxy, or in Star Trek where interstellar transportation being possible would drastically change the entire known galaxy.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Pretty sure blaster bolts are projectiles encased in superheated plasma bolts in the Star Wars universe, and not actually "laser blasts". That explains why they're much slower than the speed of light.

But really, in a movie where star systems are close enough to be seen by human eyes when a planet gets blown up by another through a tear in hyperspace caused by a superweapon that drains dark energy from stars to fire at entire star systems, your pet peeve is with the lasers being too slow?

Get it right people, this is space fantasy, not science fiction. There are people in robes using swords in these movies, Star Trek this is not.
No, none if it is a pet peeve. I'm saying you people freaking out over something not being 100% scientifically sound in a universe where that's never been the case is stupid.

If it bothers you that much, then just believe the force did it

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Lol, I lost it at "Number one...."

His droning intonation is the thing of legends.